Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month

Paradox Interactive announces a February 16th release date for Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2, the conclusion of the first expansion for Obsidian Entertainment's RPG. They offer a new story teaser trailer celebrating the news along with some further details:
Obsidian Entertainment and Paradox Interactive announced today that The White March Part 2, the second expansion to Pillars of Eternity, will release on February 16, 2016. The White March Part 2 not only adds new content to the Pillars of Eternity universe, but also allows players to experience the conclusion of the stories told in The White March Part 1, bringing the first epic chapter of Pillars of Eternity to a close. Players will find a variety of new challenges waiting for them in the snowy borderlands of the Eastern Reach, along with new quests, new abilities and a raised level cap, and a new companion: Meneha, the Barbarian.

For a first glimpse at The White March Part 2, Obsidian and Paradox have released a new game trailer, available here:

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 22:25 Megalodon

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 15:53:
So is the DLC that makes it good? Given how bad the original game is they should be giving these things away.

The game is fine, you're just super bad at it. I recall you whining about how hard it was and how you couldn't pause because reading the options for 10 seconds and seeing the 5+ different ways to pause is too difficult. So stop sucking at the fucking game then coming here to whine about it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 22:11 HorrorScope

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 20:56:
Nucas wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 17:25:
it just feels unfocused and meandering. the writing is just too much self-important fantastic metaphysical bullshit.

Never played PS:Torment huh?

There will never be a one solution that makes everyone happy here, lol just coming from a post I mention the VR googles will fit most. Personally I like Voice Acting. However if you are going the read the dialog route, I like it short and quick, the better cool story you can tell that way, even better. I really love the Shadowrun dialog, it doesn't get all bogged down in paragraphs, but it is still a story you care about and get just enough characters, my mind can take care of the rest. But man that is to point and flows.

PoEt gets a bit bogged down for me, I assume we aren't talking the Backers Characters Dialog, just the main game. But it didn't go too far for me. Some games can, but then again, some love the really long stuff.

AAA Games make it so you get the main story VA'd and then a couple novels worth of Codex's and such to get the broader worlds makeup. Perhaps that is the win for everyone, take what you want out of it.

10. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 21:26 nin

Don't be a cutter!

9. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 21:09 MoreLuckThanSkill

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 15:53:
So is the DLC that makes it good? Given how bad the original game is they should be giving these things away.

Sheesh, we get it, you aren't a fan of Pillars of Eternity. Do the haters need to come out for this every PoEt thread?

Besides, based on past game experience, PoEt 2 will be one of the greatest RPGs of all time. (BG1 vs BG2)

8. No subject Jan 5, 2016, 20:56 Mashiki Amiketo

Nucas wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 17:25:
it just feels unfocused and meandering. the writing is just too much self-important fantastic metaphysical bullshit.

Never played PS:Torment huh?

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 19:39 Pineapple Ferguson

I'm looking forward to finally giving it a complete play-through. There's plenty of things I like about the game, but lots of little things that I don't.

Still, I hope they learned a lot of positive lessons that will be applied to the sequel.

6. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 17:25 Nucas

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 15:32:
I never finished it, found about 40 hours in that I really wasn't enjoying the story because it was still a big mystery. I liked the idea of souls being recycled and stored and split personalities being two souls trapped into a body but other than that.. no explanation why you SHOULD care that you're a "watcher" and why you should go after that guy at the device.

that was the biggest problem. the game's writing is so overwrought, so dense. i had the same problem, i literally had to go read somewhere about why i was doing anything online at one point during the game because i forgot.

5. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 15:53 Cutter

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

4. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 15:32 Tipsy McStagger

I never finished it, found about 40 hours in that I really wasn't enjoying the story because it was still a big mystery. I liked the idea of souls being recycled and stored and split personalities being two souls trapped into a body but other than that.. no explanation why you SHOULD care that you're a "watcher" and why you should go after that guy at the device.  

3. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 12:14 MoreLuckThanSkill

When all you have is a hammer...

Looking forward to this though, PoEt is arguably the best of the current crop of new squad based RPGs. Only issue I have with Pillars at this point is the developers seem a little too easily swayed by the vocal minority on their forums, some of the 'balance' changes are drastically changing the gameplay, and not for the better in my opinion. But, when this is finally out and patched, then the balance mods can get finished up and PoEt can be a truly great game.

I've been finishing up some AAA games recently, such as Shadow of Mordor, waiting for this second part of the expansion to come out. Many thousands of Orcs have been murdered to control my boredom.

2. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 11:16 NetHead

I started playing the game a while back, but due to it still having bugs and the release of this on the horizon figured it's probably better to wait. What I did see though I liked and seemed well designed though I hadn't gotten very far.

So I started playing Divinity Original Sin EE and can barely bring myself to finish it, it's brimming with potential but so disappointing, frustrating and broken. Had some fun with it but have to fire it up again sometime to finish it and get it over with.

1. Re: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2 Next Month Jan 5, 2016, 10:17 nin

It's the attack of the Anvil people!

(But I'm looking forward to it!)

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >