Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Deponia Doomsday Next Week

Daedalic announces plans for Deponia Doomsday, saying those interested in a fourth installment in "the most successful German adventure series of all time" don't have long to wait, as it will be released on March 1st for Windows, OS X, and Linux (with console editions to follow). The game's Steam page is online, and here's an announcement teaser with a look at what to expect, and here's the news:

The flying city of Elysium has fallen, hideous Fewlocks inhabit the junk planet Deponia and Rufus is apparently the sole (human) survivor. He sees only one way out: Deponia must be blown up.

Terrified, Rufus awakes in his bed. Was that a dream or a vision? Fortunately, Rufus can check this right away as the oddball Professor McChronicle has detected several time anomalies. It's rather handy that Rufus finds a time machine and immediately sets out to duly muddle up the past, present and future.

Features:

• Dystopia vs. Utopia mixed with Neill Blomkamp's Elysium and Christopher Nolan's Interstellar – Welcome to Deponia Doomsday!
  • Following Goodbye Deponia, the first game developed 100% by Jan Müller-Michaelis (alias Poki)
  • Fan service: Some players called for an alternate ending and another part to the Deponia saga
  • Rufus travels through time – with dramatic consequences
  • Goal, Lonzo, Lotti and even Wenzel – Reunions with familiar and over 70 new oddball characters
  • The player discovers the floating city of Elysium for the first time
  • With around 20 hours of gameplay and over 100 game backgrounds, Deponia Doomsday is the largest and most elaborate Deponia game so far
  • Deponia Doomsday serves a timeless (!) genre and once again resurrects classic adventures

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 26, 2016, 15:13 saluk

Yeah I found these games quite mediocre. And yet I played them all and will play the fourth one. As a gamer for whom adventure games are still my favorite genre... I take what I can get :/  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 26, 2016, 07:09 yuastnav

Wow, I didn't know there are people who like it.
I'm not trying to be an ass, it's just that I found this game (at least the first one) to be utter and absolute garbage since none of the puzzles made any god damn sense and I've been fantasizing about ways to kill the player character in the most disturbing and gruesome way the entire time I've been playing the game, especially when he opened hist stupid trap.

It was one of the worst games I've ever played and from what I could gather the sequels were the same in that respect. Guess it's just not my kind of game.

4. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 25, 2016, 22:55 eRe4s3r

Aside from the 3rd one I liked all the Deponia games so far  

3. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Feb 25, 2016, 15:32 Bitterbug

They were in the Humble Bundle. That'a pretty good meter for an upcoming sequel release or other announcement if the game has good reviews in the past.
Seems like Bundles generally run along the lines of games with mixed/poor reviews but hey, they're practically free, or good reviews and something new is coming from that line.
Great way to build a fanbase.

2. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 25, 2016, 12:36 vacs

Cool, just finished the trilogy 2 months ago. what a coincidence

Amazingly fun and enjoyable old-school adventure. Can't wait..

1. Re: Deponia Doomsday Next Week Feb 25, 2016, 11:16 Linksil

I really like this series. I haven't had this much fun since space quest.  
Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo