Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X

Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition on Steam has been further enhanced, as the OS X and SteamOS editions of Larian's RPG remake are now available. These are free to those who already own the game, and for those who don't, it's currently on sale for 33% off as an enticement. This post has all the details:
Have you been waiting, controller in hand, to dive into Rivellon on your Steam Box? Well now you can! As of today, Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition is available for Mac, Linux, and SteamOS, opening up the world of Rivellon to a new wave of Source Hunters.

We took the opportunity to update the PC version so that it’s in synch with the Mac & Linux version and we also fixed a number of stability issues reported by players.

Let us know what you think on Twitter at @LarianStudios, and follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/larianstudios for all the latest news on the Enhanced Edition and Divinity: Original Sin 2!

And happy holidays!
View : : :

Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
Dec 25, 2015, 20:14
Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X Dec 25, 2015, 20:14
Dec 25, 2015, 20:14

Santa Claus wrote on Dec 25, 2015, 14:17:
Many people don't buy traditional PCs at all anymore. My new girlfriend has a Macbook Pro and shes never going back to a desktop. That's a bunch of market share they can't chase unless they get into OSX and Linux ports.

This is basically where I'm at at this point. I got issued a MacBook Pro for my last job, and ended up really liking it, so when my personal laptop, a Lenovo ThinkPad, had reached the end of its useful life, I bought a 15" MBP of my own earlier this year. As life, career, and my computing needs have evolved, that MBP gets the overwhelming majority of my usage time, while the custom gaming desktop mostly just gathers dust. I still fire up the desktop from time to time, but that gets less frequent simply as a function of their being different demands, with different priority, on my time than when I was a high school or college student and thought of myself as a hardcore gamer and absolutely had to play every major new release. As a result of its infrequent use, I keep going back and forth on whether or not to just get rid of the desktop, particularly given the hassle of moving the thing when I change apartments and the associated desk, peripherals, and miscellaneous crap (all of which take up space and impose fixed requirements on how I choose to furnish at least one room of my home). I'd still like the option to play a game, but the days when I needed to play every major release and I needed to do so with bleeding edge hardware are long over and will never be coming back. With that in mind, I'm very happy to see that more and more developers release on OS X and Linux, and not just Windows.
Date
Subject
Author
Dec 25, 2015Dec 25 2015
 Re: Divinity: Original Sin - Enhanced Edition for Linux & OS X
Dec 27, 2015Dec 27 2015
   Kali