Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Just Cause 3 Specs

A Steam forum post outlines the complete minimum and recommended system requirements for Just Cause 3, just cause (thanks PCGamesN). Here's word what it will take to run the open world action sequel:
Minimum Specifications
OS: Vista SP2, Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K, 3.3 Ghz | AMD Phenom II X6 1075T 3 Ghz
Memory: 6GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (2GB) | AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB)

Recommended Specifications
OS: Vista SP2, Win 7 SP1, Win 8.1 (64-bit Operating System Required)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB Ram
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) | AMD R9 290 (4GB)
View
30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

30. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 26, 2015, 02:55 mag

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 18:02:
Yes 670 is a high spec and they best hope it isn't true, it isn't good business for them on the pc. And we know it will run well under that... So why do they want to cost themselves sales? Whatever.

A 670 was med-high spec *three years ago*. It's $140 performance, today. That's pretty low-end.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 18:10 HorrorScope

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:28:
I don't understand the problem here. Consoles have ALWAYS punched above their hardware class, because the specs are a constant and devs can really dig in. PCs are, comparatively, horridly inefficient. They don't code for your exact hardware, they code to the IDEA of hardware (directx).

Everyone wants better graphics, but when a dev says "ok, let's go for it!", people start crying that their 5 year old video card can't run a bleeding edge game.

I've asked this a lot lately...where did the PC gamers that used to be on here go? I see the same names but they all sound like whiny old spinsters. Remember when every YEAR, a graphics card came out that was two to three times as powerful as the one before? Were you buying video cards THEN? Cuz you were upgrading every year. And here you guys are, crying about needing a 3 year old card as a minimum for a brand new game.

1. We will first come to find out it does run well under that spec.

2. Remember when gfx card came out every year 3x more powerful than last? Well, not really. But if they did I'd be buying more video cards. Wished that happened.

3. See 1.

4. This gens's consoles have a lot in common with a pc. Not news here. This game's minimum spec card blows away the consoles vc.

5. See 1.

6. Aren't they using DX on the Bone and something similar enough in the PS4?

7. See 1.

8. If games gave us something really more to have to get more HW and the HW was there, we'd be fine with it. Giving us the same over and over... yeah we'll take the value of using it for years.

9. See 1.

10. Had to have 10 reasons when you get to 9, it really is all about #1. It will run just fine on lower spec'd systems I predict. OR the game will be panned as a terribly optimized game as it won't run well on recommended specs.

28. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 18:02 HorrorScope

Yes 670 is a high spec and they best hope it isn't true, it isn't good business for them on the pc. And we know it will run well under that... So why do they want to cost themselves sales? Whatever.  

27. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 08:18 mag

Cutter wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 17:15:
I don't understand the problem here. Consoles have ALWAYS punched above their hardware class, because the specs are a constant and devs can really dig in. PCs are, comparatively, horridly inefficient. They don't code for your exact hardware, they code to the IDEA of hardware (directx).

Everyone wants better graphics, but when a dev says "ok, let's go for it!", people start crying that their 5 year old video card can't run a bleeding edge game.

I've asked this a lot lately...where did the PC gamers that used to be on here go? I see the same names but they all sound like whiny old spinsters. Remember when every YEAR, a graphics card came out that was two to three times as powerful as the one before? Were you buying video cards THEN? Cuz you were upgrading every year. And here you guys are, crying about needing a 3 year old card as a minimum for a brand new game.

What are you smoking? Everyone has always basically been on a 3 year cycle for PC parts. PC optimizations are always lax at the beginning of a new console cycle because all the focus is on consoles. 2 years on now so they should be working harder to optimize all around. Yeah I'll buy a new card later this year, but damned if I'm moving to an annual cycle at $300 a pop. I'll quit gaming first. I've got way more important things to be spending money on these days. 20 years ago we didn't have those same responsibilities either.

A GTX 670 is roughly the performance of a GTX 760. The GTX 760 can be gotten on Newegg for $140. A GTX 960, current-gen and even faster, is $180-$200.

On the AMD side, the comparison card is the R9 270 ($150) or R7 370 ($120-$140).

26. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 03:49 Dacron

I remember thinking my 660ti 2gb was the envy of all gamers.

Then I remember how many years I've had it for.

Jesus time goes by quickly.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

25. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 25, 2015, 03:21 Jerykk

Min specs are always overblown and Avalanche has a history of well-optimized PC games. All of the JC3 footage shown thus far has been from the PC build and there's plenty of 60 FPS footage on Youtube.

On a side note, the 670 is over 3 years old. That seems pretty reasonable for a min spec requirement.

24. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 17:30 Techie714 ©

Test (Browser flush)  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

23. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 17:30 Theo

670's are 3 and a half years old now. Really don't know what people expect. Am sure all the people that go on about, how much better PC hardware is actually have zero clue how PC's actually work and the efficiency cost that a veried hardware platform comes with.

expect more of this, especially when dev's really start to learn the "tricks", to making current gen consoles work better for them.

(whilst people can say, yadda yadda lazy ports and it will get better over time in current console gen; its also worth noting that current gen console games will only get more impressive as they learn the various hooks and tricks to getting around that hardwares basic limitations - and with that, more requirements thrown at the PC platforms).

That rant aside, 670's are old. early 2012 if i recall. someone with something that old will probably need to turn some options down and look more like the console version than whatever arrives on PC.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

22. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 17:15 Cutter

What are you smoking? Everyone has always basically been on a 3 year cycle for PC parts. PC optimizations are always lax at the beginning of a new console cycle because all the focus is on consoles. 2 years on now so they should be working harder to optimize all around. Yeah I'll buy a new card later this year, but damned if I'm moving to an annual cycle at $300 a pop. I'll quit gaming first. I've got way more important things to be spending money on these days. 20 years ago we didn't have those same responsibilities either.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

21. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 16:54 NKD

I ask myself the same thing. I haven't upgraded my admittedly very high end rig in 2 and a half years and everything still runs just fine. But I don't foresee myself building anything new for another year and a half or more. I used to upgrade my rig every 2 years, now you can get away with 3-4 years. The frequency with which you need to upgrade your hardware has slowed considerably.

The minimum spec graphics card is a three year old mid range card. The GTX 670 is roughly the equivalent of a modern GTX 960 which is around $150.

Combined with the fact that "minimum spec" these days gets you a lot further than "Well it technically runs" which is what min spec used to mean, I find it hard to complain about these specs.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

20. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 15:38 Rilcon

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:24:

I think you mean Mad Max
Herp, yes.

19. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 15:28 HoSpanky

18. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 15:24 Dagnamit

Rilcon wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 15:03:
The minimum requirement for Just Cause (same studio and I'm going to hazard a guess at mostly same tech) was a 660ti; I'm on that card, and ran the game at 1920x1200 with everything set to max (except stuff AA; I never notice a difference over the "medium" settings with those) without framerate issues or drops.

Not too interested in JC3 myself for now, but if your hovering near the minimum specs for it you're probably going to be fine.

I think you mean Mad Max, but the point still stands. The minimum specs ran that game at 1080p near 60fps with high quality settings. I would guess a 670 would do about the same. This game should run well.

17. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 15:09 ForgedReality

Guys, stop blaming the devs. It is entirely, 100% the fault of the distributors/publishers. Devs want to put out quality products. It's not their intent to screw over any platform or release unfinished shite. It's just that the publisher steps in and goes, "hey fuckers! We need to get this shit out in three weeks. Get it done. We're tryna make money and shit and we can't afford to keep paying you to get it right, so just get it 'good enough' so we can sucker all the 12 year olds out of their moms' money. Thanks."

But then, if you give the devs ALL control and let them choose the deadlines, you end up with Star Citizen. One day, hopefully, we can find a happy middle-ground. :\

16. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 15:03 Rilcon

The minimum requirement for Just Cause (same studio and I'm going to hazard a guess at mostly same tech) was a 660ti; I'm on that card, and ran the game at 1920x1200 with everything set to max (except stuff AA; I never notice a difference over the "medium" settings with those) without framerate issues or drops.

Not too interested in JC3 myself for now, but if your hovering near the minimum specs for it you're probably going to be fine.

15. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 14:24 Cutter

Slashman wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 13:15:
Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 12:55:
Wow, I'm almost minimum spec except for the graphics card. Somehow I think it'll still run just fine.

That's the point though. Why inflate minimum specs just for the hell of it?

Most of the time games just come out badly optimized.

Even Witcher 3 runs OK with a GTX 660.

I have NEVER built my systems to be top end. Mid range works just fine for me with pretty much every game.

When Witcher 2 first came out, I swore I'd need a new card to run it properly. Then magically they started patching in optimizations and the same card could run it with settings higher than before.

It would be a welcome change if devs could start doing the optimization passes BEFORE release.

Yeah, I nought everything new last year, except the CPU and GPU. I bought those 2 years agp and they came out the year before that - so 3 years old now. That seems absurd that I have a 3GB video card and CPU that are just above the min specs while they solidly crush the Failbox and PS4 which can run it fine. I agree, it seems like optimization for PC as a platform is completely unimportant to a lot od devs atm.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

14. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:55 Kxmode

Awesome! Upgraded my cpu to i7-3770k! I'm now well within the recommended specs Dance  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

13. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:54 Xero

I'm happy. My PC specs blow the recommended away.  

Primarily playing: Witcher 3 again (2nd playthrough), MK11, Dead Cells, Trine 4

12. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:18 Hump

Really? If you choose to be a PC gamer, it's about time you get yourself a PC with specs equal or better than these recommended specs.

Not trying to sound like an asshole. Just stating what seems to be the obvious to me.

Ive been PC gaming for 20 years. I understand the importance of getting the best hardware you can afford but to my mind min specs for video cards in gaming should start at the $100 mark.

A quick check seems to have a GTX 670 coming in at over $200.

Just my opinion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

11. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:15 Slashman

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 12:55:
Wow, I'm almost minimum spec except for the graphics card. Somehow I think it'll still run just fine.

That's the point though. Why inflate minimum specs just for the hell of it?

Most of the time games just come out badly optimized.

Even Witcher 3 runs OK with a GTX 660.

I have NEVER built my systems to be top end. Mid range works just fine for me with pretty much every game.

When Witcher 2 first came out, I swore I'd need a new card to run it properly. Then magically they started patching in optimizations and the same card could run it with settings higher than before.

It would be a welcome change if devs could start doing the optimization passes BEFORE release.

30 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >