Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap

There's a The Road Ahead post on the Star Wars Battlefront website with details on future plans for the futuristic action game, including free content tomorrow, more free content next month, and details on season pass contents, including one DLC pack based on the Death Star. Here's word:
We began our post-launch journey together last month with the Battle of Jakku DLC, adding two new maps and the new mode Turning Point. Tomorrow, we are adding more free content to the game for all Star Wars Battlefront players, including:

• The Tatooine Survival map will now support the Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs Villains multiplayer modes, and is called Raider Camp.
  • New Hoth-themed outfits for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo, both of which will be available to all fans when they play as these two iconic characters on Hoth – these were unlocked by our players for completing our Heroes’ Holiday community mission last month.
  • We are giving players the ability to create Private Matches, which makes playing with friends even easier.
  • The introduction of Daily Challenges and Community Events. These are designed to rally the Community around certain goals and objectives, giving players the chance to earn credits and unlocks even faster. We'll have more news regarding Community Events and Daily Challenges in the days ahead.
  • And of course, we are also including some overall balancing tweaks to both weapons and multiplayer modes.

In February, we will continue to add more free content for all players, including a new Survival mission on Hoth, and a brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that will support our larger game modes including Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron and Turning Point. Speaking of Turning Point, we are also excited to make this popular mode available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy in the February update.

In March, we will be adding another exciting new multiplayer map on Endor that will support Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point, and an additional Tatooine Survival map.

In addition to the free content we will be delivering through March, we will continue to listen to our community throughout the year and provide updates designed to make Star Wars Battlefront even more fun for everyone.

Now, a lot of you have been asking for more details around Season Pass, and we want to give you some more information today. Season Pass is going to give you more of the content you love -- maps and modes, Heroes, weapons, and more. We are thrilled to share with you the names of each digital expansion pack, as well as some details on what players can expect with each one and when they will be available.

• Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.

All this content is available as part of the Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass, available now for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and on Origin for PC. Each digital expansion pack will also be available separately. Head on over to our website to learn more about all the exciting content you can expect.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 19:48 TheEmissary

Total-Khaos wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 14:37:
I wouldn't trust any of those numbers. When asked how they obtained player counts, they responded with:

Fetching data of another service is not as hard as many people think Nowadays with all the technology and all the different programming languages, it is nearly as easy as writing your own name.

We can't share how we do it. The numbers are fetched every 5 minutes from EA servers.

True, we are not related to EA/DICE in any way but nobody needs to be related to anybody to be able to do stuff online.

It seems amazing that this particular website can do what nobody else can apparently do.

Judging by what little information on how they aggregiate the data it seems like they are probably fetching user profiles and making a guessimate on that. I guess they are trying to make relative comparisons but there is no way they can be accurate. EA is going to sit on this data.

I have no doubt the game is declining on PC judging by how often you see the same people and how long it takes for the matchmaking to work. We have no clue if the concurrent users are 1k or 15k.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 17:36 DangerDog

Total-Khaos wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 14:37:
I wouldn't trust any of those numbers. When asked how they obtained player counts, they responded with:

Fetching data of another service is not as hard as many people think Nowadays with all the technology and all the different programming languages, it is nearly as easy as writing your own name.

We can't share how we do it. The numbers are fetched every 5 minutes from EA servers.

True, we are not related to EA/DICE in any way but nobody needs to be related to anybody to be able to do stuff online.

It seems amazing that this particular website can do what nobody else can apparently do.

you're right, the numbers are probably much lower on the PC. It sure feels that way when you try to find a game and nothing comes up.

21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 14:37 Total-Khaos

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 14:32 Creston

That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for DLC to come out. Most people will have long since moved on by then.

Speaking of that... *glares at Bethesda*

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 09:01 descender

DLC Map packs are the quickest way to fracture and destroy your online community. This is EA's strongest gameplay mechanic :p The mere existence of a "Season Pass" meant up front that you had to be willing to buy every DLC pack or accept that you would be playing with a small percentage of the population as soon as those packs start coming out.

Thanks but uh... no thanks EA.

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 07:49 Maniac

Armengar wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 07:39:
but by that time there will be no one to play with. Look at the stats, the game is dieing already.

http://swbstats.com/

For PC during workday means max 9k players and currently little under 4k. Yikes.

Peeked into bf4 (I know they are really not comparable, but still) and 33k and 17k respectively.

17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 07:39 Armengar

but by that time there will be no one to play with. Look at the stats, the game is dieing already.  

Its not the cough that carries you off but the coffin they carry you off in.

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 06:33 pagb

And people still throws bullshit about the 120 bucks thing. Anyone paying that sum is just a moron wasting his money, and the people bitching about that price mark probably didn't have any intentions to buy the game even if it vas 40$.

I picked the game for 32€ prior to launch day and I plan to pay ~20€ for the season pass when the time comes... waaaaay lower than 120€

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 05:01  jdreyer 

DangerDog wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 21:36:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:15:
That's really cool of them to post that kind of roadmap AFTER selling millions of season passes in advance. But I guess that's just what happens when shit meets a million brainless flies.

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Anyone buying either the $120 super special edition deluxe version or the $50 season pass before even getting a hit as to what is in it is a fool.

It's far more popular on the console than the PC, even if you like the game it'll be a waste of money to buy any of the DLC.

This is Titanfall all over again, not a horrible game but complete lack of players kills the online only aspect of it. They should have had bot support for the different modes but from what I've read that isn't going to happen, neither is a proper server browser so you can at least queue up to play on the few remaining active servers.

I would have bought it at Christymas for whatever price if it had had bots. My son and I still play Battlefront 2, and did so as recently as last weekend. Against bots.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 04:42  jdreyer 

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:13:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:11:
Wake me up when EA looses the Star Wars License and someone makes a REAL Battlefront game.

Something like 7 more years?

Hey, at least we have mods so modders can "fix" it!

Oh, wait...

Fuck you, EA & Dice.

"Blizzard fucked up what should have been the easiest pile of free money ever." - NKD

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 04:39 DangerDog

Unless they do something original and creative with the settings and gameplay for Battlefront I don't see this series lasting year in and out.

Despite the rumblings of the over vocal minority I don't think a game based on the prequels or force awakens would be an easy sell.

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 27, 2016, 03:09 InBlack

Wake me up when EA looses the Star Wars License and someone makes a REAL Battlefront game.

I have a feeling you'll be asleep for a looooong time.

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 23:50 bigspender

This.

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 23:32 TheEmissary

Yosemite Sam wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 23:01:
Well, on the PS4 this game died a long time ago, as I thought it would based on the lack of content. I stopped seeing people playing it inside of a month, way inside. Looks like early 2017 people will have what should have been in the box from day one.

Lets hope the game isn't as dead as Battlefield Hardline when the final DLC rolls out. I agree with you the spacing between the DLC is going to kill the game.

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 23:30 TheEmissary

As much as I enjoy Star Wars and want to see a future Battlefront game. A good game of this type doesn't have to use the Star wars license. Sure it would be nice to see familiar settings, vehicles or heroes but any well developed Science fiction setting could stand in for it. I am sure a spiritual clone/successor or what have you could do quite well.

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 23:01 Yosemite Sam

Well, on the PS4 this game died a long time ago, as I thought it would based on the lack of content. I stopped seeing people playing it inside of a month, way inside. Looks like early 2017 people will have what should have been in the box from day one.  

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 22:08 CJ_Parker

DangerDog wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 21:36:
That's really cool of them to post that kind of roadmap AFTER selling millions of season passes in advance. But I guess that's just what happens when shit meets a million brainless flies.

Anyone buying either the $120 super special edition deluxe version or the $50 season pass before even getting a hit as to what is in it is a fool.

Yep. That's exactly what I was trying to say with my shit and flies analogy .
I never bought the game, let alone the season pass, and I probably never will looking at that roadmap. I would only buy the ultimate edition when it sells for under $10 and by then they'll probably have shut down the servers so fuck this game in its entirety.

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 21:36 DangerDog

It's far more popular on the console than the PC, even if you like the game it'll be a waste of money to buy any of the DLC.

This is Titanfall all over again, not a horrible game but complete lack of players kills the online only aspect of it. They should have had bot support for the different modes but from what I've read that isn't going to happen, neither is a proper server browser so you can at least queue up to play on the few remaining active servers.

5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 20:44 Sempai

Jesus Christ..

SMH..

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Roadmap Jan 26, 2016, 20:15 CJ_Parker

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >