No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support

Steam Community forum post from a WBIE developer account has the news that they are abandoning their efforts at adding working support for multiple GPUs in Batman: Arkham Knight (thanks DSOGaming). The game suffered from performance issues upon release, and while some of them have been addressed, word is SLI/Crossfire support will not be added:
We’ve been working with our development and graphics driver partners over the last few months to investigate utilizing multi-GPU support within Batman: Arkham Knight. The result was that even the best case estimates for performance improvements turned out to be relatively small given the high risk of creating new issues for all players. As a result we’ve had to make the difficult decision to stop work on further multi-GPU support. We are disappointed that this was not practical and apologize to those who have been waiting for this feature.
View : : :
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support
Nov 22, 2015, 05:19
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 22, 2015, 05:19
Nov 22, 2015, 05:19

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 17:00:
WorthABuy is absurd. That moron plays on the easiest difficulty levels then complains that the game isn't very challenging. That's also COMPLETELY IGNORING that easy combat isn't the problem they yanked the game for. In fact, this exact argument exacerbates what I'm saying on here: this game can't win with you guys, ever. Oh, they pretty much sorted out the performance issues? I'm gonna post a video where a guy cries about the easy combat in Easy mode!

It wouldn't matter if they got SLI support, you'd bitch that they didn't put in VR support or something even more obscure. It's not JUST Batman, although it's getting the lion's share of vitriol. Read almost any post on Blue's lately and it's not clever, or funny, it's just angry angry people. When did you all stop liking games?

The absolute worst thing of his reviews which is seen in the Arkham Knight review as well, is that he complaints about shit that's obviously his lack of skill. Perfect example is the part where he has to jump his batmobile across a gap. He fucked up in all ways. He didn't realize he could use the remote batmobile skill, for one, and also did he fuck up horribly with that mechanism thing.

I loved WaB once. I fucking hate the dumb arse now.

Nov 22, 2015, 03:34
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 22, 2015, 03:34
Nov 22, 2015, 03:34

I must say, so far, this is the Batman game I always wanted. You can read my old comments and I said, I want a Batman game where I can tear ass around the streets of Gotham in the bat mobile, and fight against random criminals ala GTA. While this isn't exactly what I wanted... It's pretty damn close. I bought it a week or so ago. If I finish it before December 31st, but I enjoy myself, I wont opt for a refund.

Nov 21, 2015, 02:33
El Pit

Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 21, 2015, 02:33
Nov 21, 2015, 02:33
 El Pit

Kajetan wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 18:18:
El Pit wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:51:
Oh nooooo... I'm playing Arkham Knight right now, it's working, it's fun, I'm enjoying it... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Please help me, Sith Lords of Hatred of Blue's News - MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT BREAK! MAKE IT NOT BEING FUN TO PLAY! I'm asking all of you who never played the game but hate it to help me! I want to join you. Can I? CAN I?
You dont get it ... if you have fun with trash, then have fun with trash and enjoy yourself as you please. I had fun with bad games in the past, i didnt regret any minute with them.

But i dont walk around and piss at everybody who says: "This is a bad game." It is. Bad. But the overall quality of a game is unrelated to the amount of fun you can have with it.

So it's trash. And it's trash because... Bad game design? Low production values? The bugs they squashed? Or is every game trash that does not have multi-gpu support?

Yeah, I don't get it. Whatever. You play your games, I'll play mine. Just don't make your OPINION sound like it's the law, the only true and objective judgment because it is not. Neither is mine.

The only thing I don't like about Arkham Knight is the Bat Tank. I understand they wanted to include a new game element, but it just feels weird firing the tank's cannon at thugs and non-armored cars.
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Nov 20, 2015, 18:18
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 18:18
Nov 20, 2015, 18:18

El Pit wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:51:
Oh nooooo... I'm playing Arkham Knight right now, it's working, it's fun, I'm enjoying it... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? Please help me, Sith Lords of Hatred of Blue's News - MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT BREAK! MAKE IT NOT BEING FUN TO PLAY! I'm asking all of you who never played the game but hate it to help me! I want to join you. Can I? CAN I?
You dont get it ... if you have fun with trash, then have fun with trash and enjoy yourself as you please. I had fun with bad games in the past, i didnt regret any minute with them.

But i dont walk around and piss at everybody who says: "This is a bad game." It is. Bad. But the overall quality of a game is unrelated to the amount of fun you can have with it.

Nov 20, 2015, 17:26
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 17:26
Nov 20, 2015, 17:26

What gets me about his moronic video is the ramp segment (he's got the ramp on the wrong side). I get the impression he's so eager to rag on developers that he doesn't even think for a half-second when he finds something he feels he can add as ammunition to fuel his "review".

The fight he shows is typically the second mission based fight you get into (so literally the second fight for many). Of course it's a breeze, it's Batman taking out the lowest of thugs. Besides, what does he want? Arkham QWOP? The ease of control helps the player deal with much more difficult fights later (though there's a disappointing boss fight near the end).

Nov 20, 2015, 17:00
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 17:00
Nov 20, 2015, 17:00

WorthABuy is absurd. That moron plays on the easiest difficulty levels then complains that the game isn't very challenging. That's also COMPLETELY IGNORING that easy combat isn't the problem they yanked the game for. In fact, this exact argument exacerbates what I'm saying on here: this game can't win with you guys, ever. Oh, they pretty much sorted out the performance issues? I'm gonna post a video where a guy cries about the easy combat in Easy mode!

It wouldn't matter if they got SLI support, you'd bitch that they didn't put in VR support or something even more obscure. It's not JUST Batman, although it's getting the lion's share of vitriol. Read almost any post on Blue's lately and it's not clever, or funny, it's just angry angry people. When did you all stop liking games?

Nov 20, 2015, 16:49
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 16:49
Nov 20, 2015, 16:49

Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 13:14:
Solid PC support there.

On the flipside, at least they're honest.

They only became honest after the huge backlash after the horrible release state of the game. If they could of gotten away with it they would.
"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

Nov 20, 2015, 13:23
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 13:23
Nov 20, 2015, 13:23

This game, the developer, and publisher all suck on PC. I was holding out for the re-release, but the continued issues and now lack of multiple GPUs is making me put this game in the garbage.

Meanwhile, I would like some Crossfire support for Fallout 4...
Great game. Nvidia tinkering aside.
Thinking I may build a new system come January,
Ray
Everything is awesome!!!
http://www.kindafunny.com/
I love you, mom.

Nov 20, 2015, 13:14
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 13:14
Nov 20, 2015, 13:14

Solid PC support there.

On the flipside, at least they're honest.

Nov 20, 2015, 11:51
El Pit

Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 11:51
Nov 20, 2015, 11:51
 El Pit

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

Nov 20, 2015, 09:46
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 09:46
Nov 20, 2015, 09:46

HoSpanky wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 03:07:
I'm annoyed that they aren't adding support for it. Currently, ARK and Rocket League also lack SLI support, but you guys aren't losing your shit over that every time there's a post about either game. Why not? Because you're all SO EXCITED to have a punching bag, that's why. They didn't completely fix the game, no. But it runs super smoothly on a single 970 (and over 12gb of ram), which is quite acceptable.

Did either of those games promise SLI? Do either of them have the resources that WBIE do? And you do know ARK is still in alpha right? So yeah, people being mad at WBIE is more than fair. So take a pill.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Nov 20, 2015, 09:27
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 09:27
Nov 20, 2015, 09:27

Krovven wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:21:
Have YOU played the game? Or do you just open up and swallow WorthABuy's shit?

/giggle

No, in point of fact, I haven't. I'm not saying your wrong if you subjectively like the game though... But my opinion on the game was formed long before I got a good laugh out of watching someone beat the combat by spamming one button with a glove puppet.

The person to whom I was responding was going on about how it's 'not that bad'. Well, empirically, if you can beat a fight by spamming one fucking button with the aforementioned glove puppet, the game is really that bad. No, it really is. If you enjoy no challenge games where the biggest difficulty is that you may be too uncoordinated to spam one button, who am I stop you throwing your money down the toilet? But that doesn't make the game good. Much like getting shat on isn't awesome just because some masochists get off on it.

A dev that can't fix rain textures being broken since latest patch
Nov 20, 2015, 07:52
A dev that can't fix rain textures being broken since latest patch Nov 20, 2015, 07:52
Nov 20, 2015, 07:52

Is probably not a dev that has any idea how to add sli support to one of the best supported engines on the planet (UE3)

And hey, it's the last Batman game, you know it, they know it, they don't give a fuck anymore about anyone who owns this.

Ps.: Yes, that means rain is totally fucking broken in current PC version.

And we have still have defenders of this dev here.. classic

Nov 20, 2015, 07:37
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 07:37
Nov 20, 2015, 07:37

Krovven wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 05:21:
Uhhhh, somebody doesnt like a game i like. Hurrdurr, bwaaaa!

Nov 20, 2015, 05:21
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 05:21
Nov 20, 2015, 05:21

Asmodai wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 04:54:
I was playing it yesterday, and it was running really well. So I fired up nvidia inspector and was surprised to see that the second card was doing nothing. I had everything turned up to max except interactive smoke/fog. Now that I know that they won't add SLI support, I'm gonna set that second card as physx and try the smoke/fog on.

I'm annoyed that they aren't adding support for it. Currently, ARK and Rocket League also lack SLI support, but you guys aren't losing your shit over that every time there's a post about either game. Why not? Because you're all SO EXCITED to have a punching bag, that's why. They didn't completely fix the game, no. But it runs super smoothly on a single 970 (and over 12gb of ram), which is quite acceptable.

Face it, nothing will ever, ever be enough with this game for you guys. It could cause money to spontaneously appear in your wallet every time you played and all you'd say is "remember how broken it was when it came out? fuck those guys!". I got it free, so there's no refund for me anyway, but in its CURRENT state, I'd have been happy with it. Launch? Fuck no, but they DID make it (mostly) right. It's in far better shape than Unity was left in, or ACS is in right now, but you guys aren't losing your fucking minds over that. Why not?

Edit: you guys are poking a LITTLE at ACS, but nowhere NEAR at Arkham Knight levels. You're all looking at possible fixes, not condemning the devs.

I'm just going to leave this here. Enjoy your feeling of moral superiority ya bunny...

https://youtu.be/j30PKp_Wub0?t=326

Make sure you pay close attention to the co-host playing the combat section (on a gamepad mind you). Feel free to watch the rest of the vid as well if you really feel like exposing yourself to another view of the game...

Then tell us again that the only problem with the game is that it's current state is "mostly right". It's shovelwear with Batman, but as long as people are willing to eat shit sandwiches and call em BLT's, guess it doesn't matter... ; )

Nov 20, 2015, 04:54
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 04:54
Nov 20, 2015, 04:54

I was playing it yesterday, and it was running really well. So I fired up nvidia inspector and was surprised to see that the second card was doing nothing. I had everything turned up to max except interactive smoke/fog. Now that I know that they won't add SLI support, I'm gonna set that second card as physx and try the smoke/fog on.

Face it, nothing will ever, ever be enough with this game for you guys. It could cause money to spontaneously appear in your wallet every time you played and all you'd say is "remember how broken it was when it came out? fuck those guys!". I got it free, so there's no refund for me anyway, but in its CURRENT state, I'd have been happy with it. Launch? Fuck no, but they DID make it (mostly) right. It's in far better shape than Unity was left in, or ACS is in right now, but you guys aren't losing your fucking minds over that. Why not?

Edit: you guys are poking a LITTLE at ACS, but nowhere NEAR at Arkham Knight levels. You're all looking at possible fixes, not condemning the devs.

I'm just going to leave this here. Enjoy your feeling of moral superiority ya bunny...

https://youtu.be/j30PKp_Wub0?t=326

Make sure you pay close attention to the co-host playing the combat section (on a gamepad mind you). Feel free to watch the rest of the vid as well if you really feel like exposing yourself to another view of the game...

Then tell us again that the only problem with the game is that it's current state is "mostly right". It's shovelwear with Batman, but as long as people are willing to eat shit sandwiches and call em BLT's, guess it doesn't matter... ; )

Nov 20, 2015, 03:07
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 03:07
Nov 20, 2015, 03:07

Nov 20, 2015, 02:32
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 20, 2015, 02:32
Nov 20, 2015, 02:32

This was a great end to the series, on console (well, ps4 is all I can personally vouch for, I imagine X1 port isn't quite as good but that's a guess). I played through twice and aced most the challenge maps in an age where I don't even finish most games anymore.

What a sad mess. Anyone who wants it gets a refund so no harm done but it's just f'n sad, I'm sure lots of fans will never get to see it played out due to principals/PC snobbery because of this and that sucks.

Nov 19, 2015, 23:40
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 23:40
Nov 19, 2015, 23:40

Overon wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 20:58:
The fade away begins.

Yep, and if people were smart they would start saying "f away" people responsible for Arkham PC as well. Open eyes.
"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"

Nov 19, 2015, 23:38
Re: No Arkham Knight Multi-GPU Support Nov 19, 2015, 23:38
Nov 19, 2015, 23:38

Stop supporting companies that release pile of junk without any testing, take months to fix it and then on top say they are unable/will not support multi gpu in the end as well. They should stick to consoles only.
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older