Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3

Otherside Entertainment announces that famed designer Warren Spector will soon be joining their company, saying that: "Efforts on System Shock 3 will accelerate this year under Warren’s direction, while OtherSide continues working on Underworld Ascendant, the successor to the Ultima Underworld series." This reunites Warren with Paul Neurath, as both were part of the glory days of Looking Glass Studios. "I’m delighted to have Warren stepping up into a director role at OtherSide and helping lead the charge with our innovative approach to gaming," says Paul. "I can think of no one better suited to take on this creative challenge. Warren has changed the industry before and will do so again." Word is he will break on through to the other side following the conclusion of his current teaching duties:
OtherSide Entertainment is thrilled to announce that Warren Spector, one of the leading creative minds in the game industry, will soon be joining the company.

Warren has been a producer, designer, and director behind some of the industry’s most beloved games, including System Shock, Deus Ex, and the Ultima series. He led Junction Point Studios in creating the best-selling Disney Epic Mickey and recently oversaw the Denuis-Sam Gaming Academy post-baccalaureate program at UT Austin.

Warren has acted as a Creative Advisor to OtherSide since the studio’s inception. Following the end of this semester’s classes at UT Austin, he will transition into a full-time position as one of OtherSide’s Studio Directors. Warren will continue to help in a creative capacity on Underworld Ascendant and, later this year, ramp up and lead the team developing System Shock 3.

Warren has a long history working with members of the OtherSide team, having collaborated with founder Paul Neurath on the original Ultima Underworld games, Thief: The Dark Project, and System Shock.
View : : :

Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3
Feb 18, 2016, 07:45
Bub
Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3 Feb 18, 2016, 07:45
Feb 18, 2016, 07:45
Bub

I think System Shock 1 was far superior to SS2. SS2 just seemed to go downhill from the start. The farther into the game the more monotonous and dreary it got, with the protagonists morphing from detailed models to shapeless globs and sparkles. I hope they produce something with the depth and detail of SS1 and not the belabored SS2.
==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================
Date
Subject
Author
Feb 17, 2016Feb 17 2016
Feb 17, 2016Feb 17 2016
Feb 18, 2016Feb 18 2016
Re: Warren Spector Joining Otherside for System Shock 3