Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Farming Simulator 17 Announced

Focus Home Interactive announces Farming Simulator 17, a new installment in their agriculture series coming to Windows and consoles by the end of this year. Information on this should be added soon to the official Farming Simulator website, and in the meantime there's a bit on what to expect in the announcement:

Giants Software and Focus Home Interactive are pleased to announce today the continuation of their partnership for the release of Farming Simulator 17, arriving simultaneously on PC and consoles at the end of 2016. The game will be introduced for the first time during the What's Next of Focus Home Interactive press event organised in Paris, where journalists across the world can discover all upcoming titles released by Focus. There, they can also meet the developers of Farming Simulator 17 and discover some of the brand new features added to Giants Software's upcoming game.

"It's been a pleasure working with Focus throughout all these years. This partnership is the water on the seed that made Farming Simulator grow into the global phenomenon it is today. Each time we release a new version together we reach more people, and we look forward to expanding this reach even further in the coming years."
Thomas Frey - Vice-President of Giants Software

"Farming Simulator is a one of a kind story in the video game industry. Years ago, we imagined a unique destiny for this game and Giants Software, their creators. It is with great satisfaction that we succeed in reaching all of our objectives. There are still a lot of beautiful pages to write for Farming Simulator, and it starts right now with the simultaneous release of the game on PC and consoles at the end of the year."
CÚdric Lagarrigue - President of Focus Home Interactive

View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 23, 2016, 14:24 Fritzo

This is one of those game I tell people exists and they think I'm kidding.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 23, 2016, 00:56 dubfanatic

rudra wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 16:51:
Bundy wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 14:34:
I've mentioned these games to my Uncle, who is a farmer. He just stared at me like, "why would anyone ever want to...."

because its absolutely nothing like real farming.. for one, the time is x1000, for another, no physical labor, etc. etc. etc.

they distill out the "fun" bits

thats why

Does it simulate commodity price crashes?

15. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 19:05 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 10:41:
Woot woot!

BAN THIS SICK FILTH

"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

14. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 18:49 HorrorScope

Mordhaus wrote on Feb 22, 2016, 17:51:
They should ban these games. We don't want terrorists playing them and learning how to farm.

Didn't see that ending coming... I thought it was going to be "seeing us playing them and giving them another reason to attack us".

13. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 17:51 Mordhaus

They should ban these games. We don't want terrorists playing them and learning how to farm.  

12. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 16:51 rudra

I've mentioned these games to my Uncle, who is a farmer. He just stared at me like, "why would anyone ever want to...."

because its absolutely nothing like real farming.. for one, the time is x1000, for another, no physical labor, etc. etc. etc.

they distill out the "fun" bits

thats why

11. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 16:37 Shok

Woot woot!

I didn't have epilepsy before watching that, now I do!

10. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 16:09 SpectralMeat

Most people judge these games by the title without even looking at gameplay or trying the demo.
There's fun to be had there, even if the game doesn't have cutting edge graphics or Ai.

Steam: SpectralMeat

9. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 16:03 Parias

Believe it or not, I've actually had a few good LAN parties around Farming Sim 2015. There's some great potential to comedy there, in addition to a surprising amount of satisfaction at growing your resources, selling them off, and expanding your infrastructure to get a bunch of cool new toys.  

8. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 15:10 Gadzooks

17th times a charm  

7. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 14:38 nin

I have a friend who worked for BNSF for decades and he had a similar response when I told him about the train sims on steam...

6. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 14:34 Bundy

5. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 11:52 HorrorScope

I wonder if playing this, you then count as a farmer at farmers only? Farmer at heart. I'm thinking... yes!  

4. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 11:23 Cutter

These things must be selling damn well is Saitek is making peripherals for them.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

3. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 11:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

Woot woot!

That video cracks me up every time. I'm actually tempted to buy Farming Simulator 15, it is(was?) on sale on Steam, but I surely don't need to add anything but XCOM2 and Witcher 3 to the queue at this point.

2. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 10:41 nin

Woot woot!

1. Re: Farming Simulator 17 Announced Feb 22, 2016, 10:13 PHJF

Yeah but is it non-GMO? And gluten really messes with my aura.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo