LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced

WBIE and TT Games announce LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the inevitable LEGO-styled platformer prequel to the new Star Wars movie. This currently carries a June 28th release date, and will come to Windows, consoles and handhelds. Word is: "LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes players deeper into the new film than any other game with all of the heroic characters from the movie, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and BB-8, as well as Kylo Ren, General Hux and Captain Phasma, while also exploring iconic Star Wars locales, such as Jakku and Starkiller Base." The Official Announce Trailer shows off how this looks, and the announcement offers some details on what to expect:
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Lucasfilm today announced LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™, marking the triumphant return of the No. 1 LEGO videogame franchise, allowing players to relive the epic action from the blockbuster film in a fun-filled, humorous way that only a LEGO game can offer. Launching on June 28, 2016, the game will introduce brand new gameplay mechanics to build, battle and fly through the galaxy like never before, as well as new story content exploring the time between Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, providing additional insight about the new movie and its characters.

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, developed by TT Games and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, will be available for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system, Xbox One, Xbox 360, the Wii U™ system from Nintendo, the Nintendo 3DS™ family of systems and Windows PC.

“We’re extremely proud of the LEGO Star Wars videogames, truly an incredible franchise that has sold more than 33 million copies and helped ignite a passion for numerous fun-filled LEGO games enjoyed by countless gamers around the world,” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games. “LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be pushing the series forward with innovative new gameplay mechanics, while also exploring new parts of the universe that are sure to excite and delight both LEGO and Star Wars fans, as well as newcomers to our games.”

“We are thrilled to be bringing back the LEGO Star Wars videogame franchise, which kicked off such a beloved series of LEGO titles more than a decade ago,” said Ada Duan, Vice President, Digital Business & Franchise Management, Lucasfilm. “LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens allows players to experience the new film in a unique way that only TT Games can provide, combining signature humor with epic Star Wars action. With exclusive story content exploring new details about the movie and its characters, it’s a perfect fit for fans young and old.”

“We are delighted to return to the Star Wars Universe and continue the journey with the franchise that started it all for LEGO videogames.” said Niels Jørgensen, Vice President, Digital Games for the LEGO Group. “LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens will offer an amazing gaming experience covering not only the movie but also exclusive content with all the fun and humor you would expect from a LEGO game, while delivering the epic Star Wars adventure fans expect”

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens takes players deeper into the new film than any other game with all of the heroic characters from the movie, including Rey, Finn, Poe Dameron, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C-3PO, and BB-8, as well as Kylo Ren, General Hux and Captain Phasma, while also exploring iconic Star Wars locales, such as Jakku and Starkiller Base.

This action-packed adventure introduces new gameplay features, including the enhanced “Multi-Builds” system, where players can choose from multiple building options to advance the game. Gamers will be able to engage in intense new Blaster Battles for the first time, utilizing surrounding environments to drive back the First Order. Fans can also experience the thrill of high-speed flight gameplay through arena-based battles and dogfights in space, while utilizing a multitude of vehicles along the way, including the legendary Millennium Falcon.

PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 players will have access to exclusive downloadable content, the Droid Character Pack and the Phantom Limb Level Pack. For information on LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, visit the PlayStation Blog.

View : : :
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced
Feb 3, 2016, 13:39
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 13:39
Feb 3, 2016, 13:39

GinRummy wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 19:52:
Although you could argue that saying "The Good Three" versus "The Sucky Three" but then people would bring up that the third movie in each series is not the same quality as to lump it with the other two. Now we got a seventh and everything is higgly piggly!
You're right, the third in the prequel trilogy was worse than the other two, and the third in the original trilogy was better than the other two.

I'll let myself out.

Seriously though, I do like Sith the least of the prequels and Jedi the most of the OT. I know that's not the majority view, and I'm not a hipster who hates everything "everyone else" likes. That's just my personal preference.

Anyway, you do have a good point about "the first three movies". It's definitely confusing, although the new trilogy and Episode 7 don't really add to or remove from the confusion as far as I can see (at least until people start saying "the last three movies").

Feb 3, 2016, 10:27
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 10:27
Feb 3, 2016, 10:27

nin wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 09:55:
As much fun as these tend to be, I can't help but think they'll do another trilogy set once episode 9 ships.

Granted, that is like 3+ years away.

Yeah I'll wait for the Full Trilogy game. They always do one. But when they do, I'm there. I love playing these in co-op.

Feb 3, 2016, 04:09
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 04:09
Feb 3, 2016, 04:09

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2016, 02:28:
Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 17:45:
Episode VII was "terrible"?

so edgy

The movie was terrible.

Seriously Slick, is there a corporate cock you won't suck?

Wow so this is for real. Never thought I'd encounter one in the wild.

Feb 3, 2016, 02:28
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 02:28
Feb 3, 2016, 02:28

Slick wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 17:45:

so edgy

The movie was terrible.

Seriously Slick, is there a corporate cock you won't suck?
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Feb 3, 2016, 02:26
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 02:26
Feb 3, 2016, 02:26

mellis wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 14:47:
Even if it's crap, it'll be better than the movie

Heh.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Feb 3, 2016, 02:25
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 3, 2016, 02:25
Feb 3, 2016, 02:25

Alpaca San wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 19:24:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 18:39:
Really? That's sucks from a standpoint of not using anything from the first 3 movies to improve Battlefront.

Everything in Battlefront is from the first three movies... maybe one day someone will make Episode I, II, and III, but I'm quite certain there has never been any made before New Hope.

I meant episodes 1-3

Feb 2, 2016, 19:52
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 19:52
Feb 2, 2016, 19:52

Some day, God willing, somebody will come up with a better way to make everyone understand when they're talking about "The first three movies" whether they are by numerical order or chronological (by release date, that is). Until then confusion and arguments rein. Although you could argue that saying "The Good Three" versus "The Sucky Three" but then people would bring up that the third movie in each series is not the same quality as to lump it with the other two. Now we got a seventh and everything is higgly piggly!

Feb 2, 2016, 19:43
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 19:43
Feb 2, 2016, 19:43

DangerDog wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 18:17:
It was quite comical hearing the excuse for EA not having any force awakens DLC for Battlefront. According to EA they're not allowed to mix old with new because of the contract with Disney, you have to remain in cannon for the period of time the game is set in.

Because Luke fighting Vader on Hoth was in the movie.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Feb 2, 2016, 19:24
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 19:24
Feb 2, 2016, 19:24

The Half Elf wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 18:39:
Really? That's sucks from a standpoint of not using anything from the first 3 movies to improve Battlefront.

Everything in Battlefront is from the first three movies... maybe one day someone will make Episode I, II, and III, but I'm quite certain there has never been any made before New Hope.

Feb 2, 2016, 18:39
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 18:39
Feb 2, 2016, 18:39

DangerDog wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 18:17:
It was quite comical hearing the excuse for EA not having any force awakens DLC for Battlefront. According to EA they're not allowed to mix old with new because of the contract with Disney, you have to remain in cannon for the period of time the game is set in.

Feb 2, 2016, 18:17
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 18:17
Feb 2, 2016, 18:17

Feb 2, 2016, 17:45
Slick

Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 17:45
Feb 2, 2016, 17:45
 Slick

so edgy
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Feb 2, 2016, 16:18
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 16:18
Feb 2, 2016, 16:18

As a Lego lover and owning all but 2 of the Lego games I won't be buying this. The movie was bad enough.

Feb 2, 2016, 14:59
Kxmode

Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 14:59
Feb 2, 2016, 14:59
 Kxmode

Matt straight up sucks!
"What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it is almost impossible to eradicate."

Feb 2, 2016, 14:47
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 14:47
Feb 2, 2016, 14:47

Even if it's crap, it'll be better than the movie

Feb 2, 2016, 14:40
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 14:40
Feb 2, 2016, 14:40

SHOCKING! I never would have believed...oh forget it. Everyone knew this was coming.
Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

Feb 2, 2016, 12:05
nin

Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 12:05
Feb 2, 2016, 12:05
 nin

Darks wrote on Feb 2, 2016, 11:59:
As much fun as these tend to be, I can't help but think they'll do another trilogy set once episode 9 ships.

Um try at least 6 years nin. the new star wars is not due out until 2 years from now. so do the math.

And yea, these are a lot of fun especially Coop.

2017 and 2019.

Rogue One is this xmas, and episode 8 (about to start shooting) is xmas 2017. Then another anthology in 18, and episode 9 in 19 (barring any more delays).

Feb 2, 2016, 11:59
Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 11:59
Feb 2, 2016, 11:59

Um try at least 6 years nin. the new star wars is not due out until 2 years from now. so do the math.

And yea, these are a lot of fun especially Coop.
Author of the Neverwinter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.
Now integrated into Steams NWN: Enhanced Edition

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

Feb 2, 2016, 09:55
nin

Re: LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens Announced Feb 2, 2016, 09:55
Feb 2, 2016, 09:55
 nin

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older