Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced

Double Fine announces two more games following the revelation of plans for Psychonauts 2, joking that "once you get started announcing games, it's very hard to stop." One is Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin, a PlayStation VR game coming to PS4 next year, with no mention of a PC edition at this time. The other is a remaster of Full Throttle, a modernization of another game Tim Schafer designed in his days at LucasArts. Here's word:
Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin was announced yesterday at the PlayStation Experience as a PlayStation VR game coming to PS4 next year! It tells the story of what happens immediately after the end of Psychonauts which was always left on a cliffhanger...

At the end of Psychonauts [spoilers you guys!] Raz is recognized as a great PSI-Cadet and is asked to join his tutors as a fully fledged Psychonaut! But just as Raz is about to go home from camp with his father, news arrives that the Grand Head of the Psychonauts (and Lili’s father) Truman Zanotto, has been kidnapped. The team, Raz and Lili included, fly off in the Psychonauts jet to rescue him.

Just to be clear, Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin is 100% separate from the Fig campaign for Psychonauts 2 -- separate mission, separate funding! It's a totally separate game that will bridge the story gap between the original Psychonauts and Psychonauts 2, and we're really excited about it!

With the smell of burning asphalt hanging staunchly in the air we’re proud to announce that we’ll be remastering Tim Schafer’s classic LucasArts adventure game Full Throttle!

Following speedily in the still-smoking-tyre-tracks of the Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle Remastered editions, Full Throttle Remastered will complete the trilogy of Tim’s games from LucasArts that we’ve been given the chance to restore. Just like those games, we will make a Remaster with the quality, care and attention to detail that can only come from involving the original creators.

Full Throttle Remastered will feature all new artwork, with high resolution backgrounds and animation, with each frame being repainted by hand. We’ll be aiming to restore the sound and music to a higher quality, and we’ll also fill the game with special features like concept artwork, commentary tracks and as many other things as we can think of.
View : : :
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced
Dec 8, 2015, 08:48
nin

Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 8, 2015, 08:48
Dec 8, 2015, 08:48
 nin

Numinar wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:52:
Julio wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:08:
DarkV wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 16:29:
No thanks. Tim Schafer is a PoS.

Agreed. A lot of Tim Schafer SJW apologists showed up in this thread, guess DF is feeling the heat and doing some PR.

Oh cool, blue's is turning into a conspiracy website where any contrarian opinion gets called out as shills or cointelpro by closed minded morons! I love when that happens to a beloved website!

Yeah, it's poopio, so...hardly surprising.

Dec 8, 2015, 04:57
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 8, 2015, 04:57

Full Throttle would be totally awesome on tablet. Just sayin'
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 8, 2015, 04:57

Agreed. A lot of Tim Schafer SJW apologists showed up in this thread, guess DF is feeling the heat and doing some PR.

Oh cool, blue's is turning into a conspiracy website where any contrarian opinion gets called out as shills or cointelpro by closed minded morons! I love when that happens to a beloved website!

Shut up! Your opinion is shrill, and that of a closed minded moron!
To prevent CV-19, avoid the Serious Seven: weddings, funerals, faith-based activities, bars, gyms, house gatherings and other small events.

Dec 7, 2015, 22:16
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 22:16
Dec 7, 2015, 22:16

Another Blue's "vet" who remembers the site before the nutjobs joined up. Well, there were nuts in the old days too, but they were different.

I remember when the craziest thing on here was people defending piracy. Now that seems sane compared to some of these discussions...

Dec 7, 2015, 20:09
Kxmode

Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 20:09
Dec 7, 2015, 20:09
 Kxmode

RE: joking that "once you get started announcing games, it's very hard to stop."

Hahahaha... it's a joke alright. Brood
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times." - Those Who Remain by G. Michael Hopf

Dec 7, 2015, 18:52
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 18:52
Dec 7, 2015, 18:52

Dec 7, 2015, 18:08
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 18:08
Dec 7, 2015, 18:08

Dec 7, 2015, 16:29
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 16:29
Dec 7, 2015, 16:29

Dec 7, 2015, 14:41
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 14:41
Dec 7, 2015, 14:41

Ecthelion wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 12:48:
The rest of us, like Schafer, just want to play games.
We want more than that We do want a better world. But not while being a complete moron. Like any form of extremist mindset, where compromise and balance harbors the root of all evil. I had my share of "discussions" with people who only think in extremes and absolutes. There is no discussion to be had ...

Yeah, back to topic ... Schafer is a nice guy and his company has learned from some mistakes. I will gladly buy their games, when they are released and turn out to be fine. But crowdfunding them ... nah, i learned MY lesson

Dec 7, 2015, 12:48
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 12:48
Dec 7, 2015, 12:48

Kajetan wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 11:11:
Ecthelion wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 08:41:
I think it's strange that GGers can't tolerate feminists being outraged over alleged sexism in games, but when someone makes a joke at their expense, they react with just as much "righteous outrage" as Anita and company ever did.
Its because they are of the exact same restricted mindset like some of those ultra feminists. There is only one truth about anything and if you do not share my opinion (which is the truth, btw.) you are my sworn enemy and deserve to die.
Pretty much, and fanboys are the same way. Look, I'm a feminist in the sense that I support equal rights for women. But I'm not an "ultra" feminist; I'm not looking for offense where there is none meant (and I couldn't be part of the more zealous "ultra" category anyway, on account of my penis ). Also, to be fair my Vita library has quite a few humorously sexist games on it, which always crack me up in their ridiculousness. On the other hand, I also support freedom in game development design decisions. But I can't get behind any movement that has such a restricted mindset. If you aren't in one of those groups, you can see that Tim Schafer is the same. He wasn't making a political statement, he was making fun of the extremes that this nonsense has reached.

The rest of us, like Schafer, just want to play games.

Dec 7, 2015, 11:11
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 11:11
Dec 7, 2015, 11:11

Ecthelion wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 08:41:
I think it's strange that GGers can't tolerate feminists being outraged over alleged sexism in games, but when someone makes a joke at their expense, they react with just as much "righteous outrage" as Anita and company ever did.
Its because they are of the exact same restricted mindset like some of those ultra feminists. There is only one truth about anything and if you do not share my opinion (which is the truth, btw.) you are my sworn enemy and deserve to die.

Dec 7, 2015, 10:38
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 10:38
Dec 7, 2015, 10:38

Full Throttle remake would be fun.

Dec 7, 2015, 09:20
Verno

Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 09:20
Dec 7, 2015, 09:20
 Verno

Exactly, I just buy their games when they're out of early access. If you aren't willing to take risks don't use early access then whine about it later, problem solved.
Playing: Ys VIII, Hades, Demons Souls
Watching: The Expanse, Tenet, Peninsula

Dec 7, 2015, 08:41
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 08:41
Dec 7, 2015, 08:41

Julio wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 05:26:
Linthat22 wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 19:58:
Julio wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 17:42:
harlock wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:21:
worthless studio

I'm with you there. Not giving them any money, they picked their SJW politics, let them live with it.

Please explain for those of us that don't understand.

Do a youtube search on "Tim Schafer racist" and you'll see why. Also check out their ethics on their Spacebase DF9 game where they took money, then left people with an allegedly incomplete game.
He made a joke, get over it. I think it's strange that GGers can't tolerate feminists being outraged over alleged sexism in games, but when someone makes a joke at their expense, they react with just as much "righteous outrage" as Anita and company ever did.

I also don't understand all the Double Fine hate. They've made some great games and some okay games (I haven't played Broken Age or Massive Chalice yet though, or some of their smaller games). Spacebase DF9 was an early access game that they did not finish. If you're cavalier enough to throw money at early access games (or even crowdfunded games), you should expect to not always see a good return on that investment. I think the whole early access thing is stupid and would never spend a dime on it, for just this reason. But DF is a business and why should they be required to finish up a poorly sold and received early access game just out of the goodness of their hearts? I like the studio overall, they tend to make games I like and they also support the PS Vita, one of my favorite platforms. Good on them.

On the topic at hand, Grim Fandango remastered was great. It made minimal changes to a classic game (and kept the old look and feel for completeness' sake) and brought it to more platforms. What's not to like? I plan to get the remastered DotT and Full Throttle too.

SlimRam wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 01:56:
Full Throttle; Mark Hamill as Adrian Ripburger.

WHO SAID Mark had no career after Star Wars!
Don't watch animation much? Mark Hamill is an awesome voice actor, including the definite voice of The Joker in the best comic-based animated shows to date.

Dec 7, 2015, 08:23
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 08:23
Dec 7, 2015, 08:23

Overmann wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 07:47:
Spacebase-DF9 was an early access game on Steam. You just bought into an alpha, its not the same thing as being a backer.
Its called different, but its the same. Early Access is a crowdfunding variation. When you order an Early Access game, there is no security that this game will succeed. There is always a risk that all goes belly up, that it can transform into something else than you originally "bought".

Dec 7, 2015, 07:47
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 07:47
Dec 7, 2015, 07:47

Kajetan wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 07:29:
Numinar wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 06:55:
Why all the DF hate?
BECAUSE!!!!

DF fucked up with Spacebase-DF9. I was a backer and i will never give them a cent in advance. Not because the game failed (as a backer, i have to accept this risk), but because they werent upfront with the financial situation. They just closed doors. Bang!

Spacebase-DF9 was an early access game on Steam. You just bought into an alpha, its not the same thing as being a backer.

Dec 7, 2015, 07:29
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 07:29
Dec 7, 2015, 07:29

Numinar wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 06:55:
Why all the DF hate?
BECAUSE!!!!

DF fucked up with Spacebase-DF9. I was a backer and i will never give them a cent in advance. Not because the game failed (as a backer, i have to accept this risk), but because they werent upfront with the financial situation. They just closed doors. Bang!

But seeing that Massive Chalice went fine, that DF learned to communicate better and be more transparent, i will gladly buy their games ... when they are released

Dec 7, 2015, 06:55
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 06:55
Dec 7, 2015, 06:55

Why all the DF hate? Broken Age is an honest to goodness awesome game with a sick style. It's exactly the sort of adventure game I would have expected lucasarts to make if they hadn't stopped doing them. Trenched was pretty cool, I think Brutal Legend is the greatest heavy metal adventure ever despite its faults and they've had some other decent little games. They are not as awesome as Klei but they are up there in terms of little boutique developers that actually manage to ship stuff without closing down after their second game.

Probably because I'm too smart to put money into games before they ship, so they haven't had a chance to disappoint me. Suckers. As for GG I'd make fun of them to if I had a platform where I though anyone would give a shit what I said.

Dec 7, 2015, 05:26
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 05:26
Dec 7, 2015, 05:26

Linthat22 wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 19:58:
Julio wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 17:42:
harlock wrote on Dec 6, 2015, 16:21:
worthless studio

I'm with you there. Not giving them any money, they picked their SJW politics, let them live with it.

Please explain for those of us that don't understand.

Do a youtube search on "Tim Schafer racist" and you'll see why. Also check out their ethics on their Spacebase DF9 game where they took money, then left people with an allegedly incomplete game.

Dec 7, 2015, 05:16
Re: Full Throttle Remastered & Psychonauts VR Game Announced Dec 7, 2015, 05:16
Dec 7, 2015, 05:16

If for the Monkey Island games I was glad the remasters added voice (Dominic Armato!)... I am not sure what will a remaster do for Full Throttle !? Slipknot on the soundtrack!?

Can't they just leave a gem be a gem...
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older