Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed

The Deus Ex Universe website announces August 23, 2016 is now when to expect Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the next installment in the RPG series. The RPG sequel was previously expected on February 23rd, so this represents a delay of precisely six months. Here's the explanation:
As you may have already seen by reading and watching the many previews for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, our aim is for it to be a worthy successor to Human Revolution, and to improve upon that game in every way possible. I know that expectations are extremely high, and we not only want to meet those expectations, but to exceed them.

We're confident and proud of the game so far. However, as we are now playing through the game in full we can see it will require more time in post-production for tuning, iterations, and refinement to meet our high standards. In order to achieve this, we need to move the release of the game to August 23rd, 2016.

We are sorry to disappoint you with this news, and also thank you for all your support and comments. This game is a huge part of our lives, and we don't want to compromised on its quality.

So please be patient with us a little longer, and thanks as always for your passion and support through thick and thin. It's a huge responsibility to work on Deus Ex Mankind Divided we know, but also a huge privilege. We're determined to deliver the best game we can.

David Anfossi Eidos-Montreal Head of Studio
View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 19, 2015, 11:32 Creston

At least it means more time to play Xcom 2 and the second Witcher 3 expansion.

Then between DE:MD and the next ME game late next year, I'm pretty much all set already!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 19, 2015, 07:03 theyarecomingforyou

ItBurn wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 15:59:
From experience, 6 months usually means that there's a pretty fundamental issue in there... Not sure that can be fixed in time. Perhaps they had cut the open city hub thing and realized that the game just wasn't as fun without it...
Other games that were delayed by at least six months: Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2, Unreal Tournament, Alan Wake, Dragon Age: Origins, Starcraft II, Diablo 3, etc. I don't view this as a concern. In fact it's a positive sign, as it means they consider the franchise important - it means they want it to do well so they can continue on to other titles.

8700K @ 4.9GHz / Kraken X62 / 32GB DDR4
GTX 1080 Ti OC / Optane 900P

16. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 19, 2015, 06:26 NetHead

wtf_man wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 15:36:
Translation:
Our PC Port sucks, and we are fully aware of what happens to shitty PC Ports (*Cough* Arkham Knight *Cough*)

I seriously doubt that. You think this dev is going to delay this game (on all platforms) due to bugs or a less than stellar PC port, where the standards are low, buyers suck it up and releasing patches is free. You're either pulling a leg or perhaps just overly or naively optimistic.

Still one can hope for the end result I guess, as far as I'm concerned they can delay it for years if it means it's both good and works well on PC ("works well", here being a very broad term).

I am long since past the point of paying money for games that are either a crappy port or where the game itself isn't up to standards.

The only exclusions to that are cheap indie games or old games for nostalgia sake and I own virtually all I want in the nostalgia category.

15. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 19, 2015, 01:41 GL1zdA

Didn't they offer releasing the game several days earlier when enough people preordered? I guess it's a revenge for those unappreciative of preorders.  

14. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 20:00 Acleacius

They decided to remove jumping again except on hot spots like Thief. It takes more time to get a console game perfect, so they need time to get right, no? Hahaha_no  

people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

13. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 19:10 Kxmode

... Confused ... Freak  

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

12. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 18:03 Creston

... ... Cry

11. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 17:50 NKD

Within six months.  

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

10. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 17:44 Overon

Maybe a lesson was learned form Batman Arkham Knight.  

9. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 17:22 Ray Ban

I had to endure the framerate hitching.

It got better with the patches and vanished completely when "The missing link" was released. Didn't notice anything playing through the Directors cut either.

This just means I get to dedicate february/march to XCOM2.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

8. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 17:14 nin

swaaye wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 17:06:
nin wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 15:55:
Nixxes did a did a great job on the last one. Hopefully they're involved here as well. Also, there's no mention of it being just the pc version.

No, Human Revolution received a number of major patches. The main problem I recall was frame rate hitching when out in the city areas. Some things were fixed and but then came back when they released the Director's Cut because they used old code for some reason.

I'm not saying hitching didn't exist, but I never saw it. Even the leaked press demo ran great on my computer.

7. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 17:06 swaaye

nin wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 15:55:
Nixxes did a did a great job on the last one. Hopefully they're involved here as well. Also, there's no mention of it being just the pc version.

No, Human Revolution received a number of major patches. The main problem I recall was frame rate hitching when out in the city areas. Some things were fixed and but then came back when they released the Director's Cut because they used old code for some reason.

6. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 16:07 CJ_Parker

Probably just means they need more time to cut shit from the game that they will then sell via the season pass.  

5. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 15:59 ItBurn

From experience, 6 months usually means that there's a pretty fundamental issue in there... Not sure that can be fixed in time. Perhaps they had cut the open city hub thing and realized that the game just wasn't as fun without it...  

4. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 15:55 nin

wtf_man wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 15:36:
Translation:

Our PC Port sucks, and we are fully aware of what happens to shitty PC Ports (*Cough* Arkham Knight *Cough*)

3. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 15:36 wtf_man

Translation:

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

2. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 15:34 nin

NeOCidE wrote on Nov 18, 2015, 15:33:
If the end result is a better game.....I'm all for it.

zactly. Better to get it right, than to be a mess on launch day...

1. Re: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Delayed Nov 18, 2015, 15:33 NeOCidE

If the end result is a better game.....I'm all for it.  

Trent Reznor - Atticus Ross an incredible team.

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >