Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans

An update to EA's Star Wars website from Patrick Söderlund talks about Star Wars Battlefront, saying it is "the biggest launch of a Star Wars video game ever and is the largest digital launch in the history of EA." He also outlines plans for free content coming to the Star Wars action game along with the planned premium season pass DLC:

Best of all, this is just the beginning. We have lots of new content coming over the next several months that will provide new ways to immerse yourself in Star Wars.

In two weeks, The Battle of Jakku launches. Taking place 29 years before the events of Star Wars™: The Force Awakens™, The Battle of Jakku is a free DLC pack* that adds two new maps (including one for popular modes like Walker Assault and Supremacy) and a new mode to the game. The coolest thing is that it’s the only place you’ll be able to experience the pivotal events that help shape the look of one of the next iconic planets in the Star Wars universe. We can’t wait for you to step onto Jakku for the first time with us.

Of course, we are also planning to support Star Wars Battlefront with new content well into the future. We will be adding more of what you love about the game, like new maps and Star Cards, for free in the coming months, in addition to all of the content we have coming with Season Pass. We’ll have more to share soon.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 21:34 nin

Kxmode wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 21:28:
I don't care if Disney milks SW as long as they entertain me along the way!

There was an article earlier this week about "You'll be dead before Disney makes it's last Star Wars movie" that actually upset me a tiny bit.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 21:28 Kxmode

I don't care if Disney milks SW as long as they entertain me along the way!

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

31. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 16:48 Bundy

Oh for sure, Disney is taking SW to the nth degree. But they didn't pay 4 billion dollars to make a couple low key movies.  

30. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 16:19 TheEmissary

Bundy wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 16:12:
TheEmissary wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 16:06:
HorrorScope wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 10:29:
1badmf wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:10:
can be please get a real star wars game that isn't eviscerated by greed?!?!

Yeah right. The definition of Greed should have a pic of Star Wars.

I think Disney as a company takes that honor. They have their hooks in practically everything now.

I honestly don't remember the older StarWars or the Prequels being marketed the way this movie is right now. You can't go anywhere without seeing some Star Wars tie in or what have you. I have seen more merchandise for this one movie than I have for the entire lifetime of the franchise.

Star Wars as a franchise is worth significantly more now than it was in the early 80's. But both empire and Jedi were merchandised very heavily. Lucas' motivation for changing Wookies to Ewoks in Jedi was because teddy bear toys were an easier sell to children. I believe there was even a moment in empire where he screened it for Scorsese (they were close friends) and Scorsese felt that the movie would be stronger if Lucas made some changes, but Lucas explained how that wouldn't fit with the mainstream angle he was trying to achieve.

Don't let your nostalgia fool you. The moment the first star wars became a massive success, the money gears started churning.

I am not under any delusions about Star Wars not being profit-focused IP. Disney has taken it to a whole other level in terms of profiting off the IP. Its ridiculous that you see more about the merchandise than about the movie itself.

Think about what Disney has been doing with its Frozen IP. That movie is still churning out tons of merchandise and the movie is two years old at this point.

Getting back on topic of games. I do miss the Star Wars games that at least captured the essence of what the series was about and not necessarily just the space battles. I rather enjoyed the classics that can exist as good games even without the IP.

29. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 16:12 Bundy

TheEmissary wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 16:06:

I think Disney as a company takes that honor. They have their hooks in practically everything now.

I honestly don't remember the older StarWars or the Prequels being marketed the way this movie is right now. You can't go anywhere without seeing some Star Wars tie in or what have you. I have seen more merchandise for this one movie than I have for the entire lifetime of the franchise.

Star Wars as a franchise is worth significantly more now than it was in the early 80's. But both empire and Jedi were merchandised very heavily. Lucas' motivation for changing Wookies to Ewoks in Jedi was because teddy bear toys were an easier sell to children. I believe there was even a moment in empire where he screened it for Scorsese (they were close friends) and Scorsese felt that the movie would be stronger if Lucas made some changes, but Lucas explained how that wouldn't fit with the mainstream angle he was trying to achieve.

Don't let your nostalgia fool you. The moment the first star wars became a massive success, the money gears started churning.

28. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 16:06 TheEmissary

27. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 14:46 Kxmode

Yeah right. The definition of Greed should have a pic of Star Wars George Lucas.

FTFY.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

26. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 14:44 Kxmode

harlock wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 00:01:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:40:
If they don't drop their price I'm not buying it next month.

you should also hold your breath and stomp your feet

I have other games to keep me busy. It's EA's loss if they're too greedy to lower the price. No loss to me.

25. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 10:31 Bundy

This. Star Wars became all about making money the moment the first one was a huge success. Lucas decided to make it a franchise and the latter two were written with merchandising in mind.

24. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 10:29 HorrorScope

23. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 09:41 Bundy

Not into multiplayer shooters myself, but I had fun playing the early access. But my kids just loved it. They about had a riot when the 10 hrs ran out in the middle of their match against each other. I'll be getting this one for them for Xmas.  

22. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 09:31 Ozmodan

The kids like the game, so maybe it was oriented to the younger sect.  

21. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 09:21 InBlack

harlock wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 09:06:
InBlack wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 02:17:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 21:41:
I'll eventually buy this game when the price comes down and there's more stuff. BTW check out this mod. I don't know about you but the screenshots don't even look like a video game. Looks like a LARP session.

Wow that indeed looks impressive. Any videos of it in action around? Im guessing not really at this point?

its fake dude

Which is why I wanted to see it in action. If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't.

I have a nifty blue line!

20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 09:06 harlock

InBlack wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 02:17:
I'll eventually buy this game when the price comes down and there's more stuff. BTW check out this mod. I don't know about you but the screenshots don't even look like a video game. Looks like a LARP session.

Wow that indeed looks impressive. Any videos of it in action around? Im guessing not really at this point?

its fake dude

19. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 08:59 Task

Those days are over sadly. The Golden Era of SW games ended long ago. EA, for the forseeable future, will be publishing SW games for whatever dev group they shop a project to. While Disney greenlights mobile SW garbage in the mean time.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

18. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 08:56 Task

That 'mod' also drops the frames quite a bit. The maker of it stated straight out its good for taking screenshots and that's it. Basically a 'Bull Shot No Photoshop Required' mod for your game.  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

17. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 08:04 Undocumented Alien

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 20:56:
Ended up getting this, and have to say it's not bad. It's not great but not bad.

Agreed, the visuals and sounds are great, A+, but really it's just Battlefield/CoD with Star Wars skins and vehicles. So I can only play BF3 in small chunks of time as it gets tedious after a few matches. Fun playing with my kid.

They (BF3 Dev) need to randomize the teams better as well. Played on some server I got plopped into (no control over where you go) and the first match was a complete wipe out, the other team completely destroyed us, it's OK, happens from time to time on public servers... next match, same teams, same domination... not much fun at this point. I'm sure they could write some algorithm that can check the score, how far both teams make it for check points, etc, and re-balance the teams. You know, so it's fun...

16. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 02:17 InBlack

I have a nifty blue line!

15. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 25, 2015, 00:01 harlock

Kxmode wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:40:
If they don't drop their price I'm not buying it next month.

you should also hold your breath and stomp your feet

14. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Free DLC Plans Nov 24, 2015, 23:40 Kxmode

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 23:19:
This was a quick and dirty product made to meet a deadline (episode 7). And it shows.

And for that reason alone the price should drop 50% from now until 11/30. EA is going to want A TON OF PLAYERS in this game for next month. If they don't drop their price I'm not buying it next month.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo