Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 18:45 harlock

i watch shit because its enjoyable.. if its not enjoyable, then i dont watch

it doesnt matter what the show is about, how you personally interpret that it should go, how you would write the plot, how you would produce it, etc...

thats why i hardly watch GoT anymore, or with very little interest... because its fucking boring now

btw - did you know zombies arent real? see, theres this thing called "fiction", also, theres stuff called "popular entertainment".. shits crazy dude

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 10:47 PHJF

So you're saying a show about living in a zombie and cannibal bandit-laden post apocalypse shouldn't have character deaths? Because you "invested energy" into the characters?

This is why most TV is unwatchable.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 10:28 Eirikrautha

harlock wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 08:31:
the show is disappointing in how inconsistent it is in the quality of the writing and so forth

also the plot device where you build up a character and follow them around and generate lots of interest, then kill them dead forever - that may be cool once or twice, maybe three times - but when it becomes the standard mechanic of your show, its fucking horrible... because then nobody will give a shit about anything since its so disposable
Note that even The Walking Dead has figured that out. Since Beth, none of the major characters has died (not counting the Glen tease... which everyone knew wasn't true). Imagine how many people would be turned off if Carol or Daryl or Michonne were to be killed off? Once people invest energy in getting to know the characters, they don't want to invest more without a substantial payoff... which neither show has managed to make worth the cost of a main character so far.

8. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 10:27 Pigeon

I picked up HBO Now a few weeks ago to watch the show. Currently on a free trial, not sure if I'll continue subscribing after the trial or not. While there are lots of good show and some decent movies on it at $15 a month its not quite the deal Netflix is. For some odd reason you have to subscribe to HBO Now through your phone or some other supported streaming device like a Roku. Once you've done that you can watch shows and movies on your computer. Maybe there are some kind of contractual agreements that prevent them from not using a third party; at any rate it's another barrier to people watching the shows legally.  

7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 08:31 harlock

the show is disappointing in how inconsistent it is in the quality of the writing and so forth

also the plot device where you build up a character and follow them around and generate lots of interest, then kill them dead forever - that may be cool once or twice, maybe three times - but when it becomes the standard mechanic of your show, its fucking horrible... because then nobody will give a shit about anything since its so disposable

6. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 08:19 LiTh

bigspender wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 04:53:
well some places don't even air the show from what I've heard, and those places have many downloads.

Seems to me if they made it $1 per episode and accessible they would be $14.4 million richer.....

Cant you do just that from Apple itunes? Looks like a few bucks per episode..

5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 08:14 Megalodon

Simon Says wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 00:14:
Total losses: a big ZERO.

Your post: total bullshit. If you think 14.4M doesn't represent any sort of revenue whatsoever then its a good thing the most business experience you'll ever have is reading this topic.

4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 06:00 CJ_Parker

You'd have to pay me to watch that garbage.  

3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 04:53 bigspender

well some places don't even air the show from what I've heard, and those places have many downloads.

Seems to me if they made it $1 per episode and accessible they would be $14.4 million richer.....

2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 02:26 InBlack

Simon Says wrote on Dec 29, 2015, 00:14:

Not sure about that, but their net gains from the increased exposure and word of mouth were probably positive...

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 29, 2015, 00:14 Simon Says

11 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >