Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire

The Counter-Strike blog announces the commencement of Operation Wildfire, offering free unlimited access to seven community-created maps, the return of Nuke, and the chance for an enhanced experience through the purchase of the Operation Wildfire Access Pass. There's a separate post explaining the reintroduction of Nuke, and here are some details:

Operation Wildfire begins today, featuring unlimited FREE access to a collection of seven top-rated community maps, and the return of Nuke!

Operation Wildfire Access Pass
Want to get the most out of Operation Wildfire? With an Operation Wildfire Access Pass, you’ll gain access to a host of features.
Activate your pass, and you’ll get an Operation Journal that will track your stats in official competitive matches, along with an Operation Wildfire Coin which is displayable wherever your avatar is shown and upgradable by completing campaign Challenge Missions.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 21:29 Sepharo

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 20:53:
Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 15:37:
theglaze wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 14:34:
When someone is "better" than me because they have faster reflexes, more accurate aiming, better hearing, superior game sense, and just plan logged more hours...yeah it's natural to think they cheat. The unfortunate truth is that they usually don't, especially if you download the demo to review.

/me passes out from disbelief Whew

Someone other than myself making this rational argument?! Can't be!

Don't worry, it's not. He's cheating at MessageBoard GO

I've got all the message board cheat codes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 20:53 Beamer

Sepharo wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 15:37:
When someone is "better" than me because they have faster reflexes, more accurate aiming, better hearing, superior game sense, and just plan logged more hours...yeah it's natural to think they cheat. The unfortunate truth is that they usually don't, especially if you download the demo to review.

Don't worry, it's not. He's cheating at MessageBoard GO

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 20:21 Xero

I play CS GO at least one competitive match a day minimal so I'd say I'm fairly active, considering I used to be glued to the damn game pre CSGO. With that said, unfortunately there are tons of better players at this point because CS has gone through so many iterations, people got their skills early on.

I've played plenty of matches were my teammates are whiny biatches just because they keep dying when they literally suck balls, our opponents are legit better, and all I hear are whiny hack rants. It's so lame, and ultimately that is what kills the experience because someone can't wrap their head around losing to a better player.

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Turok 2, RE2

12. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 18:10 theglaze

hoolaparara wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 18:02:
Having played the new Cruise map I can't help but wonder why they didn't just put one of those velvet ropes across the boarding ramp, then the whole terrorist incident wouldn't have happened.

lol

I played that one first, very streamline with long angles and north/south layout.

Then played Coast afterwards, a maze of tight angles with nooks and flanking hallways in every part of the map...reminds me a lot of CoD.

11. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 18:02 hoolaparara

Having played the new Cruise map I can't help but wonder why they didn't just put one of those velvet ropes across the boarding ramp, then the whole terrorist incident wouldn't have happened.  

10. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 17:15 Sepharo

Cyanotetyphas wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 16:23:
Seph, do you ever get the operations? Is there a point?

I get them for the little skill challenges and unlocks. I'm a whore though and pay to open every case I get. I rationalize it because I mostly plays Arms Race and GunGame normally where the drops are very infrequent... but yeah I don't want to know how many times I've spent $2.50 on a key. Disposable, super disposable, income... yay I guess.

9. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 16:44 edaciousx

Omni wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:58:
csgo is the new cheater paradise so yeah lets keep throwing money at it. We all know valve and their wonderful support.

Yea, there are cheaters. But at the same time... a lot of people are called cheaters when they really aren't. The Skill gap between Global and LEM is fairly significant. And post patch I can't even imagine how big this gap is.

I understand you are probably really discouraged about all the "cheating" but a lot of it really isn't cheating at all. It's just that some people are significantly better than others.

8. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 16:27 sauron

I just play CSGO with bots - at least they don't cheat, and they don't say anything about each others' moms.  

Kittens!

7. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 16:23 Cyanotetyphas

Seph, do you ever get the operations? Is there a point?

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

6. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 15:37 Sepharo

5. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 14:34 theglaze

Omni wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 10:58:
csgo is the new cheater paradise so yeah lets keep throwing money at it. We all know valve and their wonderful support.

I've done about 150 overwatch cases (peer review of reported violations) and about half of them cheated, and most of those were blatant to a spectator.

PHJF wrote on Feb 18, 2016, 12:08:
I always liked nuke.

I tried nuke on casual mode, had some pretty major frame rate skips with my nvidia card, pretty disappointed. Hopefully optimizations are inbound or it doesn't affect me in competitive 5vs5.

4. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 13:33 Sepharo

Nuke was already in GO. This is just a redesign to make it more acceptable for competitive play.  

3. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 12:08 PHJF

I always liked nuke.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

2. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 12:02 descender

Operation Wildfire begins today, featuring unlimited FREE access

The thing you didn't read was shorter than the thing you posted.

1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Operation Wildfire Feb 18, 2016, 10:58 Omni

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo