Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28

Following news that the PC edition of Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming this month, Square Enix announces January 28th is the official release date for the Windows version of Lara Croft's latest adventure. They also unveil details on the dustcatchers in a collector's edition that will set you back $149.99. Here's more on the plan:
Following Rise of the Tomb Raider’s highly successful release exclusively for Xbox One and Xbox 360, Square Enix® today announced that the game will be available for Windows 10 and Steam on January 28, 2016.

Bringing the game’s thrilling narrative and perilous environments to PC in stunning new detail, developers Crystal Dynamics® and Nixxes Software added numerous features, including Windows 10 support and 4K resolution. Rise of the Tomb Raider® was nominated for Best Action/Adventure for The Game Awards and follows the critically acclaimed, award-winning Tomb Raider®.

“The PC release of Rise of the Tomb Raider continues the positive momentum from our highly successful partnership and collaboration with Microsoft for the launch on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” said Scot Amos co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.

“PC players are a passionate, devoted audience and we know they’ll embrace the version created for their systems,” said Ron Rosenberg, co-Head of Studio at Crystal Dynamics.

After uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider. Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In “Rise of the Tomb Raider,” Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.

The PC version of Rise of the Tomb Raider will be available as a digital download via Steam®, the Windows Store, Amazon™, the Square Enix e-store and other major retailers – both in-store and online. Standard edition pricing is $59.99. The Digital Deluxe edition is $89.99 and includes a Season Pass to nearly all current and future DLC.

A Collector’s Edition, which includes the Digital Deluxe version of the game, a 12-inch Lara Croft® statue, replicas of Lara’s journal and jade necklace, and a steel case, will also be available from the Square Enix e-store for $149.99.

To learn more about Rise of the Tomb Raider, please visit the official website and follow the game on Facebook and Twitter.

Related Links
Official Homepage: www.TOMBRAIDER.com
Official Twitter: @TOMBRAIDER
Official Facebook page: http://facebook.com/TOMBRAIDER
Official Tumblr: http://officialTOMBRAIDERblog.tumblr.com/
Official YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/TOMBRAIDER
View
40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

40. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 6, 2016, 14:01 Agent.X7

Bundy wrote on Jan 6, 2016, 00:00:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 23:22:
Sempai wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 22:11:
Bundy wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 19:20:
Agent.X7 wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 19:18:
It's a great game, but the XBone was NOT the console to make it exclusive to. The frame rates, the agony! At least the PS4 would have had smoother cut scenes and heavy action scenes.

It's been running pretty good for me, haven't had any frame rate issues whatsoever.

Are you fucking kidding?.. Oh, you must have that new Elite X1 with the new ssd hybrid drive that makes everything 30% faster! My bad.. Confused Beatnik

The jokes on him, because I had actually cloned my Bone drive onto a hybrid drive and STILL had fps drops. Some people maybe don't notice it, but it's definitely there.

Yeah I don't notice it, or its small enough that I don't care. Jokes definitely on me, happily gaming over here. But sorry, forgot that here at blues everything sucks and everything stupid, especially if Microsoft is involved.

Try not to make blanket statements. I actually run WIndows 10 and I don't have any built in greviance with MS. That said, their last 2 X Boxes have been underpowered compared to the competition, so yeah, I will call them out on that. It's not like it's undocumented or anything. There's a reason games run at higher resolutions on the PS4 vs the XBone.

Also, I don't know what that other guy was on about, but she does not have short hair in this game.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

39. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 6, 2016, 12:24 Jerykk

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 16:32:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 15:55:
Sigh.

1) This is not a Windows 10 exclusive.
2) MS has nothing to do with the PC version. It is being published by Square.

Research. It is a good thing to do.

ad 1) I did not say it's a Win 10 exclusive. It is obviously a (timed) Shitbox exclusive, however.

ad 2) MS has nothing to do with the PC version? Right. Except for paying off Squeenix to keep it Shitbox exclusive for a couple months. Also, MS always has something to do with every single Windows-PC release by default since they are the platform holder so unless a game is a Mac or Linux exclusive then MS is always involved in every PC release.

So you might want to take your own advice re the whole research stuff...

You said people should essentially boycott the PC version so that MS doesn't get any money from it. MS is already not getting any money from it. Unlike console games, MS gets no royalties from PC games unless they publish them directly.

38. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 6, 2016, 09:12 Verno

Yeah I don't notice it, or its small enough that I don't care. Jokes definitely on me, happily gaming over here. But sorry, forgot that here at blues everything sucks and everything stupid, especially if Microsoft is involved.

No need to be so defensive. People are just saying the game has noticeable FPS drops which it does. It doesn't make it a bad game, people are just lamenting their experience with it being on the slightly under powered platform.

Microsoft has made a lot of smart moves since Spencer took over the gaming division but with the hardware he has to play with the hand he was dealt. Rise is still an awesome game and looks pretty great even with FPS drops.

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

37. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 6, 2016, 04:43 Grumpy Sod

Quboid wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 16:48:
Do you think not buying it will encourage them to focus more on the PC? Or is this like GTA5 where you said people should buy the console version to tell Rockstar that they should put more emphasis on the PC market, very much an outside-the-box suggestion.

This. If Squeenix see that it tanked on the XBOne but does fine on the PC then that's a great message we can send. Ie. "You made a good game but XBOne killed your sales". It's not like they'll get little notes every time someone doesn't buy it on PC saying 'Oops, lost another due to that exclusivity thing'.

36. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 6, 2016, 04:20 Tyrric

It's a great game, but the XBone was NOT the console to make it exclusive to. The frame rates, the agony! At least the PS4 would have had smoother cut scenes and heavy action scenes.

It's been running pretty good for me, haven't had any frame rate issues whatsoever.

Are you fucking kidding?.. Oh, you must have that new Elite X1 with the new ssd hybrid drive that makes everything 30% faster! My bad.. Confused Beatnik

The jokes on him, because I had actually cloned my Bone drive onto a hybrid drive and STILL had fps drops. Some people maybe don't notice it, but it's definitely there.

I didn't notice any either. Of course, it may be because I've accepted that you'll see something like that on consoles, so I'm less particular about it.

35. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 6, 2016, 01:38 Sempai

Let's be honest, MS has made their own bed many, many times.
And i really can't be bothered with fanboyism. I'm the guy who blew $400 on a PS4 day one, along with $500 on the Xbox because i love gaming, to the point of being an idiot.

I don't know if you remember the first reboot Tomb Raider ran mostly at 60fps@1080p on PS4, and ran 30fps@900p on X1.

I had hopes for this new one, being exclusive and all, it would give me an excuse to dust off the damned thing and use it. But It's not only rough, the controller latency in this one is just fucking bad, so bad it makes it hard to aim your bow/gun and shoot a damned thing..

But hey, whatever. Hopefully the PC port won't be a shit show.

Here's DF once again showing us the facts, good and bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlUxKO5zYOA

34. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 6, 2016, 00:00 Bundy

33. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 23:22 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

32. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 22:34 Megalodon

There are several areas of Rise of the Tomb Raider with framerate drops, particularly anything with snow deformation. It affects all Xbox One consoles, no one got a magical one that lacks the issue. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Putting it on the PS4 might not have made any difference though, Crystal Dynamic were targeting high "cost" features like SSAO and AF. The PS4 is more powerful than an Xbox One but it probably would've hit similar issues.

31. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 22:13 Bundy

Nope, I use an external drive but nothing special. No performance issues with the game. Sorry that u have them. But I don't.

30. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 22:11 Sempai

29. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 20:46 harlock

i heard this was good and that it goes back to the 3d puzzle-platforming from the original games

probly check it out but yeh fuck that quicktime shit.. i never want to play that again

didnt like dragons lair why would i want that shit in every fucking game ever

ok the god of war sex quicktime was wacky but thats about it

28. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 20:43 Sho

Creston wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 19:56:
Sho wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 14:02:
Bah, I'm sad! I'm a big fan of the series (even through the hard times) and this will be the first TR I won't play shortly after release. I'm moving to Korea Feb 1st and it'll be at least a year of playing laptop nomad ...

But also like 7 trillion Gbps internet speeds!!

Gigabit up/down at home! But the international peering is crap, so that speed doesn't hold up past the country borders ...

27. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 19:56 Creston

Sho wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 14:02:
Bah, I'm sad! I'm a big fan of the series (even through the hard times) and this will be the first TR I won't play shortly after release. I'm moving to Korea Feb 1st and it'll be at least a year of playing laptop nomad ...

But also like 7 trillion Gbps internet speeds!!

26. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 19:54 Creston

Nixxes does solid PC ports, so that's a positive sign. I wonder what "windows 10 support" actually means, though, seeing as how most (almost all?) games run on Windows 10.

Do they mean DX12 support?

25. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 19:30 mlw

Still loaded with Quicktime events? If so, I'll pass. These turn a game into an interactive movie which I would rather just watch on Youtube.  

24. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 19:20 Bundy

23. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 19:18 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

22. Re: PC Rise of the Tomb Raider on January 28 Jan 5, 2016, 18:44 Bundy

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jan 5, 2016, 18:19:
What kind of BULLshit is this???? Not a tit shot in the entire video and image library for this game??? Where are the DDs? WHAT HAVE THEY DONE????????????. Short hair? She looks like a dyke. THUMBS DOWN. THIS GAME SUCKS!!!!

True but she's the hot (correct) kind of lesbian. So its all good.

21. removed Jan 5, 2016, 18:19 [VG]Reagle

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Jan 6, 2016, 07:51.

DON'T LIKE MY COMMENTS?!? THEN STOP RELEASING GARBAGE.

40 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >