Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Out of the Blue

Happy Ash Wednesday! Glad I caught that one as it slipped past me that yesterday was Fat Tuesday. I guess this means I missed Mardi Gras, but I probably wouldn't collect any beads anyway, as in spite of El Nino, it's a little cold to be flashing my boobs these days.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Blacksmith Lab.
Run Pinky Run.
Stories: This ‘Death Suit’ Makes Burials Eco- and Wallet-Friendly.
The iconic Boeing 747 is almost 50.
Science: Morocco Unveils A Massive Solar Power Plant In The Sahara. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
What Little Babies See That You No Longer Can.
The Science Behind Why You Get Hangry.
Media: Fastest Mobility Scooter - Guinness World Records.
Follow-up: Budget “bow wave” causes Air Force to cut 45 F-35s from purchase plans.
The Funnies: Savage Chickens.
Also, Savage Chickens.
Brevity.

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 19:22 Agent.X7

Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 17:02:
nin wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 10:34:
Creston wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 09:51:
That solar plant is very impressive. I shudder to think at how much it cost to build, but it's an incredible facility.

It reminds me of that tech bit that got pushed around a few years ago, about making all roads to have embedded solar cells. Sure, it's a great concept, but the cost???

Yeah, the cost would literally bankrupt the US. But hey, good job there, think tanks...?

They're still working on it. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/solar-roadways#/updates

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 17:03 Creston

BobBob wrote on Feb 10, 2016, 13:56:
Apparently, Santa Ana wind will not allow El Niño to encroach on its territory. It will be 84 degrees today - picture taken yesterday. 90 degrees this weekend.

It's a balmy 60s here today. Lovely weather.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 17:02 Creston

That solar plant is very impressive. I shudder to think at how much it cost to build, but it's an incredible facility.

It reminds me of that tech bit that got pushed around a few years ago, about making all roads to have embedded solar cells. Sure, it's a great concept, but the cost???

Yeah, the cost would literally bankrupt the US. But hey, good job there, think tanks...?

6. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 13:56 BobBob

Apparently, Santa Ana wind will not allow El Niño to encroach on its territory. It will be 84 degrees today - picture taken yesterday. 90 degrees this weekend.  
Don't like my post? Submit a complaint

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 13:30 Cutter

Yeah, you usually don't miss Shrove Tuesday, Blue. Don't the IHOPs there do free flapjacks or something?

And that plant is brilliant. They need to spring up everywhere.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

4. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 12:27 PHJF

Using the for all practical purposes endless supply of free energy from the sun to power stuff? What is this witchcraft?

And this isn't power from some crazy rare-earth material. It's a bunch of mirrors heating up some kind of liquid.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 10:39 MajorD

It looks familiar....wasn't that movie Sahara (Clive Cussler) with Matthew McConaughey filmed there?

Still counting...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 10:34 nin

1. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2016, 09:51 Creston

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo