Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Interviews

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Thanks for BIOSHOCK, rock on Ken Dec 16, 2015, 20:51 RedEye9

Simon Says wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 22:59:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 17:37:
Ken Levine can make anything great, just look at Bioshock. One of the most atmospheric games I have ever played.
Looks like I'm not the only one.
Metacritic FTW
96/100 Universal acclaim based on 44 Critics
User Score 8.4 Generally favorable reviews based on 3294 Ratings

So basically, your argument is Argumentum Ad Populum. Appeal to the masses and appeal to authority? LOLLLLLL
I liked it before metacritic was a thing kid.
And as far as your reply http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5t96wYgDO1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 16, 2015, 13:18 Creston

I quite liked the first Bioshock for its very good emergent gameplay, and a pretty decent story. Bioshock 2 was pants, and I've only ever played the first level of Infinite. I keep meaning to go back and finish it, but eh. Plenty of great games to play.

19. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 16, 2015, 13:15 Creston

Frijoles wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 21:02:
Nuhauser wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 20:23:
Bioshock 1 & 2 were quite awesome. That last game, not so much. The story was just far too ludicrous for my tastes.

But Elizabeth was wonderful! One of the rare NPCs that isn't terrible. I'm looking at you, Dogmeat.

You leave Dogmeat alone! Shakefist

Having him continuously walk up to the very top of my settlement tower only to fall off the walkway and hearing his silly puppy yelp every time crash lands has been hilarious. AND HE KEEPS GOING BACK!

My wife keeps wanting me to put safety barriers up, but no. ONLY ONE WAY TO LEARN, DOGGIE!

Besides, Dogmeat has ganked Ghoul Reavers off my back plenty of times. He's quite helpful for a melee build

18. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 16, 2015, 05:48 CJ_Parker

BioShock is definitely overrated by some. I thought it was a good game. Not great but really good.

It could have achieved greatness if it would have had less gimmicky gameplay. The levels felt like a themepark specifically set up to put the game's "toys" to use. This unfortunately tainted the otherwise great atmosphere because the levels lacked credibility. It did not feel like a natural underwater city at all.

It also could have done with less backtracking. They artificially stretched the play time this way.

Also, the good vs. evil concept with the big daddies and little sisters was disappointingly shallow. So much wasted potential for player choice having actual consequences...

The game would have been outright mediocre if not for some great characters (especially that crazy artist), decent writing, voice acting and great visuals.
I don't necessarily prefer style over substance but style was this game's saving grace.

17. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 16, 2015, 03:03 InBlack

Graham wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 17:21:
Squirmer wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 17:01:
The Bioshock games are complete trash

Christ, gaming hipsters are the very worst.

Fuck you and your adhominem attacks. Bioshock sucked. Sorry. There, am I hipster too for having an opinion different than yours?
It was a consolized piece of trash gameplay garbage, with, lemme see if I remember correctly, terrible FOV, no saves except for checkpoints in the form of 'respawn' tubes or something, horrible weapons, terrible gunplay, etc. etc.

How people could fall for it is beyond me, I guess they must like Ayn Rand or Steampunk a lot cos that game was garbage. Bioshock is popular for the same reason Taylor Swift is. Or Justin Bieber. People prefer style over substance. I literally couldn't get past the first level of the game how much I hated it. Yeah I have specific tastes when it comes to shooters, but for Christ Sake Fallout3 had better gunplay....

*disclaimer* I fell for the whole prerelase hype-train too. I actually believed the screenshots and the whole spiritual successor to System Shock bullshit. Ken Levine is a lying asshole and Im glad he has nothing to do with the System Shock game in development.

This comment was edited on Dec 16, 2015, 03:13.

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Thanks for BIOSHOCK, rock on Ken Dec 16, 2015, 01:19 1badmf

Simon Says wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 22:59:
Ken Levine can make anything great, just look at Bioshock. One of the most atmospheric games I have ever played.
Metacritic FTW

So basically, your argument is Argumentum Ad Populum. Appeal to the masses and appeal to authority? LOLLLLLL

it's not just going with the crowd. at some point the nature of a thing is so obvious that it's easily discerned by everyone. or more scientifically, the evidence is so compelling that a wide consensus can be reached. i feel, and so do most, that this is the case with bioshock. its quality is so obvious that, truthfully, anyone who doesn't think so is either just a hater or is just a poor judge of great art.

i question anyone's judgement who says, for example, that Bladerunner was a bad movie or Rembrandt was a bad artist. likewise i question anyone's judgement who says Bioshock was a bad game. much more likely you have shitty judgement than we're all wrong and it was a bad game.

15. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 23:37 Simon Says

nin wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:10:
Simon Says wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:04:
As for Bioshock, This pretty much sums it up.

They should change their name from "pc tard" to "pc asshole".

LAWL

14. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 23:10 nin

Simon Says wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 23:04:

They should change their name from "pc tard" to "pc asshole".

13. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 23:04 Simon Says

Don't mistake me, I mildly enjoyed Bioshock. But its not nearly as good as "mainstream" makes it out to be.

My main gripe about Bioshock was that it was way too easy and not scary AT ALL. You feel like a goddamn Deity smiting critters even on the hardest difficulty ( which I chose from the start after reading the review of SS2 players ).

System Shock, on the other hand, forced you to to play intelligently unless you wanted to die an ugly death over and over again. You really felt like you were a small insignificant and almost helpless maggot crawling like an insect inside SHODAN's corridors.

I don't mind NES hard, I like having to run and change my shorts while I regroup, repair my guns and count my ammo. And Bioshock simply didn't deliver.

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2015, 23:10.

12. Re: Thanks for BIOSHOCK, rock on Ken Dec 15, 2015, 22:59 Simon Says

Metacritic FTW

11. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 21:23 nin

Frijoles wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 21:02:
Bioshock 1 & 2 were quite awesome. That last game, not so much. The story was just far too ludicrous for my tastes.

But Elizabeth was wonderful! One of the rare NPCs that isn't terrible. I'm looking at you, Dogmeat.

She was. Her dancing on the boardwalk to the music was just adorable.

10. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 21:02 Frijoles

9. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 20:23 Nuhauser

8. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 18:18 nin

Graham wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 17:21:

Pretty much! The first Bioshock was fantastic.

7. Thanks for BIOSHOCK, rock on Ken Dec 15, 2015, 17:37 RedEye9

Metacritic FTW

This comment was edited on Dec 15, 2015, 18:47.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

6. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 17:21 Graham

Blue-y bought a bit of Cutter, but he said this Cutter's bitter. If I put it in my comments it will make my comments bitter. So he bought some better comments to ignore the bitter Cutter. It didn't make Cutter better but they made the forum glitter.

5. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 17:01 Squirmer

OtherSide is basically the remains of Looking Glass, so I suppose they knew better than anyone who had the rights to it.

As for Levine, I don't want him anywhere near this game. The Bioshock games are complete trash and his ego-driven obsession with ~deep story~ would fuck up SS3 as well.

4. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 15:40 Task

Maybe Ken lost it in a poker match to a Lawyer. The rest is history.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

3. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 14:45 nin

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 14:41:
I still don't quite understand how the SS license was buried under red tape for nearly two decades then all the sudden a company comes out of nowhere and is given complete control of past titles and now a sequel.

Just go with it, man! Choo choo!

2. Re: Morning Interviews Dec 15, 2015, 14:41 Wallshadows

I still don't quite understand how the SS license was buried under red tape for nearly two decades then all the sudden a company comes out of nowhere and is given complete control of past titles and now a sequel.  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo