Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Evening Metaverse

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 27, 2016, 10:57 eRe4s3r

PunkiBastardo wrote on Jan 27, 2016, 09:55:
nin wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:55:
All of that doesn't take long, but when I only do it every few years, I end up stumbling through 3 million settings, trying to remember what I set where.

Did you know Firefox's sync will do all that for you?. It auto changes settings, auto downloads addons, and if the addons are well made it also remembers their config as they have some kind of cloud space to save addon data too.

I use it all the time. Install Firefox on a new pc, log into sync and Bam! My whole browser's there.

Also works across tablets and smart phones, and THAT is really neat. But that said, I am getting mighty sick of how slow Firefox runs... compared to Chrome that is.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 27, 2016, 09:55 PunkiBastardo

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:55:
All of that doesn't take long, but when I only do it every few years, I end up stumbling through 3 million settings, trying to remember what I set where.

Did you know Firefox's sync will do all that for you?. It auto changes settings, auto downloads addons, and if the addons are well made it also remembers their config as they have some kind of cloud space to save addon data too.

I use it all the time. Install Firefox on a new pc, log into sync and Bam! My whole browser's there.

5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 26, 2016, 23:49 Cutter

Why aren't you guys using Waterfox?

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 26, 2016, 23:39 MeanJim

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 20:17:
Sad as it is...I still prefer Firefox as my main browser...let thy flame wars begin lolz...

Why is that sad? I still prefer it too, though I don't agree with a lot of the changes they've been making. It's still better than the alternatives.

MeanJim on Steam

3. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 26, 2016, 22:28 Acleacius

Same here, though I just have mine set to 'Classic Theme Restorer' (Netscape-ish) with addons like 'NoScript' and 'FlashStopper'.  

Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs,
you would not hear of that party again in our political history.....and they are stupid. Dwight D. Eisenhower

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 26, 2016, 20:55 nin

I prefer it as well, but installing it on a new system the other day reminded me how much I end up having to tweak the UI to something I like.

Ad Block Plus, obviously. Then Tab Mix Plus, since I like my tabs at the bottom. Then classic them restorer, since I prefer navigation buttons on the left (backward, forward, new tab, stop and reload buttons).

Also, setting flash (and now that I look, most of the media plug ins) to "always ask", eliminating auto play horseshit on websites.

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 26, 2016, 20:17 xXStellarDadXx

Sad as it is...I still prefer Firefox as my main browser...let thy flame wars begin lolz...

I love Fortnite..keeps thy little kids out of thy good games...

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >