Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Winter Sale

The Winter Sale is now underway on Steam, offering discounts on thousands of games between now and January 4th. This news post lists first day specials and announces the debut of a new daily serialized comic: "The Steam Winter Sale starts today! For the next two weeks*, take advantage of great discounts on thousands of games and software, and exclusive Winter Sale trading cards. The event also includes the first-ever Steam Sale comic, “Gingerbread Jake In: North Pole Noir,” with a new page of the comic revealed every day." Here are today's highlighted deals:

View
56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

56. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 20:11 Acleacius

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 13:48:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 02:47:
Some other strange things I noticed besides Dungeon Lords. Mafia 2 is still down for the count and while UBI has almost all of their games on sale Stick of Truth isn't.

Stick of Truth is now on sale on Steam for $7.49 (75% off).
Just noticed it, thanks.

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

55. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 16:55 Wowbagger_TIP

Saboth wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 16:32:
So is it just me, or is this sale like the Fall sale, where everything is a set discount and there are no flash or daily sales? In the past, the "regular" sales were ho-hum (as are most of the deals on this sale), but you really waited for the daily or flash deals because that's where the real deal was.

They don't do that anymore because people were complaining and returning things. Now it's one price for the duration of the sale.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

54. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 16:32 Saboth

So is it just me, or is this sale like the Fall sale, where everything is a set discount and there are no flash or daily sales? In the past, the "regular" sales were ho-hum (as are most of the deals on this sale), but you really waited for the daily or flash deals because that's where the real deal was.  

53. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 13:48 Wowbagger_TIP

Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 02:47:
Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 01:37:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 22:05:
Just bought a game from GOG. Then tried buy 2 games from G2A, for the fist time. Got a message saying the credit card failed, 4 times and no luck. I called the cc company, they said no problems and they are not denying it. 20 minutes on Live Chat with G2A support, they told me to call the cc company. Middlefinger . Guess I'll try Kinguin.

Are you doing it through Paypal? Might want to double check with your CC provider's security because the same shit happened to me at first. Turns out G2A is flagged in their database so there was, in fact, some sort of block. They removed it and it's worked fine since.
Thanks for the tip, actually I did finally get Venetica and Frayed Knights from G2A, at 50% off Steams current sale prices. It turns out it was a cross site check being done via script at the last second for the visa approval. NoScript blocks cross site transfers by default, so I temporarily disabled the function and went through. Both keys worked, well at least I haven't been kicked off Steam yet ! Party2

Some other strange things I noticed besides Dungeon Lords. Mafia 2 is still down for the count and while UBI has almost all of their games on sale Stick of Truth isn't.

Stick of Truth is now on sale on Steam for $7.49 (75% off).

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

52. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 13:36 HorrorScope

harlock wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 08:16:
HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 01:49:
Acleacius wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 00:09:
Lmao, did you guys see Dungeon Lords reared it's ugly head again and it's now a fuukin Steam game! Lol_dies

Yeah that's a true lol. Fucking crap ass game won't die, it should have never lived.

i did see the ol' DUNG LORDS make an appearance

apparently its "awesome" now...

This will be like it's 30th awesome release and then zero support on the bugs it has and it will have them and then the promises and then silence until the next big release of the same turd. This game could be fun, now in a very old school way, but whoever now owns rights to the game... it is cursed and deserves no love, just death, death by fire.

This comment was edited on Dec 23, 2015, 14:38.

51. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 08:16 harlock

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 01:49:
Lmao, did you guys see Dungeon Lords reared it's ugly head again and it's now a fuukin Steam game! Lol_dies

Yeah that's a true lol. Fucking crap ass game won't die, it should have never lived.

i did see the ol' DUNG LORDS make an appearance

apparently its "awesome" now...

50. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 07:27 Saboth

Heltorne wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 00:21:
Oddly enough, I thank you for telling me this! Even with it's reputation Dungeon Lords is a blast in some form or another. Glad it's on steam finally, going to buy it right now.

It looks pretty cool, but 50% of the reviews and comments say it is trash, and 50% say it's the best game they've ever played. If it's actually good, how is the single player? I see it's touted as a multiplayer game, but I have no interest in that.

49. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 02:47 Acleacius

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 01:37:
Just bought a game from GOG. Then tried buy 2 games from G2A, for the fist time. Got a message saying the credit card failed, 4 times and no luck. I called the cc company, they said no problems and they are not denying it. 20 minutes on Live Chat with G2A support, they told me to call the cc company. Middlefinger . Guess I'll try Kinguin.

Are you doing it through Paypal? Might want to double check with your CC provider's security because the same shit happened to me at first. Turns out G2A is flagged in their database so there was, in fact, some sort of block. They removed it and it's worked fine since.
Thanks for the tip, actually I did finally get Venetica and Frayed Knights from G2A, at 50% off Steams current sale prices. It turns out it was a cross site check being done via script at the last second for the visa approval. NoScript blocks cross site transfers by default, so I temporarily disabled the function and went through. Both keys worked, well at least I haven't been kicked off Steam yet ! Party2

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

48. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 01:49 HorrorScope

47. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 01:37 Cutter

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

46. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 01:22 Acleacius

Heltorne wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 00:21:
Oddly enough, I thank you for telling me this! Even with it's reputation Dungeon Lords is a blast in some form or another. Glad it's on steam finally, going to buy it right now.
Oh I've been interested in the past at least. I'm just laughing through the pain ! Zombie

This is actually the 4th release and they still haven't even come close to a stable multiplayer. In their defense, Nordic has patched it extensively and has a developer in forums talking about future updates.

45. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 00:21 Heltorne

44. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 23, 2015, 00:09 Acleacius

According to the forums the Coop is pretty much DOA still but single player is possible. Of course it's being sold as Coop, too! Backstab

43. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 22:37 HorrorScope

Cutter wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 21:11:
Most games you're barely getting started by the 2 hour mark. There's no way to know if it's going to be a fair assessment in so short a time.

Oh well, work fast. Beats no refund. It's more a "does my shitty pc that I don't know how to really work, play this game?" test.

42. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 22:05 Acleacius

41. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 21:39 RedEye9

Something about buyer beware yada yada.
If there is a game I want I am going to research it in the forums and at various review sites.
After doing that I have enough info to understand most problems I might run into should they pop up.
If it ain't working in 2 hours of game time, and I don't see light at the end of the tunnel, No Skin off my knuckles to get a refund. I have more games in my inventory than I will ever have time to play.

Some here complain like a bunch of old ladies. The sales are not cheap enough, the new return policy is not good enough. Other places have better prices.
Boo Hoo and your First World Problems. /end rant

Vaccines Cause Immunity
“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

40. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 21:38 Dacron

Bought Wolfenstein, New World Order... was not expecting a shorter SP game to be near 50gb.  

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

39. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 21:34 Dacron

Santa Claus wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 21:27:
2 hours is fine as people have already demonstrated, stop whining and go buy your stolen credit card purchased games from Engrish sites or whatever. People like you whined incessantly about no return policy, you get one then keep crying more. oooga bo, me want free games im entitled ooooga!

You get a lump of fuckin coal this year.

As well EA games are sold with a disclaimer about changes, progress, and abandonment.

Non running, glitched out, driver issues, after an hour if gameplay you realize it sucks (that's a poor one, but one that works on Steam if your account doesn't abuse it) etc... Not because after 4 hours it doesn't compel you anymore, or because you don't like the direction an EA game went mid way through development.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

38. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 21:27 Megalodon

2 hours is fine as people have already demonstrated, stop whining and go buy your stolen credit card purchased games from Engrish sites or whatever. People like you whined incessantly about no return policy, you get one then keep crying more. oooga bo, me want free games im entitled ooooga!

You get a lump of fuckin coal this year.

37. Re: Steam Winter Sale Dec 22, 2015, 21:11 Cutter

Most games you're barely getting started by the 2 hour mark. There's no way to know if it's going to be a fair assessment in so short a time. And not to mention EA games where the devs may suddenly change or abandon the game completely. Christ, it's easier to take stuff back to Walmart after you've already used it for a few weeks. And it's not like anything is used up, it's just a sale that a dev didn't deserve - in the opinion of said consumer.

It would be different if we could resell our games - and that's something else that needs to change. Yet, we can't so I'd say that the laws need to favour consumers considerably more - as they do in a lot of other places on the planet.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

56 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >