20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Evening Interviews
Jan 26, 2016, 17:22
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 17:22
Jan 26, 2016, 17:22

It's a totally dodgy way to fund anything - selling in game items before the game is even made* - I don't hate on the game or the people trying to make it, I hate on the way they have chosen to fund it which, went form them saying they would be happy/make the game for about $20 million to them just standing there saying anything that would get them more money, working toward a budget as high as they can get without a plan of how they would make the game.

Christ Roberts is selling dreams while he KNOWS he is not going to deleiver on them, yet his grabby hand is always out.

Chris Roberts loved PC gaming so much he left it to make movies in Hollywood, when he failed at that, he returned to PC games, not because it was his true passion, otherwise he would not have left, but because he seen a chance to milk guilably fools with nestailga, for money so he would not have to get a really job.

As for how bad Sandi is, that's another story.

*for hundreds, if not thousands of dollars. - many times the price of a AAA game. (while also making out it's not pay to win!) and claiming its all donations! - SCUMMY SCUMMY LIAR

Jan 26, 2016, 15:08
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 15:08
Jan 26, 2016, 15:08

The fun were the white knights.

I don't really see much entertainment value in 'white knights' believing in a project they backed, of course they do that's how their money got involved in the first place. The white knights are really... not doing anything wrong by defending against what are mostly unsubstantiated claims by the detractors... the dicksmarts posse if you will. The dicksmarts posse seems to be much more lost. They don't know what they actually signed up for or what CIG was legally required to do with their money and it's quite hilarious to watch them squirm.

There are over a million backers now... there are many, many.... many more people patiently waiting for CIG to finish this project than there are complaining about it. The number of 'white knights' are not dwindling, only the number of people willing to even come to Blue's News to speak about the game are dwindling... because this bunch of assholes in this thread has completely run them off the site. How is Blue's a better place for that? Great, we got to keep the trolls! Good job everyone.

Jan 26, 2016, 13:16
El Pit

Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 13:16
Jan 26, 2016, 13:16
 El Pit

descender wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 12:24:
It's funny how unprepared yet willing people were to become an 'investor' in something they have essentially no control over and no patience for. These threads read like a rehab group for junkies.

I give zero sympathetic fucks for anyone who backs any crowdfunded project, but it's fun to watch you guys squirm and whine about "broken promises". There is a reason they don't rely on or believe "promises" in the real world and require everything in writing with deadlines or you lose your funding.

I will keep saying this... CIG should simply refund every kickstarter backer and just keep the other 97% of the money people gave them through their website with no obligations what-so-ever.

Then the impatient whiners can just shut the fuck up already.

The fun were the white knights. Seeing them working as spin doctors for free for CIG was the biggest fun, but it seems that the number and the strong belief of the white knights are both dwindling.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Jan 26, 2016, 12:36
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 12:36
Jan 26, 2016, 12:36

I'm not quite positive, but using some deduction I think that Kosumo and CJ Parker do not actually like Star Citizen or Chris Roberts.

Just reading between the lines.

Jan 26, 2016, 12:24
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 12:24
Jan 26, 2016, 12:24

It's funny how unprepared yet willing people were to become an 'investor' in something they have essentially no control over and no patience for. These threads read like a rehab group for junkies.

I give zero sympathetic fucks for anyone who backs any crowdfunded project, but it's fun to watch you guys squirm and whine about "broken promises". There is a reason they don't rely on or believe "promises" in the real world and require everything in writing with deadlines or you lose your funding.

I will keep saying this... CIG should simply refund every kickstarter backer and just keep the other 97% of the money people gave them through their website with no obligations what-so-ever.

Then the impatient whiners can just shut the fuck up already.

Re: Evening Interviews SC spiral
Jan 26, 2016, 11:35
El Pit

Re: Evening Interviews SC spiral Jan 26, 2016, 11:35
Jan 26, 2016, 11:35
 El Pit

Maniac wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 08:13:
Broken promises. Cool with that.

See? A lot shorter. And it makes you Chris Roberts' favorite supporter.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Jan 26, 2016, 08:13
Re: Evening Interviews SC spiral Jan 26, 2016, 08:13
Jan 26, 2016, 08:13

Didn't most of the locals whiner here protest initally against SM anyway? So now it's "omg it's not released, this is bullshit" time? So you just need a random reason to explode? gotcha :D. I just took a look at the summary on reddit and it said that SM will arrive at one point as a minigame. Cool with that. And that they are adding the features to the PU as the get ready.

For me the FPS has never been important. Though yes I get it that for boarding actions we will need it and it's it's in preliminary form it's working on baby PU. We can walk, EVA, board, shoot each other. Sure I presume there are lot of features still missing from the SM branch, but they will eventally find their way to PU.

Now before you all cry "mismanagement of funds" it's a part of development.I'm sure you all are perfect devs here in your mind, but in reality if you were given similar opportunities, you would probably just fail similarly. It's just part of the process.

For me more important would be easier way to get on server as a group, turret fixes, some dynamic content etc. Persistence.

InBlack wrote on Jan 26, 2016, 02:48:
Where are all the Blues cultists defending their vaporware? Did we luck out and get them all to quit visiting Blues out of resentment and disgust?

Just curious, whats there to defend? I mean the game is a complete fantasy full of JPG ships and people hallucinating that they have had a lot of fun flying around in a alpha gameplay environment. I mean I had this very vivid dream probably that I flew around with my friends and explored this cool dark space station that had no gravity. And I think I was enjoying myself immensly. Damn wish it was true though, because according to you it's a dream. It must have been right?

So when it's all make belief, no need to defend it. I just find myself laughing how badly some people need something to hate. You dont really need a reason. If the news is good from SC you just belittle it or just plain shut up and wait for a news like this to appear so you can have you gloaty 15 seconds. There you had it.
Enjoy.

If the studio should just close shop tomorrow I would be sad probably. All the drama, BN here would totally explode with "I told you so etc", but I would not miss the money invested. Probably because I never invested it in the shiny ships rather than a dream.
I actually dont' really like what Connie has become or how pointless it is to fly the retaliator right now without gunners (and gunnery sucks as well in this iteration)

I'll repost this oldie but a very goodie video. If you understand what's its saying and you still feel the need to find a way to troll people, then it's just your way of venting I presume. I drink after work, you troll BN star citizen threads. I get it. Whatever floats your goat.

Star Citizen - A promise https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRAt8tg-8co

For me the video sums up why I supported the game and still do.

Edit: words.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2016, 08:27.

Jan 26, 2016, 07:37
Bub
Re: Evening Interviews SC spiral Jan 26, 2016, 07:37
Jan 26, 2016, 07:37
Bub

I feel less and less interested in CR and SC's slo-mo death spiral now. Especially now that the long con is drawing to a close and the lies are piled too precariously high.

An object lesson in why you don't buy magic beans.
==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

Jan 26, 2016, 06:08
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 06:08
Jan 26, 2016, 06:08

Where are all the Blues cultists defending their vaporware? Did we luck out and get them all to quit visiting Blues out of resentment and disgust?
Yes, you can be proud of yourself. Good work!

Jan 26, 2016, 05:16
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 05:16
Jan 26, 2016, 05:16

Heres my toss into the ring then to inflate numbers. I'm always up for a good SC roast thread. Brings out the character in the place. Devil

Jan 26, 2016, 02:54
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 02:54
Jan 26, 2016, 02:54

I think they only show up if the thread reaches 20 or more comments?
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Jan 26, 2016, 02:48
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 02:48
Jan 26, 2016, 02:48

I have a nifty blue line!

Jan 26, 2016, 02:28
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 02:28
Jan 26, 2016, 02:28

Although I thought that Star Marine demo was cool last year, it was never the main reason I bought into this game, and I always thought it a bit odd that there was a level-based shooter in the middle of a seamless universe.

I'm just hoping for them to deliver a fun Squadron 42, although that "90210-in-space" feeling of the Cit-Con demo didn't inspire confidence.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Jan 26, 2016, 01:12
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 26, 2016, 01:12
Jan 26, 2016, 01:12

DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART
DEREK SMART

Derek please go put some more heat on Mr Roberts.

Jan 25, 2016, 23:51
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 23:51
Jan 25, 2016, 23:51

It's still early on, we haven't had the "We are changing engines" news yet.

Jan 25, 2016, 23:31
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 23:31
Jan 25, 2016, 23:31

I take it you have seen this article

Also, was Derek right when he said it was canncled?

Jan 25, 2016, 21:34
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 21:34
Jan 25, 2016, 21:34

Yup. Nothing brings out the cultists like when they have a chance to defend Christ Roberts most OBVIOUS lies. Unbelievable. Incredible. And sad...

Edit: This guy here sums it up pretty well, too (nope, that's not me posting under my SC account... I don't know the poster).

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2016, 22:00.

Jan 25, 2016, 21:24
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 21:24
Jan 25, 2016, 21:24

Hey CJ_Parker, just you watch them all jump out and totally agree with him .... CULT.

Jan 25, 2016, 21:21
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 21:21
Jan 25, 2016, 21:21

Hahahahahah so, yeah, about that "weeks not months' about Star Marine.

What a bunch of deceptive liars.

As if their 'mini PU' is anything like what they where saying Star Marine would be like.

Ok, but its ok because Christ Roberts waves his hands around while saying its ok.

He is a scummy liar, his wife is a scummy liar and his fat mate is a scummy liar.

As long as Chris gets to direct movies games with his wife (of which no one was aloud to know she was his wife for about 3 years - deceptive, lying couple) everything is alright for the fools who have handed over money.

106 million dollar joke - glad none of it is my money.

Jan 25, 2016, 21:19
Re: Evening Interviews Jan 25, 2016, 21:19
Jan 25, 2016, 21:19

Wow. Christ Roberts has just hit a new all-time record of bullshitting Star Citizen backers. I'm talking about the bit on Star Marine. Incredible. I could hardly believe my ears when I heard the lies he spouted. And he even whined about people who took him by his earlier word. Un-fucking-believable. What a lying sack of feces.

The quick and dirty rundown is:

- Star Marine official reveal on 11/4/2014 at PAX AU. Announced for "early 2015", later shifted to March/April.
- March/April goes by without a peep. May, too. And also June.
- Ben Lesnick pops up on July 9 saying effectively that everyone who thinks Star Marine is delayed indefinitely is a fucktard and that it is only a matter of "weeks, and not months/years/decades".
- From then on they FINALLY release fairly regular status updates like this one here.
- To this very day the Star Marine module (the level demoed at PAX) has still not been released.
- Christ Roberts says in today's 10ftC that everyone who expected the module to be released is a retard because it has always been the plan to just implement the FPS gameplay gradually into the Star Citizen persistent universe.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older