Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Fallout 4 Patch Plans

Bethesda.net reflects on the launch of Fallout 4, thanking fans who have purchased the RPG sequel. They acknowledge the game shipped with a number of bugs, and outline plans to address these, saying they will patch the Windows edition first, saying this will begin with the first beta patch on Steam next week:

It's true that the freedom our games offer you can lead to unintentional consequences that are sometimes bad, when the game combines too many unexpected elements at once. Given the scale and complexity of the systems at work, especially when allowing you to build your own settlements, we're happy that Fallout 4 is our most robust and solid release ever, and we'd like to thank our amazing QA staff who worked as hard as anyone to break the game so we could fix it during development. But a hundred testers will never replicate the many millions playing the game now, and we're hard at work addressing the top issues.

Our process for updating the game will include releasing a beta patch on Steam, followed by full release on PC, then release on the consoles. This process has worked well for us in the past and allows us to get more fixes out faster. Expect to see more updates, that are smaller and more frequent, than a few big ones. This allows us to make sure each fix is working right, as any change can have unintentional side effects in a game this huge. We expect the first beta patch to be up next week.

View
63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

63. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2015, 14:03 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 06:51:
You're not even trying if you only found 3 suits. The game gives you 2 in the first 10 hours, one literally and the other is sitting right near the starting area.

What am I not even trying? Finding suits? If that's what you mean, then you're correct -- if I run into them, I bring them back to Sanctuary. I'm not actively trying to find them, indeed.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

62. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2015, 12:57 Retired

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 06:51:
You're not even trying if you only found 3 suits. The game gives you 2 in the first 10 hours, one literally and the other is sitting right near the starting area.

If you follow the story. I have only found the one in the story line. I have found 2 others, but I cannot access them.

61. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2015, 06:51 Megalodon

60. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 22, 2015, 04:31 Quinn

Retired wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 20:10:
Kind of a spoiler map, but shows where to get all power ups, including armours. There are I guess 50? Power Armours. So I am excited to make a monument to power armour in Sanctuary.

I'm like 50 hours in and only found 3 suits! Apart from the performance issue one other tiny gripe I have is that it looks like it's balanced for consoles or something. I slice through this game like a warm knife through butter, even after cranking it up to Very Hard.

The Luck trait is crazy good. Crazy good!

This comment was edited on Nov 22, 2015, 04:37.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

59. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 23:50 Megalodon

Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 19:25:
You frustrate me horribly. You are not listening. I decided to override because if I didn't, the issues I'd encounter would be even worse.

I'm done with you, tbh. I'm talking to a wall. An angry, annoying wall.

Now you understand how everyone else on this place feels when dealing with your posts on a regular basis. This is why you went 50 rounds over a price issue and can't interact with anyone normally. There's your homework for the weekend, get started.

58. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 20:10 Retired

Kind of a spoiler map, but shows where to get all power ups, including armours. There are I guess 50? Power Armours. So I am excited to make a monument to power armour in Sanctuary.  

57. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 19:25 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 13:10:
Quinn wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 08:31:
So, yeah.. as you so charmingly express: GTFO with that shit. "I have no issues, ergo everything is great and the problem is you" is one of the biggest fallacies people trap themselves in.

You experiencing a problem doesn't mean its everyones responsibility to fix or listen to your whining, especially when you're a rude little monkey about it. Go fix your own shit, you consciously decided to override the defaults knowing the consequences and you get to deal with it by waiting for a patch or changing it back.

You frustrate me horribly. You are not listening. I decided to override because if I didn't, the issues I'd encounter would be even worse.

I'm done with you, tbh. I'm talking to a wall. An angry, annoying wall.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

56. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 16:49 Dacron

I've found so many power armor suits (as well as pick pocketing fusion cores out of raiders power armor to steal them) that I had to space them out across sanctuary. 15 suits with different armors, my settlement and npcs in it really brought the frames down when they were all together.

I found a "x-01" suit of armor the other day, so my collection is complete. Other than a few missing left legs, I have 1 of every suit now.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

55. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 14:17 Undocumented Alien

Yea, 22 hours in. Made lots of mistakes, but was fun to figure stuff out. I haven't even been to Diamond City and haven't taken the "Castle". I have 9 settlements.

Haven't even scratched the surface. Haven't found any additional power armour. Game has crazy amounts of data/stuff/quests/fun.

I've started in the top left (NW) edge of the map where Sanctuary is and just started scanning the map from West to East in rows heading South. I've identified a ton of location icons, some of which I can't yet touch until I increase my level. Found my first Super Mutants last night and bravely ran away

I only have two sets of power armor and 3 settlements. Tons of cores though.

Enjoying my sniper so far!

This comment was edited on Nov 21, 2015, 14:25.

54. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 13:10 Megalodon

So, yeah.. as you so charmingly express: GTFO with that shit. "I have no issues, ergo everything is great and the problem is you" is one of the biggest fallacies people trap themselves in.

You experiencing a problem doesn't mean its everyones responsibility to fix or listen to your whining, especially when you're a rude little monkey about it. Go fix your own shit, you consciously decided to override the defaults knowing the consequences and you get to deal with it by waiting for a patch or changing it back.

53. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 11:12 Retired

Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 14:31:
Creston wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 13:18:
I'm afraid I'll jinx myself, but other than dogmeat disappearing from time to time (thank God for the placeatme command), occasionally not seeing my hand/weapons (fixed by just switching weapons while in 3rd person mode) and the age-old issue of small items falling through the bigger items I've put them on (DAMMIT, BETHESDA!!) the game has been freaking flawless for me.

50+ hours, and it hasn't crashed ONCE. I've had Bethesda's games crash on me since Morrowind. Frequent, frequent crashes, to the point where their games have made me the "Quicksave every 2 minutes" monster that I am now.

FO4? IT.JUST.RUNS.

Please don't break my game with your patch, Bethesda. PLEEEAASE.

(In fact, I may just not update it until I've at least finished it once.)

Same boat, about 20 hours in, been good so far with pretty much the same small problems.

Yea, 22 hours in. Made lots of mistakes, but was fun to figure stuff out. I haven't even been to Diamond City and haven't taken the "Castle". I have 9 settlements.

Haven't even scratched the surface. Haven't found any additional power armour. Game has crazy amounts of data/stuff/quests/fun.

Probably not going to update until I finish it once as well. It works, no game breaking items found yet. No issues at ALL!

Tip. Tell dog where to go, or to wait if he gets in the way. I usually run towards him so that he attacks the guy chasing me, knocks him down, then I pummel the guy.

52. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Nov 21, 2015, 11:09 Retired

Pr()ZaC wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 06:05:
Frijoles wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 23:43:
They should use some of the profits from the game to buy keyboards and mice for everyone. It's clear nobody in Beth's imaginary QA department has one. Now how do I exit this window? Is it tab? Escape? E? Fuck if I know. Press all the buttons. Skyrim wasn't as bad as the shit going on in FO4. It's like one of their employees got pissed and deliberately fucked up all the keybinding code.

Mods can't get here soon enough. And yeah, Dogmeat pissed me off with getting in the way, so I ditched him and went with the no companion perk. No regrets.
QFT!

I had an odd bug where the Minutemen were pissed off at me even though I didn't do anything. I had to start the game over to finish the damned mirelurk-cleaning quest.

Dog doesn't count as a companion.

51. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 10:47 El Pit

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 08:21:
Zip your trap junior unless you wanna us to get real. Some of us defended your poorly written shit heap of a post because we believe in the platform but that doesn't give you license to mouth off everyone else. You spent 50 posts the other day arguing about a price that you knew was wrong because you failed to read before posting so you can GTFO with that shit.

Wow, wow there, boy. Easy now! That whole example you mention was another classic case of people reading like an ass-hat and completely missing my point and/or turning the point into something else entirely with cheap debate tricks I have already mentioned. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't talk shit. Read. Think. Respond.

"Fallout 4 is not a bad port" is a subjective statement that sounds like utter fucking bullshit for the people who are actually experiencing issues that, to some, can be considered game-breaking. We're talking about issues where people with lower end PCs have better performance than people who invest 1,5k into their system every 3 years. So, yeah.. as you so charmingly express: GTFO with that shit. "I have no issues, ergo everything is great and the problem is you" is one of the biggest fallacies people trap themselves in.

Are you working for Sony? Or Microsoft's XBox department?

They're waiting for you, Gabe, in the test chamber!

50. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 08:31 Quinn

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 08:21:
Zip your trap junior unless you wanna us to get real. Some of us defended your poorly written shit heap of a post because we believe in the platform but that doesn't give you license to mouth off everyone else. You spent 50 posts the other day arguing about a price that you knew was wrong because you failed to read before posting so you can GTFO with that shit.

Wow, wow there, boy. Easy now! That whole example you mention was another classic case of people reading like an ass-hat and completely missing my point and/or turning the point into something else entirely with cheap debate tricks I have already mentioned. Don't put words in my mouth. Don't talk shit. Read. Think. Respond.

"Fallout 4 is not a bad port" is a subjective statement that sounds like utter fucking bullshit for the people who are actually experiencing issues that, to some, can be considered game-breaking. We're talking about issues where people with lower end PCs have better performance than people who invest 1,5k into their system every 3 years. So, yeah.. as you so charmingly express: GTFO with that shit. "I have no issues, ergo everything is great and the problem is you" is one of the biggest fallacies people trap themselves in.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

49. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 08:21 Megalodon

Fallout 4 is not a bad port as far as they come and is very stable. They just made a bad decision to tie some systems to the framerate. It's stupid but forgivable when you look at the whole package, especially the extensive mod support that is unheard of these days.

48. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 03:54 Quinn

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Nov 21, 2015, 01:05:
Regardless of any of that, there's still no reason anyone needs to run the game at 90+ fps, and there was no reason for them to spend time making that possible when there were a million other more important things to use that time for.

Game has been running great for me. I have a mid-tier gaming machine (couple year old i7, R9 390, 8GB RAM), and I haven't had any problems with stuttering in or out of the city. Just the weird weapon switch thing, and some strange pipboy graphics glitches when in sneak mode with chameleon armor active

Hopefully the patch fixes things and doesn't create any new issues. I'll probably just let it autoupdate and see how it goes.

The problem with many of you is actually reading, and then thinking, before responding. I make those same mistakes sometimes because I feel too strongly.

Listen carefully. The reason I capped my game to 90fps is because it went fucking nuts if it unintentionally went beyond that. If I used the original fps cap, the input lag would somehow make it look like the game ran at 40fps instead of 72 (which is the actual cap. Not 60.). I did some RESEARCH on the internet, and some geniuses did some tests with shooting assault rifles in the game and realized thst 90fps was the goldilock cap for this game. THAT'S why I capped it at 90fps.

But, you know what fucking sickens me most about some of you? Like.. really makes me wanna throw up in my mouth? The fact that you take the side of a lazy ass dev in the case where the game runs like shit for a PC gamer that invests hard-earned cash in almost the best hardware available.

Just fucking read. Then think. Then respond.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

47. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 21, 2015, 01:05 Wowbagger_TIP

Regardless of any of that, there's still no reason anyone needs to run the game at 90+ fps, and there was no reason for them to spend time making that possible when there were a million other more important things to use that time for.

Game has been running great for me. I have a mid-tier gaming machine (couple year old i7, R9 390, 8GB RAM), and I haven't had any problems with stuttering in or out of the city. Just the weird weapon switch thing, and some strange pipboy graphics glitches when in sneak mode with chameleon armor active

Hopefully the patch fixes things and doesn't create any new issues. I'll probably just let it autoupdate and see how it goes.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

46. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 20:29 NKD

Darks wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 19:01:
The Human eye cant even go beyond that or even keep up. Its pointless and senseless.

Wrong. I wish people would stop parroting this tired old cliche. The human eye doesn't have a frame rate limit because it doesn't see in frames. The eye's responsiveness to changes in light depend on a lot of factors. It's an organic instrument that has persistence and momentum. For example, if you're looking at a bunch of black frames at 1000 FPS in a dark room and someone starts to mix white frames in there occasionally, you'd be able to discern those frames even if they were displayed for 1/1000th of a second or even less.

What's happening on screen, the color palette, contrast, etc, are all going to have an effect on how high you're going to be able to crank the framerate and still notice improvement. There is no magic number. 60hz has no biological significance and wasn't chosen because of the human eye. It's semi-arbitrary shit that comes from old ass NTSC.

The solution to the toxicity of identity politics surely isn't to add white identity politics to the mix.

45. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 20:21 Megalodon

The Human eye cant even go beyond that or even keep up.

This is an internet fallacy with little basis in reality, please read up on it so you don't make the same mistake again.

Case and point, people who are tweaking their system and the game to run outside of what the game was designed for and why it was locked down to 60 in the first place. Gluten's for punishment is what you are.

Glutton. Gluten is a protein found in wheats and grains. The 60fps limitation is a shitty bad first year game dev mistake and not very defensible. If the game was designed for 21.991 FPS and had no framelimiter, would you use the same logic for when it broke on your system? It's also worth noting that some people aren't even attempting to exceed the framerate cap and have been experiencing issues, its a PC launch after all.

Some people have expensive hardware and want games to fully utilize it. I had no idea this was suddenly considered a bad thing. Maybe we should all buy identical hardware and plan our builds so that they don't cause problems for shitty engines? We can call them....CONSOLES.

This comment was edited on Nov 20, 2015, 20:29.

44. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Plans Nov 20, 2015, 19:01 Darks

Quinn wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 18:53:
ventry wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 17:18:
Aero wrote on Nov 19, 2015, 19:27:
I'd say there's about a 75% chance if I use a terminal, I'll get stuck to it. I understand that's common enough to cast some serious doubt over their QA effort.

Well that's the funny thing.
I have never been stuck to a terminal.
My 2 sons have never been stuck to a terminal.
My friends son has never been stuck to a terminal.

It's funny indeed, because the reason some people are getting stuck is because their hardware is "too good". Google it. You're fucked if this game runs above 90fps.

In all seriousness, why do you even need to run the game over 60fps? Your just asking for problems when you guys go outside the prams with this crap. I have none, zero sympathy for anyone who thinks they need to run their game above 60. The Human eye cant even go beyond that or even keep up. Its pointless and senseless.

Case and point, people who are tweaking their system and the game to run outside of what the game was designed for and why it was locked down to 60 in the first place. Gluten's for punishment is what you are.

But hey, keep on telling us the game is broken when its you ass clowns that are breaking it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo