Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Top 10

Here are last week's 10 bestselling titles on Steam:

1. Grand Theft Auto V
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Squad
  4. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  5. Hurtworld
  6. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
  7. Elite Dangerous: Horizons
  8. Just Cause 3
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  10. ARK: Survival Evolved
View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 16:56 Jagacademy

I had a lot of fun playing GTA5 online, put in over 100 hours online, never had any problems. I haven't played it much in the last 2 months though, has hacking come around recently? Also, is it only in the freemode, or can people hack in the Versus, LTS, etc game modes?

I watched several games of Squad on Twitch, and really don't understand why it is popular all of the sudden. Seems incredibly generic, repetitive, and bare bones.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 11:46 HorrorScope

Jerykk wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 00:14:
SlimRam wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 00:10:
Uhhh, lil bit wild that 'Squad'is number 3? Holy shit, I mean the game looks pretty cool but DAMN are people buyin' it up this fast? It looks HUGE and definitely has a Battlefield vibe going on but I didn't realize the game was this popular? Has anyone here tried it? Is it too huge or is it nasty combat between 100 people?

The Steam weekly sales charts aren't always a good indication of popularity. GTAV has sold over 3.5 million units. FO4 has sold over 2.5 million. CS:GO has sold around 18 million units. Squad has sold around 40k.

40k isn't a bad number for an early access indie game with no marketing but it isn't quite as popular as the charts would suggest.

I assume the following unless there is new game at the top, if a new game isn't at the top of the list then all the sales numbers for that week are a lot less than we think. I'm sure there are some exceptions, perhaps a really deep discount, but you can use Steam Spy and get numbers before and after a week and do some math. Games are like movies for the most part, they blow their nut and then drop well off.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 09:00 Whiskers

While it is true that hackers have ruined the "Freemode" part of GTA Online, if you get into a large crew (there are plenty!) you can have a ton of fun with the game. The open world part is fun, but I mostly do racing these days. Once you get a good group of people together who know how to race, it's pretty awesome. And when you are done racing you can hop out and go blow stuff up for a bit.  

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 07:10 HoSpanky

Osc8r wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 02:32:
Was thinking about buying GTA for the online component (single player bores me to tears these days), so thanks for the feedback guys - guess i'll pass.

Tried COD during the free play weekend and wow... that game feels like some low budget indie fps made 5 years ago. What a joke.

Squad looks good, but seems really overpriced for an indie early access game. Will definitely try it at some point though.

Holding off anyway till the steam sales begin on the 22nd.

GTAV's single player game is surprisingly great, and IF you get 4 friends together, the Heists online are tons of fun. I have 2 friends who've bought the game, just waiting for the price to drop enough for one of my cheapskate buddies to get it.

Also, from a technical standpoint, GTAV is one of, if not THE, most advanced games games ever made. It'll put the hurt on any machine at the higher settings, but it's also incredibly gorgeous. Such a shame the online portion had so many hackers killing the fun.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 02:32 Osc8r

Was thinking about buying GTA for the online component (single player bores me to tears these days), so thanks for the feedback guys - guess i'll pass.

Tried COD during the free play weekend and wow... that game feels like some low budget indie fps made 5 years ago. What a joke.

Squad looks good, but seems really overpriced for an indie early access game. Will definitely try it at some point though.

Holding off anyway till the steam sales begin on the 22nd.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 00:29 SlimRam

Ah I think I understand. Not sure I speak for anyone but myself but I sincerely appreciate your opinion. You seem to keep an open opinion about basically everything so I enjoy reading your post.  

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 00:14 Jerykk

SlimRam wrote on Dec 21, 2015, 00:10:
Uhhh, lil bit wild that 'Squad'is number 3? Holy shit, I mean the game looks pretty cool but DAMN are people buyin' it up this fast? It looks HUGE and definitely has a Battlefield vibe going on but I didn't realize the game was this popular? Has anyone here tried it? Is it too huge or is it nasty combat between 100 people?

The Steam weekly sales charts aren't always a good indication of popularity. GTAV has sold over 3.5 million units. FO4 has sold over 2.5 million. CS:GO has sold around 18 million units. Squad has sold around 40k.

40k isn't a bad number for an early access indie game with no marketing but it isn't quite as popular as the charts would suggest.

10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 21, 2015, 00:10 SlimRam

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 18:20 ForgedReality

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 18:07:
Dacron wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 17:13:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 15:31:
GTA Online for the PC is fucking dead. Good luck trying to get any heists or missions going to get money for the new content they added.

So focused on adding content they let the griefers/hackers kill their online component. Haven't played in months.

Same here, not to mention it was a totally broken mess (on PC) the last time I did actually try it. Was stuck in a garage and could never exit it. Patched: Never

Never seemed a broken mess to me. No issues other than the fucking blatant hackers everywhere. Thinking I might need to find a hack somewhere just to survive and earn some goddamned money. I still haven't been able to start the lowrider shit.

8. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 18:07 eRe4s3r

Dacron wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 17:13:
GTA Online for the PC is fucking dead. Good luck trying to get any heists or missions going to get money for the new content they added.

So focused on adding content they let the griefers/hackers kill their online component. Haven't played in months.

Same here, not to mention it was a totally broken mess (on PC) the last time I did actually try it. Was stuck in a garage and could never exit it. Patched: Never

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 17:13 Dacron

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 16:59 J

CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 16:55:
Wallshadows wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 16:28:
I actually just found out about the GMG sale but it would be around $12 so either way, great deal!

Yes definitely and the nice thing is that the -20% off voucher works with it, too, so for me in Euroland it checked out at 8.40 .

This. I ended up getting it for 7. A nice find. Cheers!

nin: This forum is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Blue: What do you mean, "biblical"?
xXBatmanXx: What he means is Old BBS, El Presidente, real wrath of SysOp type stuff.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 16:55 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 16:28:
I actually just found out about the GMG sale but it would be around $12 so either way, great deal!

Yes definitely and the nice thing is that the -20% off voucher works with it, too, so for me in Euroland it checked out at 8.40 .

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 16:28 Wallshadows

3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 16:08 CJ_Parker

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 15:13:
Picked up Shadow of Morder GOTY for $10 at G2A

No need to go the relatively unsafe G2A route. The game is also available for 10.49 (probably the same in $) on GreenManGaming (they have a winter sale going and a best of 2015 sale).

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 15:31 The Half Elf

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

1. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 20, 2015, 15:13 Wallshadows

Picked up Shadow of Morder GOTY for $10 at G2A and have put in a couple hours. Thank Christ the game knows how to combat because I sure get disoriented. I also got Space Marine Collection for $4 because, eh, space marines....  

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >