Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer

The Mass Effect website now offers a new N7 Day 2015 trailer for Mass Effect, teasing Mass Effect: Andromeda, the upcoming installment in the Mass Effect series of space operas, though this clip is mostly live action footage. It is narrated by Commander Shepard (femshep to be precise), but Eurogamer provoked a confirmation tweet from BioWare Montreal boss Yanick Roy that this is not a reversal, it's just part of their sentimental sendoff for the original Mass Effect Trilogy, as he says: "Plans haven't changed: this is Shepard signing off, wishing you/us godspeed on a new adventure." They also offer some new PDF Explorers Wanted posters to celebrate the occasion.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 8, 2015, 09:05 Acleacius

Nucas wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 07:18:
i don't know how a dumbfuck like walters is calling any shots when you've got people like patrick weekes on the team....
Worship

Patrick and his wife must be on or leading another team. Just another example of ea turning potentially great IPs into generic franchise crap. It's the same bullshit reasons why we can't get all the ME games and DLC on Steam. Middlefinger

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 8, 2015, 07:18 Nucas

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 21:39:
CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 19:34:
+1 to everything you said but, for better or worse, Drew Karpyshyn joined the BioWare Austin studio (SWTOR) and not the folks in Canada who are working on MEA.

Well shit...

I would not give him too much credit anyway. ME2 was pretty damn good but the writing of ME1 and KotOR, which he also was involved in, was nothing to write home about (yes, pun intended Wink ).

I quite liked both ME1 and KotOR. I actually thought the story in ME1 was better than the story of ME2. In any case, he'd still be a thousand times better than that fuckwallet Mac Walters.

i don't know how a dumbfuck like walters is calling any shots when you've got people like patrick weekes on the team.

i liked the overarching plot of ME2 the best, it's just too bad every salient plot point is dropped. collectors are making a human reaper on their own (despite this apparently being the function of the reapers) because..? they experiment on unusual races because..? stars are dying because..?

19. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 8, 2015, 02:00 ledhead1969

Wish this had raids.  

18. No subject Nov 8, 2015, 00:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 21:39:

I quite liked both ME1 and KotOR. I actually thought the story in ME1 was better than the story of ME2. In any case, he'd still be a thousand times better than that fuckwallet Mac Walters.

The story in ME1 was much better than ME2, mainly because it didn't revolve around "Obi-wan kenobi, you're my only hope" go out and save your team members from their own head demons.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

17. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 21:39 Creston

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 19:34:
+1 to everything you said but, for better or worse, Drew Karpyshyn joined the BioWare Austin studio (SWTOR) and not the folks in Canada who are working on MEA.

Well shit...

I would not give him too much credit anyway. ME2 was pretty damn good but the writing of ME1 and KotOR, which he also was involved in, was nothing to write home about (yes, pun intended Wink ).

16. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 20:01 harlock

no, i never said it was possible - but i am wondering if the big boys will try to do it like they do with all successful games... and if they do, what will it look like  

15. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 19:34 CJ_Parker

Creston wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 19:08:
harlock wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 18:56:
i wonder if the new AAA RPGs are gonna try to copy any Witcher 3 type features in some way

Which feature in particular would they copy? I'm being serious, btw. I don't think there's really any gameplay feature that makes the Witcher 3 stand out, is there? (I guess maybe the Witcher Senses gameplay, but that honestly gets very tedious after three or four missions where you use it...)

I think the Witcher 3 is as awesome as it is because of the fact that it has just excellent writing rather than mediocre writing (Hi Bethesda!), treats sidequests as actual quests rather than mindless fucking time filler (Hi Dragon Age!), and in general treats its audience as smart, adult human beings rather than children that need to be patronized to. (Hi just about every other dev in existence!)

Unless you have great writers, it's gonna be hard to copy those things. And of course Mac Walters is in charge again, so buckle up. (Although I hope that Drew Karpyshyn returning will bring some relief.)

14. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 19:10 Slashman

i wonder if the new AAA RPGs are gonna try to copy any Witcher 3 type features in some way

You mean great value for money and respect for their customer base? Doubtful...

13. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 19:08 Creston

Which feature in particular would they copy? I'm being serious, btw. I don't think there's really any gameplay feature that makes the Witcher 3 stand out, is there? (I guess maybe the Witcher Senses gameplay, but that honestly gets very tedious after three or four missions where you use it...)

I think the Witcher 3 is as awesome as it is because of the fact that it has just excellent writing rather than mediocre writing (Hi Bethesda!), treats sidequests as actual quests rather than mindless fucking time filler (Hi Dragon Age!), and in general treats its audience as smart, adult human beings rather than children that need to be patronized to. (Hi just about every other dev in existence!)

Unless you have great writers, it's gonna be hard to copy those things. And of course Mac Walters is in charge again, so buckle up. (Although I hope that Drew Karpyshyn returning will bring some relief.)

12. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 19:03 Creston

Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 17:37:
Apparently there was tequila involved, since my FemShep woke up in bed with Kelly, Jack, Liara and Miranda. Grouphug

I'm going to say that there was tequila involved, but probably outside of the Mass Effect universe. :p

11. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 18:56 harlock

10. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 18:41 CJ_Parker

*Spoilers ahead for peeps who haven't finished ME3 yet*

*You have been warned maggot!*

*Your own dumb fault after this point*

After the completely fucked up ending of ME3 they are going to have to come up with something truly special to rekindle my interest in the franchise.

I'm not even talking about the poor execution and the three button choice but the completely nonsense "explanation" for the harvest.

So just because of an imbalance between organics and non-organics all life, both organic and non-organic, must be eradicated every 50K years in order to start from scratch?

Uuuuhhh... right. Of course! There can not possibly be any other solution, right?

Seriously though... which totally braindead chimp came up with that shit??? It's so completely fucking retarded and an insult to the intelligence of anyone who played the series all the way through. What. The. Fuck.

It's by far the dumbest overarching premise that I have EVER had the misfortune of experiencing in a video game.

And that is the reason why I have extremely little faith in BioWare's ability to reboot Mass Effect. I don't want to spend dozens of hours across several games again only to find out in the end once more from a little kid that I was part of a slapstick comedy gig.

9. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 18:03 Vall Forran

Acleacius wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 17:37:
Apparently there was tequila involved, since my FemShep woke up in bed with Kelly, Jack, Liara and Miranda. Grouphug

You lucky bastard. Er...bitch?

8. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 17:47 SlimRam

Wow.

How...uninformative *sigh*.

7. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 17:37 Acleacius

People can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked
and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.

6. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 17:31 Tipsy McStagger

Fucking love Mass Effect.. Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was AWESOME too. Hoping this builds on what they learned.  

5. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 17:15 ForgedReality

Femshep is original Shep's daughter. It's the same universe. Same timeline. Same reality. Just a new generation. If you play Dudeshep, it's original Shep's son. Simple.  

4. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 16:01 El Pit

Tyrric wrote on Nov 7, 2015, 15:58:
Femshep FTW!

Femshep only in an alternate game universe!

Whatever. MY Shepard took one of the colored final solutions in ME3, and that is where HIS story ended. In this alternate universe, it's a new history.

"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)

3. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 15:58 Tyrric

Femshep FTW!  

2. Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda N7 Day Trailer Nov 7, 2015, 15:39 Vall Forran

My Femshep is still alive, goddammit! JHale for life!  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >