Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans

An update to EA's Star Wars website from Patrick Söderlund talks about Star Wars Battlefront, saying it is "the biggest launch of a Star Wars video game ever and is the largest digital launch in the history of EA." He also outlines plans for free content coming to the Star Wars action game along with the planned premium season pass DLC:
Best of all, this is just the beginning. We have lots of new content coming over the next several months that will provide new ways to immerse yourself in Star Wars.

In two weeks, The Battle of Jakku launches. Taking place 29 years before the events of Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™, The Battle of Jakku is a free DLC pack* that adds two new maps (including one for popular modes like Walker Assault and Supremacy) and a new mode to the game. The coolest thing is that it’s the only place you’ll be able to experience the pivotal events that help shape the look of one of the next iconic planets in the Star Wars universe. We can’t wait for you to step onto Jakku for the first time with us.

Of course, we are also planning to support Star Wars Battlefront with new content well into the future. We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass. We’ll have more to share soon.
View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 23:19 nin

1badmf wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:10:
can be please get a real star wars game that isn't eviscerated by greed?!?!

Honestly, I don't mind the greed so much as the lack of single player. To paraphrase a quote elsewhere I read today: It's not that the Battlefront/Field series is known for story, it's that they took a franchise known for story and made a game that provides basically no story.

This was a quick and dirty product made to meet a deadline (episode 7). And it shows.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 23:14 nin

Kxmode wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:09:
EA is really stupid for not having a BFCM sale for SWBF. I know it just came out but their plan is to make a ton of money from future content. They want as many people in their game as possible especially for next month. Doing a 50% 2-day sale will help boost the numbers. The other reason why they want a 50% sale is the number of reviews coming saying this game isn't worth $60 is staggering. The smart thing to do is give people who want to buy but not at $60 a 2-day window to do that, while at the same time not permanently dropping the price.

Gamestop (I know, but give me a sec) has said (re black friday) they are:
the only retailer that has it with significant discount, which is also going to guide sales.”

So I'd keep an eye out there...

11. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 23:10 1badmf

can be please get a real star wars game that isn't eviscerated by greed?!?!  

10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 23:09 Kxmode

EA is really stupid for not having a BFCM sale for SWBF. I know it just came out but their plan is to make a ton of money from future content. They want as many people in their game as possible especially for next month. Doing a 50% 2-day sale will help boost the numbers. The other reason why they want a 50% sale is the number of reviews saying this game isn't worth $60 is staggering. The smart thing to do is give people a 2-day window to buy while at the same time not permanently dropping the price.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

9. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 22:51 nin

DangerDog wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 22:33:
http://swbstats.com/

Those should be extremely alarming for EA, if true... 245K peak????? After one week?

8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 22:33 DangerDog

Best looking rocks in a game ever!

The promise of additional "free" content might not be enough to keep people interested in the game. It's not just the lack of maps but the shallowness of the gameplay. It needs more progression based modes that almost are like mini episodes of a Star Wars story - especially for co-op modes.

http://swbstats.com/

7. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 21:41 Kxmode

I'll eventually buy this game when the price comes down and there's more stuff. BTW check out this mod. I don't know about you but the screenshots don't even look like a video game. Looks like a LARP session.  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

6. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 21:40 ColoradoHoudini

As he said in the review you linked.. "shallow"

btw-the additional maps are not worth it. The need additional game changing features added

5. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 21:33 nin

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 21:13:
But 60 bucks for a cash grab devoid of features, mechanics and content most people would assume would be there base don the type of game this is.. ugh.

we wont even mention the DLC cash grab.

It's pretty, and sounds great, but the gameplay was just meh...so much potential squandered.

edit: Oh hey, watching this now: https://youtu.be/Xxt9EiZ6dGE

4. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 21:21 Kxmode

Free? EA? What sort of "Dark" Arts is this?!  

3. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 21:13 ColoradoHoudini

Man this game is being beat up pretty much everywhere i turn. So many valid criticisms to this title, and lower than expected sales as well.

if it were 30 bucks, okay, I'm listening.. and free or $10 DLC .. every few months, okay.
But 60 bucks for a cash grab devoid of features, mechanics and content most people would assume would be there base don the type of game this is.. ugh.

we wont even mention the DLC cash grab.

Already the game is pretty much only populated in two game types. Sad..just sad.

2. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 20:56 The Half Elf

Ended up getting this, and have to say it's not bad. It's not great but not bad.  

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

1. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 20:05 morrow

slick whats your steamid?  

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >