Far Cry Primal Trailer

There's a new trailer for Far Cry Primal on UbiBlog with a look a Turok, we mean Takkar, the protagonist in the upcoming game of primitive survival. Here's word:
Up until this point, we’ve revealed glimpses of what Far Cry Primal’s narrative is about: a hunter named Takkar survives the massacre of his clan, and rebuilds the Wenja tribe by befriending dangerous animals and battling rival factions. In the latest trailer, however, we get a better look at the people and events surrounding Takkar, with a special focus on a scarred man who calls himself Ull and doesn’t seem especially friendly.

The world that Takkar and Ull inhabit is filled with peril, and the trailer also offers a better look at brutal enemy warriors, hungry predators and one of Takkar’s more unique allies, a giant owl who spies on his enemies from above. Expect to see more in the weeks ahead, as we near Far Cry Primal’s February 23 launch date on PS4 and Xbox One, and March 1 on PC.
View : : :
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer
Jan 21, 2016, 18:45
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 18:45
Jan 21, 2016, 18:45

I managed to skip FC4 and only played 3 for a bit so I'm not as burned out as most of you are. Blood Dragon, while interesting for the cutscenes and dialog, felt waaay too generic/pointless and the art made my eyes hurt. Since Far Cry has basically become an animal hunting game anyway, I think this stone age setting is going to fit very well and is more interesting than fighting generic jungle commandos in their randomly scattered bases. I realize it's the same formula but the setting seems to fit that formula better.

Jan 21, 2016, 17:06
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 17:06
Jan 21, 2016, 17:06

Yeah, i get the impression it was rushed out there just to get a little more mooonah. I mean, they couldn't even be bothered to continue their half assed co-op from the last one.

Seems they are going backwards.

Jan 21, 2016, 16:21
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 16:21
Jan 21, 2016, 16:21

FC is one of the few (if not only) 'more of the same' style series i actually enjoy... BF is pretty close behind.. AC is much farther down on my tolerance scale.. CoD - fuck that shit

Jan 21, 2016, 15:25
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 15:25
Jan 21, 2016, 15:25

Yea thanks for links. Scanned through them. Not overly impressed, I think I might be burned out on FC atm. Just trying to finish FC4 and a couple other clones.

Jan 21, 2016, 11:13
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 11:13
Jan 21, 2016, 11:13

Let's milk that cow! Milk it! MILLLLK ITTTTT MILK IT MILK IT WITH THAT SAME FUCKING GAME-KIT!
"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

Jan 21, 2016, 10:40
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 10:40
Jan 21, 2016, 10:40

Sepharo wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:55:

They had like a 2 hour gameplay video last time this was on Blues.

edit: CJ beat me to it as I was getting screwed by the weird URL stuff here.

Missed those. Thanks Seph and CJ!

Jan 21, 2016, 09:05
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 09:05
Jan 21, 2016, 09:05

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 08:52:
harlock wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 07:52:
CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:53:
There was this dev walkthrough (over an hour long) last week with tons of gameplay. It looks surprisingly decent but on the other hand it becomes clear quickly that this is just yet another AC/GTA-style open world clone where you simply head from one mini map icon to the next and that's it.

you mean its just like another Far Cry game? wow, how long did it take you to figure that one out, genius?

Pretty long. I believe I first sat down to evaluate some early samples six years ago. It's really been an uphill battle well into the fourth year when finally we had that sensational breakthrough and from then on it's been smooth sailing to this most epic conclusion. A few minor bumps in the road but nothing me and my awesome team of scientists and analysts could not handle.

Thanks for asking though. Keep an eye out for our master thesis on the whole subject. It's going to be in the 3000+ pages area so lots of material to delve into.

Oh. What's that? You're an illiterate dope monkey? Ooops. Too bad. But we were thinking about making an easy to digest video documentary for Sesame Street kiddies so I'm sure you'll enjoy that one. Watch this space for upcoming news!

awww dont cry

Jan 21, 2016, 08:52
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 08:52
Jan 21, 2016, 08:52

harlock wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 07:52:
There was this dev walkthrough (over an hour long) last week with tons of gameplay. It looks surprisingly decent but on the other hand it becomes clear quickly that this is just yet another AC/GTA-style open world clone where you simply head from one mini map icon to the next and that's it.

you mean its just like another Far Cry game? wow, how long did it take you to figure that one out, genius?

Pretty long. I believe I first sat down to evaluate some early samples six years ago. It's really been an uphill battle well into the fourth year when finally we had that sensational breakthrough and from then on it's been smooth sailing to this most epic conclusion. A few minor bumps in the road but nothing me and my awesome team of scientists and analysts could not handle.

Thanks for asking though. Keep an eye out for our master thesis on the whole subject. It's going to be in the 3000+ pages area so lots of material to delve into.

Oh. What's that? You're an illiterate dope monkey? Ooops. Too bad. But we were thinking about making an easy to digest video documentary for Sesame Street kiddies so I'm sure you'll enjoy that one. Watch this space for upcoming news!

Jan 21, 2016, 07:52
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 07:52
Jan 21, 2016, 07:52

Jan 21, 2016, 06:34
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 06:34
Jan 21, 2016, 06:34

Yeah, AKA boring. I quit Shadows of Mordor after a few hours because of exactly what you mentioned, even though I am a huge LotR fan. These open world games all look like they are made with the same exact "game-kit" where you just have to add your theme. Fallout 4 also felt like Skyrim with a mod.
They are just overdoing it.
About to give up on waiting for BIS to come back to their senses and do a real ArmA 2 successor.

Jan 21, 2016, 02:27
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 02:27
Jan 21, 2016, 02:27

Bring on Far Cry Blood Dragon 2. Maybe with some multiplayer thrown in for good measure this time too.
I have a nifty blue line!

Jan 20, 2016, 22:53
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 20, 2016, 22:53
Jan 20, 2016, 22:53

Creston wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:07:
Very pretty, though holy shit do they go overboard on the freaking bloom.

I applaud Ubisoft for being willing to take a chance with the IP, rather than just doing Yet Another Far Cry, but I do wish they'd start showing off some actual gameplay, rather than just snippets of what are essentially cutscenes (or background animations.)

For example, one of the big questions I have is how is the melee going to work? Just the same as in the other Far Cry games, ie, hit a button for melee, or will there actually be a proper melee system?

There's been plenty of gameplay footage, as others have mentioned. From what I've seen, the melee combat looks the same as in the other FC games. Primal as a whole looks an expansion for FC4. Sticks to the same formula and does very little new.

Jan 20, 2016, 22:31
Cutter

Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 20, 2016, 22:31
Jan 20, 2016, 22:31
 Cutter

I applaud Ubisoft for being willing to take a chance with the IP, rather than just doing Yet Another Far Cry, but I do wish they'd start showing off some actual gameplay, rather than just snippets of what are essentially cutscenes (or background animations.)

For example, one of the big questions I have is how is the melee going to work? Just the same as in the other Far Cry games, ie, hit a button for melee, or will there actually be a proper melee system?

How is this different from any other FC except for where and when it takes place. All Ubisoft games are essentially the same game reskinned and set in a dfifferent environment. The only FC I've been I've genuinely enjoyed was Blood Dragon because it was so over the top. Damn, actually I need to replay that soon.

Dr. Elizabeth Darling: Rex, I saw what you did in my scope. That was incredible!

Sgt. Rex 'Power' Colt: No doc. Paintings of crying clowns and dogs playing poker... those are incredible. What I did? That's just the job.
"Well, he’s not a villain Summer, but he shouldn’t be your hero. He’s more like a demon, or a super fucked up god." - Morty Smith

Jan 20, 2016, 21:55
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 20, 2016, 21:55
Jan 20, 2016, 21:55

They had like a 2 hour gameplay video last time this was on Blues.

edit: CJ beat me to it as I was getting screwed by the weird URL stuff here.

Jan 20, 2016, 21:53
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 20, 2016, 21:53
Jan 20, 2016, 21:53

Jan 20, 2016, 21:07
Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 20, 2016, 21:07
Jan 20, 2016, 21:07

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older