Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Microsoft fails Windows Phone fans Dec 23, 2015, 05:34 Megalodon

InBlack wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 03:09:
Android sucks unless you are willing to put in the effort of jailbreaking or rooting your phone)

This is completely incorrect, Android is fine and arguably the most advanced smartphone OS right out of the box. Rooting is a thing of the past, you don't really need it do much anymore beyond whole device backups and farting around with pirated apps. The problem with Android is that its left up to OEMs so the user experience depends on the implementation and the device.

Windows Phone isn't popular because people got sick of being burned by Microsoft, both OEMs and customers. Comparing a current WP phone with 3 generation old iPhones and Android phones is a common thing I see on messageboards, only way they make parity. There is no going back for Windows phone, its done like dinner. Enjoy your Nokia while it lasts, speaking of done like dinner..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 23, 2015, 05:13 LiTh

I get the MS hate, probably the least popular company on Blues. For me however i prefer wp's calendar/office/email apps. The camera's are top of the line (atleast the high end nokia lumia's, carl zeis optics, good low light pictures etc). I mean the 1020's camera which is two years old still blows away any other camera phone on the market from apple or samsung etc. It also doesnt drive you insane with music like itunes/apple does as its similar to android in that respect. I dont really use it for anything else than those functions as i detest playing games on anything but my pc. Its also nice that it feels smooth navigating even all the way down to a crappy 520 with minicule specs. As opposed to a slightly aged iphone or android which gets more sluggish feeling with each new update. Continuum also has me excited, i appreciate the integration and direction.

I have a 1020 (waiting on the 1020 successor), my best friend has a 950xl and my wife has a 520 (she just will not let me upgrade her cause she likes it... pff... women ). All my other friends are split 50/50 between iphones and samsungs. I've had a samsung galaxy s3 and a few motorola droid's before that and one iphone 3gS before. I guess you could just say i've gotten tired of them, maybe thats the real reason behind me digging the wp's.

To each their own i guess though. I get it, MS is lame and evil and steals your info while Apple and Google are awesome and ... steal your info..If its seriously between Apple, Google, or Microsoft in stealing my info i'd rather it be M$. Guess i'm crazy like that.

7. Re: Microsoft fails Windows Phone fans Dec 23, 2015, 03:09 InBlack

From what little Ive seen of it, Windows actually looks good on a phone. Tiles and all of that touch shit make sense. Can't judge based on a few minutes of experience with it on a friends Nokia phone, but it can't be worse than Android can it? (disclaimer, all of my smartphones phones have been Android based, Android sucks unless you are willing to put in the effort of jailbreaking or rooting your phone)  

I have a nifty blue line!

6. Re: Microsoft fails Windows Phone fans Dec 22, 2015, 18:52 4D-Boxing

Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 10:27:
I'm sure they'll get over it. All four of them.

Whoa there buddy, that's five! You forgot to count me.
We Windows Phone users use our devices to ignore calls and avoid texts. We use our set to Google stuff when our wives or girlfriends need info while we're out shopping or dining. We have 2 apps installed, weather and flashlight. Our idea of social media is the office email distribution list and we opt out of everything cause we're just cool like that lol.

With the exception of user number three, we windows phone users wore skinny jeans back when they were just called jeans (not long after dude parted the red sea).

We use our phones like life filters to root out hipsters, remind us of the lack of apps and barren ecosystem and we get a warm fuzzy feeling because we think it means that hipsters and cool kids won't find us after hours.

We rejoice at the fact that script kiddies and kids in general think they'll get cooties if they use a Windows Phone. Then we travel outside of North America and realize that the rest of the world is on to us... I call on my fellow Windows Phone users to switch to Android or IOS, we can use those social media apps to make people think we're one place when we're on the other side of town.

Mostly kidding lol. First paragraph is true...

Seriously though, i sometimes break out my HP pro tablet 608 G1 and tell people its the new Galaxy Note 8 and people buy it till i can't help but laugh.

5. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2015, 13:05 Luke

Verno wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 12:31:
I don't really see manufacturers taking any more chances on Windows Phones and their efforts are like 3+ years behind the times already. Microsoft has lacked a cohesive strategy in this area pretty much from the start. Multiple failed efforts, numerous broken promises, orphaned devices, updates that don't materialize, conflicted messaging, its just a fucking shit show.

I rarely hear of anyone at all using the platform and their installed base figures are a blip. The fact that they get any traction from major companies in terms of apps is just a testament to the Microsoft name having some weight. Oh well.

spot on

4. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2015, 12:31 Verno

I don't really see manufacturers taking any more chances on Windows Phones and their efforts are like 3+ years behind the times already. Microsoft has lacked a cohesive strategy in this area pretty much from the start. Multiple failed efforts, numerous broken promises, orphaned devices, updates that don't materialize, conflicted messaging, its just a fucking shit show.

I rarely hear of anyone at all using the platform and their installed base figures are a blip. The fact that they get any traction from major companies in terms of apps is just a testament to the Microsoft name having some weight. Oh well.

Playing: Beat Saber, Control, Warhammer 2
Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ad Astra, The Office

3. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 22, 2015, 12:10 MajorD

LOL Creston, good one!

I've been using the Insider Preview of Windows 10 Mobile and it has been maturing well and has become a sweet mobile OS that is tying in nicely with their whole ecosystem.

I can't speak for Android, but when I use my wife's iPhone it convinces me I'd never use one of those again. Although iPhones are very elegant and solid piece of hardware, using it would just frustrate me.

People that I know that have either been using a Windows phone and/or have switched over to it, say they love it and prefer it over iPhone and Android phones.

We'll see how it does after the official launch of Windows 10 Mobile and more flagship phones are released.

Still counting...

2. Re: Microsoft fails Windows Phone fans Dec 22, 2015, 11:34 LiTh

Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 10:27:

Winphones are pretty popular in Europe. I actually prefer them to Android/Iphone's as i've had those for years and they both just feel stagnated. If you want every app in existence they certainly arent the right choice, but for business oriented people they are much better to work with, atleast in my experience.

1. Microsoft fails Windows Phone fans Dec 22, 2015, 10:27 Creston

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >