Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Steam Fall Sale

The Steam Exploration Sale is running from now until December 1st, though flash deals are no longer part of the program. Word is: "The Steam Exploration Sale starts now, with discounts on thousands of games and software running through Black Friday and Cyber Monday!*" Today's highlighted deals are included below:

• 3D Realms Anthology - Steam Edition on Steam. Save 75%.
  • ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam. Save 40%.
  • BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Cities: Skylines on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Company of Heroes Franchise on Steam.
  • Darkest Dungeon ON Steam. Save 40%.
  • Data Jammers: FastForward on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Elite: Dangerous on Steam. Save 67%.
  • Endless Legend Collection ON Steam. Save 66%.
  • Fallout Franchise on Steam.
  • H1Z1 ON Steam. Save 35%.
  • Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars on Steam. Save 25%.
  • Legends of Dawn Reborn on Steam. Save 70%.
  • Life Is Strange on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Ori and the Blind Forest on Steam. Save 40%.
  • Quake Bundle on Bundle Stars.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization Franchise on Steam.
  • Subnautica on Steam. Save 25%.
  • Tom Clancy Franchise on Steam.
  • Wave of Darkness on Steam. Save 50%.
  • Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space on Steam. Save 50%.
View
43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

43. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 27, 2015, 17:33 Vall Forran

Rigs wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 15:10:
God dammit, why does Elite always go on sale when I'm flat fucking broke?! I've got a wall of games staring at me and I'd trade most of it to play Elite... Pouting

=-Rigs-=

Because the expansion is about to release...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 27, 2015, 15:10 Rigs

God dammit, why does Elite always go on sale when I'm flat fucking broke?! I've got a wall of games staring at me and I'd trade most of it to play Elite... Pouting

=-Rigs-=

41. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 27, 2015, 07:00 Jerykk

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 11:21:
Oh about "Boo hoo bad sale", I'm seeing some best deals I've seen on the following games...

DAI - $15
Witcher 3 - $30
Dying Light - $20
Wolf New Order - $9
Dungeons 2 - $10
Cities - $15
Ark - $18 (Game is still a top seller)
Elite - $15
Mad Max - $30

Wtf is one expecting? And yes this isn't the Winter sale...

The winter sale will very likely have the same discounts at this sale. They're only a month apart, after all.

40. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 27, 2015, 04:19 InBlack

heroin wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 14:03:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 11:31:
Satellite Reign has been on my wishlist for a while and is currently on sale for $18. It just received a major patch too, so I picked it up and played it for a few hours last night.

So far seems pretty cool and well worth the buy.

I got a refund on that game after it launched, I wouldn't even buy that game for $5.00. It's completely soulless & bland. The drone camera was cool, the graphics were good but that was about it. There's definitely potential there to be something worth $30-40 but it needs about another 2-3 years of putting cool, interesting shit in it. Otherwise, it's absolutely mind-numbingly boring.

I completely agree with this sentiment. Very let down by that game.

I have a nifty blue line!

39. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 16:16 Cyanotetyphas

On DA DLC I can only comment from the other side of the river.

I've played all three without DLC and I never felt like I was missing anything. Sometimes the introductions are a little brief (a few characters in 2 and 3 are introduced in prior DLC) but there's tons of dialogue to get you up to speed.

If anything (especially in 1 and 2), the games were so long and involved I was waiting for it to be over. I don't see the point of throwing 5 hours on top of a 70 hour pile, not for the kind of cash they're always demanding. On the flip side though, if you've waited this long, you know the collected edition will probably be hitting $20 inside a year.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

38. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 14:03 heroin

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 11:31:
Satellite Reign has been on my wishlist for a while and is currently on sale for $18. It just received a major patch too, so I picked it up and played it for a few hours last night.

I got a refund on that game after it launched, I wouldn't even buy that game for $5.00. It's completely soulless & bland. The drone camera was cool, the graphics were good but that was about it. There's definitely potential there to be something worth $30-40 but it needs about another 2-3 years of putting cool, interesting shit in it. Otherwise, it's absolutely mind-numbingly boring.

37. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:56 MattyB

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 11:06:
DA:I base game for 14.99, but the 'complete' version for 39.99... is the DLC worth it, or just ignore it and get the base version?

For the players that have actually played Inquisition, of course.

Thinking the same - are the 5 bits of DLC worth the extra?

36. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:31 Pineapple Ferguson

35. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:21 HorrorScope

Oh about "Boo hoo bad sale", I'm seeing some best deals I've seen on the following games...

DAI - $15
Witcher 3 - $30
Dying Light - $20
Wolf New Order - $9
Dungeons 2 - $10
Cities - $15
Ark - $18 (Game is still a top seller)
Elite - $15
Mad Max - $30

Wtf is one expecting? And yes this isn't the Winter sale...

34. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:20 Linksil

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 00:15:
Couldnt resist the 15 dollar Elite, Now just have to wait for semester break to get here.

This is one of the games I added to my cart and just looking through the sale list the next day/two before pulling the trigger. Now I just need to find a good joystick to enjoy it with.

Munching On: FF14 storyline, SAO PS4, Horizon.

33. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:06 MoreLuckThanSkill

DA:I base game for 14.99, but the 'complete' version for 39.99... is the DLC worth it, or just ignore it and get the base version?

For the players that have actually played Inquisition, of course.

32. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 11:00 HorrorScope

Xero wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 21:32:
I wish Dragon Age Inquisition was on Steam. It's on sale for 14.99 which is awesome but I absolutely hate Origin and anything to do with EA.

For hating them and never plan on buying, thanks for letting me know. I was waiting for $20 and got it for $15.

31. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 10:35 Verno

The crafting system and interface in DA:I was a hot mess too, I forgot to mention that earlier. Yeah you can make some really OP equipment with it but you need to stomach actually using the piece of shit for extended periods of time.  

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

30. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 10:22 Saboth

InBlack wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 09:48:
SlimRam wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 09:13:
InBlack wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 02:11:
I wish Dragon Age Inquisition was on Steam. It's on sale for 14.99 which is awesome but I absolutely hate Origin and anything to do with EA.

EA would have to pay me to install and play Dragon Age Inquisition.

Is the game supposed to be bad? I honestly haven't read anything about it but I figured I might pick it up at some point.

It all depends. As you can see a lot of people here enjoyed DA:I. I for one took a few looks at some let's play videos and quickly decided the game was not for me. I am not a fan of MMO style gameplay in a single player game. The UI and tactical (pause?) interface looked like a nightmare too. I am however getting very picky and choosy with my games because I have so little time to play them lately, and this is doubly true for RPGs.

I bought DA:I and installed Origin specifically to play the game. I'm not a fan of locking down a game to a single platform, and I haven't been a fan of EA's business practices and customer treatment for years. So I played DA:I, it was ok. It got really repetitive about halfway through. I wasn't a fan of the skill system, and I'm not a fan of having every class locked into certain roles, and having loot drop that only fit those roles and classes. Everything felt really limited, despite the huge world. Anyhow, got bored about halfway through, rushed to finish the game and uninstalled Origin. If I could get certain Origin titles on Steam or GOG or something, I'd buy them, but a game is going to have to be pretty special for me to install Origin again.

29. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 09:48 InBlack

Is the game supposed to be bad? I honestly haven't read anything about it but I figured I might pick it up at some point.

It all depends. As you can see a lot of people here enjoyed DA:I. I for one took a few looks at some let's play videos and quickly decided the game was not for me. I am not a fan of MMO style gameplay in a single player game. The UI and tactical (pause?) interface looked like a nightmare too. I am however getting very picky and choosy with my games because I have so little time to play them lately, and this is doubly true for RPGs.

I have a nifty blue line!

28. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 09:44 Verno

DA:I is decent but not great. Good characters and world design brought down by boatloads of filler content, a lack of fleshed out sidequests and a wonky combat system caught between two types of gameplay. I enjoyed it and it was worth the money but its a shame that it was just on the cusp of great but held back by some very stupid design decisions. For $15 you can't go wrong though.  

Playing: RDR2 PC, The Outer Worlds, Control
Watching: The Last Kingdom, Twin Peaks, Red Dwarf

27. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 09:37 heroin

Creston wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 09:34:

It's actually quite good. There's a lot of MMO filler bullshit in it, which some genius at Bioware thought was a good idea, but the story missions are fantastic, the companions are cool as always (not quite Mass Effect level cool, but they're still cool), it's a gorgeous game to look at, and a lot of fun to explore.

For 15 bucks it's really great value.

Agreed. The game has sort of taken a beating since Witcher 3 came out but I thoroughly enjoyed my time with DA: Inquisition.

26. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 09:34 heroin

ForgedReality wrote on Nov 26, 2015, 06:04:
I just picked up Wolfenstein: The New Order and The Old Blood for 20 bucks. No brainer.

That was a seriously amazing game. Once you get going on that seemingly never-ending awesome game you'll realize it - I just would have never paid full price for a linear shooter like that until after I actually played it. Maybe devs need to charge half-price for their "AAA" games upfront and then after completion charge an at-will donation fee, I would have shelled out the extra $20-30 for New Order at that point to say, gimme more!

25. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 09:34 Creston

It's actually quite good. There's a lot of MMO filler bullshit in it, which some genius at Bioware thought was a good idea, but the story missions are fantastic, the companions are cool as always (not quite Mass Effect level cool, but they're still cool), it's a gorgeous game to look at, and a lot of fun to explore.

For 15 bucks it's really great value.

24. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 09:32 Wallshadows

Finally bought The New Order since it's at the lowest I've ever seen it, even beating G2A. I'll get to play it sometime next year though since it's 40GB and my internet sucks.  

43 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >