Get ready to wield an arsenal of weapons as you battle to protect Earth against time-traveling warriors, demons, and dinosaurs. Turok makes its triumphant return to PC in time for the 2015 holiday season.
Originally developed for Nintendo 64 and PC in 1997, Turok has been re-mastered by Night Dive Studios for today’s modern gaming audience. Some of the updated features include:
- Reconstructed game engine that captures the look and feel of the original while also supporting today’s technology
- Modernized graphics that accommodate widescreen and high-resolution monitors
- Improved menus and customization options
- Support for gamepads and keyboard binding
- Support for Steam achievements and trading cards
Brumbek wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 19:12:
$20 for nearly the same PC release from 1997 is absurd. $5 would be more reasonable.
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 18:25:In Night Dive Studios' defense, they don't use the word remaster on the Steam page. They simply call it Turok, which is accurate. It is the exact same game with minor tweaks to make it work on modern machines. But yeah, $20 for nearly the same PC release from 1997 is absurd. $5 would be more reasonable.
Yeah... $20 is a bit much for a port. You can play at higher resolution and it looks like the wall of fog is a bit further off, but all the assets look the same as they were almost 20 years ago. They play it off like that was intentional, so they're using the term "remastered" very loosely here.
Nucas wrote on Dec 17, 2015, 18:07:
what a weird release. the original never even made it off n64 to PC, and was widely mocked for the wall of fog.