Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

Jade Empire Free on Origin

Jade Empire Special Edition is now available for free on Origin Games as the newest entry in their "on the house" program (thanks GameInformer). Here's word on the martial arts action/adventure, which was first released in 2005:

When danger threatens, you travel across the world, from the harsh mountains of the Land of Howling Spirits to the lush gardens of the Imperial City.

In your adventures you face powerful human and supernatural foes, learn exotic and magical martial arts, and discover the darkest secrets of the world.

Only by mastering the greatest fighting styles and defeating the most powerful enemies will you earn your place as a master of martial arts in the world of Jade Empire.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 19:23 Kxmode

Great White Shark wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 18:05:
Please don't actually eat at Red Lobster, do your body a favor and have a little more class than that.

You don't sea food differently?

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 4: CHORUS: And now, dear viewers, shall our play go to \ A Planet stark and drear for our next scene. \ Imagine sand and rocks within thy view. \ Prepare thy souls - we fly to Tatooine!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 18:05 Megalodon

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 23:00:
Great White Shark wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 22:50:
Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 20:56:
I don't care if I'm an irritating idiot troll.

You said it, not us.

Shush nooblet before we sell you to Red Lobster by the pound.

Please don't actually eat at Red Lobster, do your body a favor and have a little more class than that.

27. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 17:49 Rigs

Krovven wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 17:42:
Rigs wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 08:19:
Movingalong Ah huh, keep telling yourself that, Krovven. Then at least one person will believe you...

=-Rigs-=

You don't even make sense. Go back to vegging out on your meds.

Hahaha_no I make sense to me and that's all that matters. Besides, you're just jealous that I got the good shit and you're missing out! Drool

=-Rigs-=

This comment was edited on Nov 16, 2015, 19:45.

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'

26. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 17:42 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 08:19:
Movingalong Ah huh, keep telling yourself that, Krovven. Then at least one person will believe you...

=-Rigs-=

You don't even make sense. Go back to vegging out on your meds.

25. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 08:19 Rigs

Rigs wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:41:
Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:11:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 18:10:
Krovven wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:29:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:19:
Bubicus wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 17:11:
Yeah, they changed it to Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge.

Still showing that one for me as well (Red Alert 2 + YR has been free 'On The House' since mid September by the way). No Jade Empire to be seen anywhere (don't personally give a shit).

Well you gave enough of a shit to go looking for it and then post about it.

I got the game on Steam, dude. I only checked out of curiosity because of the reported issues.

Yet, you still cared enough to go look and post about it...and post about it again.

Keep poking that hornets nest, Krovven, I'm sure gold will fall out of it at some point... Pokestick

Not difficult to figure out that I was intentionally poking because his actions contradict his statement.
Much like I don't care what you have to say, I don't care if I'm irritating an idiot troll. It's just not a concern I have.

=-Rigs-=

"I remember feeling profoundly disappointed at the scene when Byeck's missus gives him a hidden blade and says, 'This is a weapon from ancient times!' BITCH, we're IN 'ancient times'!" - Yahtzee, 'Assassin's Creed: Origins'

24. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 03:53 007Bistromath

SlimRam wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 00:11:
If I remember this game correctly, you could actually choose BOTH women at the end and nail them.

That's dirty

I remember thinking it was really amazing at the time. "Wow, they're really showing some courage in displaying relationships outside most peoples' comfort zone."

Years later, Western RPGs are increasingly judged by whether you can fuck all the characters or not and I want to throw all this shit in the garbage. Anime was a mistake.

23. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 16, 2015, 00:11 SlimRam

If I remember this game correctly, you could actually choose BOTH women at the end and nail them.

That's dirty

22. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 23:25 Ant

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 23:00:

You said it, not us.

Mmm, great white shark fins.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

21. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 23:00 The Half Elf

You said it, not us.

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.

20. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 22:50 Megalodon

You said it, not us.

19. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 20:56 Krovven

Rigs wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:41:

Still showing that one for me as well (Red Alert 2 + YR has been free 'On The House' since mid September by the way). No Jade Empire to be seen anywhere (don't personally give a shit).

I got the game on Steam, dude. I only checked out of curiosity because of the reported issues.

Yet, you still cared enough to go look and post about it...and post about it again.

Keep poking that hornets nest, Krovven, I'm sure gold will fall out of it at some point... Pokestick

=-Rigs-=

Not difficult to figure out that I was intentionally poking because his actions contradict his statement.
Much like I don't care what you have to say, I don't care if I'm irritating an idiot troll. It's just not a concern I have.

18. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 20:41 Creston

Showing as $15 (lol) for me too. I already own it on GOG, so eh.

I quite enjoyed Jade Empire, even though it was terribly, terribly small. (world wise, level wise, etc. Of course, it had to run on the 640k of memory that the original Xbox had...) It had a pretty fun story, and still has the best "arena" style series of missions of any game ever. By the end of the arena series in JE you're fighting entire fucking crowds of critters.

They did a lot of work in making different styles and moves for the kung fu, it's just too bad that every single thing could be beaten by doing light kick - light kick - somersault repeat. (though I believe they said they fixed that for the special edition.)

Keep meaning to go replay it at some point, but eh. Maybe when I'm retired.

17. $14.99 Nov 15, 2015, 20:33 Ant

Uh, it shows a price for me. Did I miss it?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

16. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 20:02 harlock

this game was horribly disappointing... i think this was the first game where i realized bioware had gone into totally dumbed-down consoly bullshit  

15. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 19:41 Rigs

=-Rigs-=

14. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 19:41 Devinoch

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 19:25:
Not working for me.

They probably pushed it up a little early, rolled it back, and will push it forward again in the next couple of days. Just keep an eye out, I imagine.

Cliff "Devinoch" Hicks
Host of the Starlight Society Podcast
http://tinyurl.com/starlightsociety/

13. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 19:25 Rattlehead

Not working for me.  

12. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 19:22 crypto

Popcorn

11. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 19:11 Krovven

10. Re: Jade Empire Free on Origin Nov 15, 2015, 18:10 CJ_Parker

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo