Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Metaverse

View
12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 26, 2015, 09:49 Verno

JayDeath wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 20:01:
Wow, I didn't know I had to be so specific. No one can debate that the Finland dude went way too far with his antics. What I'm saying is everyone is a tough guy behind the safety of their computer and I think that's what was going on here. Blair was being such an incredible dick to someone who can and will fuck with your life. A little humility could have helped this kid.

I guess I'm just trying to get you to see the contradiction inherent in your statement. One person did nothing illegal, the other committed numerous illegal acts. One person is not hiding behind anything, the other person most definitely is and is even smug about it. When you're dealing with someone irrational you can't make assumptions about their behavior. As I said already you could do nothing at all and still incur the wrath of someone like this. People have been swatted for killing another person in an FPS game. It's easy to blame Blair but he didn't do anything wrong or deserving of this sort of response.

You said antics as if this was a joke. Family members lost their jobs, reputations, numerous illegal acts were committed. Swatting can be life and death too. Nothing anyone did remotely deserves that and Blair isn't the one acting like an electronic tough guy, bragging on twitter while sitting safely in a foreign country with absurdly lacking law in this area.

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 26, 2015, 06:59 Bub

Great example of how governments and law enforcement does not make it a priority to protect individuals from cyber crime. The only cyber crime they care about is anti-corporate cyber crime.

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

10. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 26, 2015, 02:14 InBlack

That's no excuse. Being a dick online isn't exactly new or rare on the internet. That Suomi hacker needs to get his head examined. Psycho...  

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 20:01 JayDeath

Verno wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 14:15:
JayDeath wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 13:20:
It sounds like that Blair is a real asshole. Holy shit, I would lose my fuckin' mind if my kid brought some bullshit like this down on my family.

Err ok he was a tool but do you think he "brought it down" on their household? Kind of a ridiculously disproportional response. The hacker in question has numerous other offenses and is probably just the type who is looking for trouble anyway. Got family members fired, harassed them all with death threats, swatting and other bullshit. The little chickenshit even brags about it sitting in Finland, safe behind the computer screen. Nothing they did deserved that and you can't blame them for basically being hit by lightning. He could've done nothing at all and still incurred this idiots "wrath".

Wow, I didn't know I had to be so specific. No one can debate that the Finland dude went way too far with his antics. What I'm saying is everyone is a tough guy behind the safety of their computer and I think that's what was going on here. Blair was being such an incredible dick to someone who can and will fuck with your life. A little humility could have helped this kid.

Steam: BenRichards

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 17:54 HorrorScope

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 14:12:
It sounds like that Blair is a real asshole. Holy shit, I would lose my fuckin' mind if my kid brought some bullshit like this down on my family.

Yes, but being an asshole on the internet does not excuse someone ruining a family. Frankly I would have taken a trip to Finland long before now and ended this kid.

I haven't read the whole thing, but I'd start with the FBI and if it went nowhere. Finland I go.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 17:30 jdreyer

NKD wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 15:16:
People like this can have incredible amount of negative impact on your life. Unfortunately laws haven't caught up to this concept yet. Crime related to computers isn't considered "real" even if it has severe real world consequences.
Yeah the hacker(s) need to serve time. That shit is bullshit. On the other hand, the husband is a Rush Limbaugh wannabe so i have a hard time mustering sympathy.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 15:16 NKD

People like this can have incredible amount of negative impact on your life. Unfortunately laws haven't caught up to this concept yet. Crime related to computers isn't considered "real" even if it has severe real world consequences.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 14:15 Verno

Err ok he was a tool but do you think he "brought it down" on their household? Kind of a ridiculously disproportional response. The hacker in question has numerous other offenses and is probably just the type who is looking for trouble anyway. Got family members fired, harassed them all with death threats, swatting and other bullshit. The little chickenshit even brags about it sitting in Finland, safe behind the computer screen. Nothing they did deserved that and you can't blame them for basically being hit by lightning. He could've done nothing at all and still incurred this idiots "wrath".

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2015, 14:20.

Playing: Link's Awakening, Control, Total War Warhammer 2
Watching: Mr. Mercedes, Hobbs & Shaw, Castle Rock

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 14:12 Agent.X7

Yes, but being an asshole on the internet does not excuse someone ruining a family. Frankly I would have taken a trip to Finland long before now and ended this kid.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 13:43 Cutter

Regardless of any beef he may or may not have started the response is way out of line. I'd consider it an act of terrorism and those involved should be treated as such.

While Kivimaki was ultimately convicted this July on over 50,000 counts of computer crime, he served only a few weeks in jail. Being under 18 at the time, Kivimaki was slapped with a two-year suspended sentence. “Suspended sentences are the general rule [for juvenile defendants in Finland],” explained Jani Jukka, the Finnish lawyer who prosecuted Kivimaki’s case. “There have to be grave reasons … [or] circumstances to rule otherwise [if] the sentence is over two years.”

There's your problem right there, Vern. 50,000 counts and sat in holding for a week or two basically. WTF is wrong with Finland? WTF is wrong with this kid's parents? I'd probably have just flown over and literally beat that punk to death. See if his pals want to keep up a war after that. I don't think there's a jury in the land that wouldn't consider it a justifiable homicide seeing as law enforcement everywhere failed to act. This Finnish kid is an obvious piece of shit and there's no fixing him. Put him away for life in a Supermax and see how funny he thinks it is then.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 13:20 JayDeath

Steam: BenRichards

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 25, 2015, 11:45 Angrius Maximis

looks like they've been destroyed by fast food also  

12 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo