EGOSOFT now offers the promised Home of Light
for X Rebirth
, calling this the
largest expansion to date for the space combat game. This is accompanied by a
free patch to update the base game to version 4.0, as well as a playable demo
for those who wish to sample what the game has to offer.
off the expansion, and
discusses new features it and the new patch add. There is also now
a playable demo for the game available
. Here are details
on the patch and the expansion:
Feature overview Home of Light
expansion and X Rebirth 4.0 update:
- (HoL) Much larger universe: The Home of Light
expansion will bring three entire new systems, including the central Home of
Light, known from the X3 games, with a massive new economy.
- (HoL) Trade stations: A new station type allows
you to stock large amounts of any wares you like. Buy up goods when they are
cheap and sell when the price is high or your competitors' stations
- (HoL and 4.0) New enemies, new weapons, new
missions, new and mysterious phenomena.
- (HoL and 4.0) Many new secrets to explore in the
outskirts of the ever growing X universe.
- (HoL and 4.0) Bulletin Board System (BBS): The new
BBS system collects all currently available missions in space for an easier
- (4.0) Trade improvements: Graphs showing market
developments over time, a best deal finder and many UI improvements to make
- (4.0) New engine technology: Extend your ship with
a Jump Drive and other new technology to travel through the universe quicker
- (4.0) Customisable weapon upgrades: Craft weapon
modifications to improve your favourite weapons.
- (4.0) Many more improvements like: Major overhaul
of external view, Improved tutorials, Improved fleet management with new
property owned menu and commands, New difficulty setting “Very hard”.