Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Shadow Complex Remastered for Free

The Shadow Complex website confirms the recent discovery of plans for Shadow Complex Remastered, saying this is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in 2016, before confusingly going on to offer the PC version now as a free download. They say this will be free through the holidays, and the point seems to be to promote the use of the Epic Games launcher, as that is the delivery mechanism for the game. They offer this trailer showing off the game's spiffed-up graphics, and here's word:

Powered by Unreal Engine 3 and winner of 50+ Game of the Year and Editorís Choice Awards, Shadow Complex is back for more!

Shadow Complex Remastered features all the great gameplay from the award-winning classic, updated with exciting new enhancements and achievements to support its debut on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

FEATURES

• Experience the pivotal modern platform adventure inspired by the classic side-scrolling genre.
  • Explore a huge, mysterious game world populated with legions of enemies, challenges, and jaw-dropping boss battles.
  • Discover unique game-altering power-ups and 100+ additional items and enhancements.
  • Complete all-new achievements and master challenges.
  • Journey through an exciting action-thriller story penned by renowned comic book writer Peter David.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 5, 2015, 18:16 eRe4s3r

Suppa7 wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 23:22:
I remember the good old days when you didn't need a launcher to or a game mananger, you simply ran the game.

After typing in the serial or solving the password riddle....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 23:22 Suppa7

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 13:19:
Where do we draw the line? Every developer releases their own launcher for their game(s)? We'd end up with 100+ different launchers installed. Why is this necessary whatsoever?

The average gamer made that decision along time ago licking the boots of steam and paying for always online drm'd games like mmo's and diablo 3.

I remember the good old days when you didn't need a launcher to or a game mananger, you simply ran the game.

19. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 21:58 ItBurn

So I'm downloading Shadow Complex. The way the Unreal launcher works, you already see a tab for all of their games, so you don't really have a library and you don't actually add the game or anything. You just install it... The way it seems to be advertised, I think that you might lose access to the game after the holidays... Kinda undermines the free thing and gives a bad rep to the launcher. But we'll see...  

18. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 19:36 eRe4s3r

Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 15:53:
I'm working on a new app called Launch Your Launchers. Basically it launches your other launchers. Keep all of your handy publisher launchers in one list! I'm going to make a killing, I can feel it

Already have that, is called steam.... "Add non-steam games" where you can add literally everything that has an exe file ;p Including battle.net, uPlay and.. that's it.

17. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 19:35 MoreLuckThanSkill

Verno wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 15:53:
I'm working on a new app called Launch Your Launchers. Basically it launches your other launchers. Keep all of your handy publisher launchers in one list! I'm going to make a killing, I can feel it

I'd like to point out that I've already secured the patents for my Launcher for your Launcher Launcher, hopefully I can see a reasonable amount of profit before the Launcher^4 takes over the scene.

More on topic, didn't know Peter David had been involved, I'm a bit more tempted to get this now

16. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 15:53 Verno

Playing: Subnautica, Total War: Three Kingdoms, Spider-Man
Watching: 30 Rock, Good Omens, Peep Show

15. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 15:51 LOC

It'll be on Steam early next year then if it bothers you that much.  

14. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 14:33 Marvin T. Martian

Changed my mind, don't want another launcher.
Just give it away with no strings or don't bother.

13. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 14:12 eRe4s3r

peteham wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:37:
Proof of how lazy I've become perhaps, but when I noticed it would require me to install and register for the Epic launcher, I did a 180. I don't need YET another launcher for a game I've already played, even when it's free

Really enjoyed it when I played it on 360 a while back, though. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys the Metroidvania-genre.

+1

I've become too lazy to register at shit lately. Give me a download link or gtfo.. free is too expensive when you bother me with crap

12. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 13:52 LOC

Jagacademy wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 13:19:

3. Give me a break with signing up for a different launcher. What the hell is the big deal? If you don't want another company to have your email sure, I can understand that but seriously? I don't get the hate, same with all the UPlay hate.

Where do we draw the line? Every developer releases their own launcher for their game(s)? We'd end up with 100+ different launchers installed. Why is this necessary whatsoever?

Well not every developer is going to put out a launcher obviously. Still, I certainly understand not wanting to have 100+ launchers sitting around and all that. But it's not that bad at this point, and to get an awesome game for free(and Unreal Tournament as well let alone Unreal Engine 4 etc)is a terrific incentive imo.

Don't get me wrong. I totally get it. But I also just don't get all the hate UPlay (Origin etc) gets let alone the Epic launcher.

11. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 13:32 ByteCrawler

nin wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:03:
ByteCrawler wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 10:36:
They needed to make a sequel of this game. Instead they piss away resources on a remaster. What a bust.

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/985792-Shadow-Complex-2-%28confirmed%29

Unfortunately that post is from over a year ago. Even on the revamped site in the FAQ section they mention that since they have full control over the IP that they will start looking in to the possibility of a SC2. So I'll believe it when I see it. Hopeful but skeptical!

10. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 13:19 Jagacademy

3. Give me a break with signing up for a different launcher. What the hell is the big deal? If you don't want another company to have your email sure, I can understand that but seriously? I don't get the hate, same with all the UPlay hate.

9. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 13:18 theglaze

wow I totally forgot I have this on a dusty 360...maybe I'll dip back into the 'classic' version  

8. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 12:32 LOC

Ludomancer wrote on Dec 4, 2015, 11:49:
Only one person has pointed out this shit is a trojan horse for Epic's new "me too" spyware. Gamers will just gobble any cock put in front of them if there's even suggestion of a marginal entertainment value.

1. It's not "new me too spyware" since it's been used since before the UT alpha launched.
2. Unreal Tournament is on it, nuff said.
4. Its an incredible game. But if you are so set against using the Epic launcher, fine. Wait for it to be put on Steam next year.

7. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 11:49 Ludomancer

Only one person has pointed out this shit is a trojan horse for Epic's new "me too" spyware. Gamers will just gobble any cock put in front of them if there's even suggestion of a marginal entertainment value.

6. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 11:11 Zyrxil

They needed to make a sequel of this game. Instead they piss away resources on a remaster. What a bust.

Implying the resources spent porting and improving some models is at all comparable to the resources needed for a full modern sequel...

In any case if you want a successful sequel, a remaster to drum up memories and expand the audience beyond the original platform is the way to go.

5. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 11:03 nin

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads/985792-Shadow-Complex-2-%28confirmed%29

4. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 10:37 peteham

Proof of how lazy I've become perhaps, but when I noticed it would require me to install and register for the Epic launcher, I did a 180. I don't need YET another launcher for a game I've already played, even when it's free

Really enjoyed it when I played it on 360 a while back, though. Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys the Metroidvania-genre.

3. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 10:36 ByteCrawler

2. Re: Shadow Complex Remastered for Free Dec 4, 2015, 09:49 Marvin T. Martian

Price is right! I will give it a try.

This comment was edited on Dec 4, 2015, 09:55.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo