Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

Didn't realize it in time, but a note on VG247 notes that yesterday marked the 11th anniversary of the release of Half-Life 2. I'll avoid taking this as an opportunity to grouse about Half-Life 3 or Episode 3, and just celebrate what a good game that was, as I've lost track of how often I've replayed all or part of that game. Any time you're ready Gordon, we're waiting for you... in the test chamber.

Half-Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Space Wrecked.
10 Pound Challenge.
Story: Charlie Sheen says he has HIV virus, has paid millions to keep it secret.
Science: NASA, Russia working together again on a mission to explore Venus.
High fructose corn syrup goes to court, scientific verdict partly in.
Media: Fallout 4: Real-Life vs. In-Game Boston.
This dog got the shock of her life during surprise reunion.
View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2015, 03:14 jdreyer

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 19:45:
Like I said, I can't imagine Bree was happy when she found out. She also found out yesterday and already has the result back from the test?

In any case, time for Charlie to get his ass sent to jail. WINNING!

There's a Two and a Half Men joke in there somewhere.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2015, 03:12 jdreyer

harlock wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 17:15:
Heaps of scientific data tip toward the side of table sugar, finding that fructose, also called fruit sugar, has negative health effects not caused by other sugars.

pretty fucking ridiculous considering the only reason sugar tastes "sweet" and therefore desirable is because our brains are hardwired to seek fruit, which is one of the most naturally nutritious foods available, and naturally has tons of sugar.. it all works together like that

its not because donuts are healthy - thats not it corps, go fuck yourselves

Well, except that the sugar in naturally occurring fruit (not the super sweet varieties humans have bred over the past few centuries) is pretty dilute, not to mention combined with fiber, vitamins, liquid, etc. There's 39 gr of sugar in a can of Coke. That's the same amount of sugar as eating two large (modern) apples, but without the 9 grams of fiber. The apples our ancestors grew up on would have been less sweet, and you'd have to eat 3 or more to get the amount of sugar in a single can of Coke. When was the last time you downed 3 apples in a sitting?

The point is humans are sensitive to sugar because it is rare/seasonal/dilute in nature. Our ancestors never had access to something as sweet as a Coke. Also, they never ate fructose absent the fruit. Could pure fructose be worse than cane sugar? Absolutely if something in the rest of the fruit was mitigating that negative effect.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 20:19 eRe4s3r

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 19:45:
Cutter wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 16:20:
saluk wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 16:01:
The millions he spent covering it up is concerning, but might lend credence to the idea that he has told his partners.

Still, quite concerning. I wonder who was about to go public anyway that he is getting out in front of.

Bree Olson Angrily Opens up on Charlie Sheen’s HIV Admission: He Never Told Me!

So much for that theory.

Like I said, I can't imagine Bree was happy when she found out. She also found out yesterday and already has the result back from the test?

Rapid HIV test takes around 20minutes and if it has no indication then you don't have HIV. So at least that is plausible.

One of the reasons there is no defense anymore to not get yourself tested if you have worries. And btw, not telling is definitely illegal. Just like you can get fined big-time if you keep Tuberculosis secret if you know you have it.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 19:48 Retired

This dog got the shock of her life during surprise reunion.

whew. Dusty in here....maybe have something in my eye.....that dog knew who it was the second it stepped up there - smelled him. That is amazing. Children and dogs are amazing. Happy to have both in our home.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 19:45 Creston

The millions he spent covering it up is concerning, but might lend credence to the idea that he has told his partners.

Still, quite concerning. I wonder who was about to go public anyway that he is getting out in front of.

So much for that theory.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 17:43 Julio

So much for that theory.

Time for Charlie to do some jail time for breaking the law. At least he won't have to worry about getting HIV from some man loving in prison. Celebrity justice or not?

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 17:15 harlock

Heaps of scientific data tip toward the side of table sugar, finding that fructose, also called fruit sugar, has negative health effects not caused by other sugars.

pretty fucking ridiculous considering the only reason sugar tastes "sweet" and therefore desirable is because our brains are hardwired to seek fruit, which is one of the most naturally nutritious foods available, and naturally has tons of sugar.. it all works together like that

its not because donuts are healthy - thats not it corps, go fuck yourselves

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 16:20 Cutter

So much for that theory.

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 16:01 saluk

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:45:
SlimRam wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 13:04:
Charlie Sheen says he has HIV virus, has paid millions to keep it secret.

I think I would have been more surprised to hear that he DIDN'T have HIV?

WINNING!

Turns out that wasn't tiger blood in him after all.

The timing lines up. I think he had these antics right after finding out.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:45 Agent.X7

WINNING!

Turns out that wasn't tiger blood in him after all.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

12. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:26 NegaDeath

I'd be surprised if HIV was the only thing he had. Strikes me as the sort to have a brew of things cooking inside him. Maybe Simpsons was right and it's the secret to immortality?

11. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:11 Cutter

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 12:36:
I bet Bree Olson and Bibi Jones are just ecstatic about Charlie's news.

I'm sure the guy has banged a ton of trim since he found out without saying a word. He could be, and should be, arrested for that.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:10 InBlack

Alamar wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 12:42:
InBlack wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 09:52:
In before the "rosy-colored glasses" assholes try to ruin some good memories with their stupid shit. Half Life 2 was a genuinely good game. There are games which stand the test of time, HL2 is one of them. As is HL1.

I disagree... Does that make me a "rosy-colored glasses" asshole? : )

Depends on what you disagree with. Do you think that HL1 and 2 weren't good games to begin with or do you think they are shit in hindsight?

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 13:04 SlimRam

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 12:42 Alamar

InBlack wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 09:52:
In before the "rosy-colored glasses" assholes try to ruin some good memories with their stupid shit. Half Life 2 was a genuinely good game. There are games which stand the test of time, HL2 is one of them. As is HL1.

I disagree... Does that make me a "rosy-colored glasses" asshole? : )

7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 12:36 Creston

I bet Bree Olson and Bibi Jones are just ecstatic about Charlie's news.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 11:02 Verno

The Eagles are so disappointing this year. Great team on paper but just can't get it together. The Cowboys without Romo are just sad too. Carolina is still undefeated but they've had a really weak schedule so far. I'm having more fun with the picks this year though, lots of upsets and great games.  

Playing: Beat Saber, Control, Warhammer 2
Watching: Peaky Blinders, Ad Astra, The Office

5. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 10:46 Mr. Tact

Pigeon wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 10:15:
What a horrible week last week was for picks. I don't think I've ever only gotten 4 right. Congratulations to the two who manged to get 7 correct; a number normally expected from random guessing suddenly looking like it could only have come from a pick'em savant.
Yeah, it was a brutal week. Most people moved their excluded week from Week 2 to Week 10.

I got five right and which included picking the Jags who actually should have lost. On the last play of the game, the Ravens were called for a face mask. Since the game can not end on a defensive penalty the Jags were allowed an additional untimed play. They kicked the winning FG. However, on the last timed play, the Jag line was not set. So, it should have been "no play" with a penalty on the Jags, end of the game. The Ravens were robbed of a victory.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 10:45 Cutter

Pigeon wrote on Nov 17, 2015, 10:15:
What a horrible week last week was for picks. I don't think I've ever only gotten 4 right. Congratulations to the two who manged to get 7 correct; a number normally expected from random guessing suddenly looking like it could only have come from a pick'em savant.

Despite getting the pick wrong I can at least take some satisfaction from my home team beating the Bengals last night. A horrible offensive showing for both sides, but Cincinnati didn't count on us bringing out our 4th quarterback of the season, renowned Bengal slayer, T.J. Yates, who made a terrible throw into the end-zone that was expertly caught by our star receiver who routinely drops "easy" passes. Perhaps they shouldn't have concussed Hoyer. Also I hesitate to say it, but our defense looked more like it should, even our easily beat secondary was doing good on coverage and came up with a timely interception and forced fumble.

Yeah I went 5 and 9, ouch. Much as when I hate that happens, it's always good to see things shaken up like a martini. Keeps one on one's toes.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2015, 10:32 Task

The Blue logo also looks like Gordon...Always waiting, always watching (for HL3).  

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >