Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access

A Steam Community Group Announcement announces the early access launch of Full Spectrum Combat, a premium pack for Robocraft, their free-to-play ("free-to-win") MMOG that involves constructing battle vehicles and sending them into combat (thanks Jatinsai). They are offering free access to this through the end of the year. This post has all the details on the new update, including robot painting and the unlocking of all game modes, and this video offers a look.

View : : :
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access
Dec 20, 2015, 17:10
Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 20, 2015, 17:10
Dec 20, 2015, 17:10

Bub wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 06:35:
I bought this, and was pretty disappointed, you start with very limited dinky bot, that typically gets one shot in a manner of seconds after entering PVP.

Bought? It's free to play, and you build your own bot's (or buy premade ones)... even at tier 1 you can build good tanks without unlocks. I use to troll it by building a giant square with guns at different depths. No wheels. Just sit in spawn and as they get into your base and start to shoot you they expose weapons they haven't destroyed yet and you keep taking them out.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2015, 17:56.
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

Dec 20, 2015, 15:12
Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 20, 2015, 15:12
Dec 20, 2015, 15:12

Bub wrote on Dec 20, 2015, 06:35:
I bought this, and was pretty disappointed, you start with very limited dinky bot, that typically gets one shot in a manner of seconds after entering PVP.

Obviously you just need to buy $150 worth of equipment to be competitive. Why haven't you done that?
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Dec 20, 2015, 06:35
Bub
Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 20, 2015, 06:35
Dec 20, 2015, 06:35
Bub

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

Dec 20, 2015, 03:08
Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 20, 2015, 03:08
Dec 20, 2015, 03:08

Endo wrote on Dec 19, 2015, 22:40:
The thing that really cripples this game IMO (and killed it for me) is that the tiering is brutal, and entirely unnecessary. Tiers are understandable in a game like World of Tanks, where there are many tanks to include that players might want to play, some are clearly more powerful than others, and you'd never want them in the same battle. But in a game where you literally construct your own vehicles, it's nothing but a detriment. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't do away with tiers altogether, and just have unlocks create more options and more variety instead of more powerful vehicles. This game could have been so good, and instead, is so mediocre.

It prevents those (in your scenario) who have unlocked everything from smashing up on lower 'unlock' players.

They need to sell progression as it is a f2p, so they need to have unlocks which get more powerful as you progress. So you need to separate the weaker from the stronger. And those that will pay to make free users lives miserable with any advantage. Tiers/levels helps prevent it.

I think it would play better as a one time sale, and CS style multiplayer with everything unlocked and any design you want as opposed to a tiered f2p grinder. Make it about design and gameplay, not unlocking. But that is a different pay model and too late for at this point. I use to play this a bit, right around the time they added "legs" you could crawl/climb with.
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

Dec 19, 2015, 22:40
Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 19, 2015, 22:40
Dec 19, 2015, 22:40

The thing that really cripples this game IMO (and killed it for me) is that the tiering is brutal, and entirely unnecessary. Tiers are understandable in a game like World of Tanks, where there are many tanks to include that players might want to play, some are clearly more powerful than others, and you'd never want them in the same battle. But in a game where you literally construct your own vehicles, it's nothing but a detriment. There is absolutely no reason they couldn't do away with tiers altogether, and just have unlocks create more options and more variety instead of more powerful vehicles. This game could have been so good, and instead, is so mediocre.

Dec 19, 2015, 18:39
Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 19, 2015, 18:39
Dec 19, 2015, 18:39

Reassembly is another take on this kind of game, but 2d and not f2p.

Dec 19, 2015, 15:14
Re: Robocraft: Full Spectrum Combat Early Access Dec 19, 2015, 15:14
Dec 19, 2015, 15:14

I really like the idea of this game, but have A) no desire to grind out a free to play game and B) little desire to play online.
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older