Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Dark Souls III Trailer

A new trailer from Dark Souls III shows off the "true colors of darkness" (which sounds a little like an ad for OLED televisions) of FromSoftware's action/RPG sequel. Word is: "Titled 'True Colors of Darkness,' the trailer drops viewers into the twisted world of DARK SOULS III, filled to the brim with grotesque enemies, lethal weapons and the classic sword and sorcery combat and rewarding action-RPG gameplay the DARK SOULS franchise is known for."

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 23:32 Paranoid Jack

Have they nailed down the multiplayer? I know the bell summons/bell maiden from Bloodborne is not in. Instead you use an item that does not vanish from your inventory. I hope you can only be invaded if you have summonsed help. I know a lot of PvPers were complaining about invading to find a group of two or three people they had to take on all at once... but that is the way I want it to be. I hated playing late night/early morning and having the same over powered ganker invade me repeatedly and there was nothing you could do to stop it at times. The flip side, at times it was fun setting up traps for them. Of course when the game first releases that won't be as much of a problem until people start to learn all the tricks. Got release day forecasted as off.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 20:32 bigspender

Nuhauser wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 16:34:
I'm sure I'll pick this up, get the SweetFX graphics mod, spend a couple of hours tweaking the godawful mouse and keyboard controls, and then play it for 20 hours until I get frustrated/bored with it, leave it for a week, start it up on a Tuesday evening when I'm bored, and wonder what the fuck I was thinking spending so much time on it in the first place. Exactly like I did with the first 2.

Play it with a friend or two. It's exponentially more fun.

6. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 19:56 Vall Forran

rudra wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 18:44:
not really that fluid either...

but it is extremely focused on timing

because tons of things will one-shot you and so forth - its that extreme danger element that makes it a DS game

Fluid and Balanced come into play when you are "good" at this game. Same with the Witcher 3.

5. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 18:44 rudra

not really that fluid either...

but it is extremely focused on timing

because tons of things will one-shot you and so forth - its that extreme danger element that makes it a DS game

4. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 18:07 Tipsy McStagger

Squirmer wrote on Feb 25, 2016, 16:13:
Dark Souls is much more finely balanced.

I think you used the wrong descriptors for your intent.

Combat in Dark Souls games isn't "Balanced" at all, with lots of weapons being vastly superior to others. (That fucking stone spear comes to mind)

What I think you meant was dark souls has much more fluid mechanics for it's combat system.

3. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 16:34 Nuhauser

I'm sure I'll pick this up, get the SweetFX graphics mod, spend a couple of hours tweaking the godawful mouse and keyboard controls, and then play it for 20 hours until I get frustrated/bored with it, leave it for a week, start it up on a Tuesday evening when I'm bored, and wonder what the fuck I was thinking spending so much time on it in the first place. Exactly like I did with the first 2.  

2. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 16:13 Squirmer

That's a very different kind of combat though. Dragon's Dogma is a lot messier. Dark Souls is much more finely balanced, and that would be hard to maintain if players could just hang off the back of a boss.  

1. Re: Dark Souls III Trailer Feb 25, 2016, 14:35 mellis

Never understood why boss fights in 'Souls never took inspiration from Dragons Dogma, which is way better at dealing with epic monster battles. Clambering up a giant monster and hanging on while slashing away is way more epic than basically a foot slashing contest.  

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >