Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

Happy first day of winter/summer, depending on which hemisphere you call home. That would make it winter here in North America, though this really does inspire a double-check (Rodgers!) of the calendar, since it's been so warm around here. In fact, El Niño has it so that I've only worn a real coat twice so far this season, and one of those it was clearly overkill. This will boil over, so to speak, on Christmas Eve, when the forecast calls for a high of 70 °F. If it's going to be a white Christmas around here, it's going to be because of sunblock.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Flooded Village Xmas Eve 4.
Cloud Wars Snowfall.
Story: Cara Delevingne attended The Force Awakens dressed as Jabba the Hutt.
Science: With a historic landing, SpaceX launches new age of spaceflight.
Media: [♪] Portal - Carol Of The Turrets.
Woman Knocks Out Man With Single Punch After He Pinches Her Butt.
View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

PHJF wrote on Dec 23, 2015, 08:40:
The "dawn of the new world" isn't going to include chemical rockets...

Nuclear propulsion has been shown to be much more efficient at space flight back in the 60s. However politics being what they are, and humans being who they are, chemical rockets is what we're stuck with. Sorry.

I have a nifty blue line!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 08:40 PHJF

The "dawn of the new world" isn't going to include chemical rockets...  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 07:39 TheEmissary

I remember watching the CGI demonstration video of that SpaceX Landing a year ago and being pretty impressed to learn that vertical landing a rocket is even possible. I am even more so now that they have actually done it. It gives me a lot of hope for commercial uses of space.

For the Starwars infographic, should the values be adjusted for inflation.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 23, 2015, 04:16 InBlack

Fantaz wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 19:52:
congrats on SpaceX for the landing!

Came here to post exactly that. Fucking awesome.

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 21:59 RedEye9

Fantaz wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 19:52:
This is the dawn of a new world. It's going to be spectacular.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 21:16 bigspender

"Woman Knocks Out Man With Single Punch After He Pinches Her Butt."

She'll probably get stoned to death going by the looks of that country....

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 19:52 Fantaz

14. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 16:41 Megalodon

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 13:54:
Tons of crappy indie games highly discounted, and all the good shit is still cheaper at G2A type sites.

Remember when Steam sales were good?

I've been checking prices on isthereanydeal against historicals and most of them are at all time lows, no idea what you're talking about. I think some people just have unrealistic expectations, as if you're going to get Fallout 4 for $20 when its in high demand and just came out.

But by all means go buy your games on these random sites who supposedly have better deals then. That's what being a consumer is all about, get the best deal for yourself. If its true then go grab it, eventually Steam will be forced to compete.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 15:45 Creston

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 15:25:
Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 14:51:
Tons of crappy indie games highly discounted, and all the good shit is still cheaper at G2A type sites.

Remember when you didn't already own every game worth owning?

The only games I'm even remotely interested in buying if it goes on sale well are AC:Unity or GTA5. But I doubt either will go low enough, so eh.

You get nothing until you finish hording all of Boston sir!

I know! I'm 80% done! I swear!

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 15:25 The Half Elf

Creston wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 14:51:

The only games I'm even remotely interested in buying if it goes on sale well are AC:Unity or GTA5. But I doubt either will go low enough, so eh.

You get nothing until you finish hording all of Boston sir!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

11. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 14:51 Creston

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 14:12 Cutter

Zackly. The only thing I'm buying from Steam anymore are heavily discounted things that have been our for a long while, some DLC, etc. and it's not very much of that either. Sites like G2A are a real godsend for games. Valve strikes me as not even wanting to be involved in Steam anymore. Everything is so half-assed.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 13:54 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 13:20 Quboid

Happy first day of the Steam winter sale!

In unrelated news, the Steam Store is unresponsive today.

7. Woman Knocks Out Man With Single Punch After He Pinches Her Butt Dec 22, 2015, 11:21 Kxmode

Is her name Rey?  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 11:18 RedEye9

nin wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 11:08:

It needs to pick one and go with it. Sinus is going nuts...

This season has been worse than normal, I have taken more Zyrtec and Allegra along with a neti-pot and benadryl on bad days.

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 11:18 Shok

It's supposed to be 86 here in S. Florida on Xmas!  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 11:10 Mr. Tact

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing.. with all this mild weather I'm figuring there is at least one city closing blizzard this winter...  

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 11:08 nin

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 22, 2015, 11:07:
Few days ago we had 40 degree's and sunny, few hours later the sky's got grey and we had less then 2 min's of flurries, and about an hour later sunny skies again.

Suppose to be high 60's next few days here in the Greater Cincinnati area..... are we fucked climate change wise?

It needs to pick one and go with it. Sinus is going nuts...

2. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 22, 2015, 11:07 The Half Elf

Few days ago we had 40 degree's and sunny, few hours later the sky's got grey and we had less then 2 min's of flurries, and about an hour later sunny skies again.

Suppose to be high 60's next few days here in the Greater Cincinnati area..... are we fucked climate change wise?

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >