Ubisoft Financials

Ubisoft has released their latest financial reporting, covering the first half of their fiscal 2015-2016 year. They report an "above target" €207.3 million in sales, a growing proportion of revenue from the digital segment, and confirm their full year targets. "The quality of our back-catalog and the growing digitization of our business enabled us to deliver a solid performance in the first half of the year, even though – as planned – we did not release any major titles during the period explains CEO Yves Guillemot. "The fact that more than 80% of our annual sales are expected to be generated in the second half of the year mechanically weighed on our earnings for the first six months."
View : : :
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Ubisoft Financials
Nov 5, 2015, 09:58
Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 5, 2015, 09:58
Nov 5, 2015, 09:58

First, I'm not a console consumer so I don't really give a fuck at all who wins in the console space (as long as it isn't Microsoft who would kill PC gaming if they were dominating).

Secondly, come on, dude, we're still a very, very, very far cry from "lack of competition". It's just super-nice to see a shitty product and shitty business practices fail hard.
I'm also not at all concerned about PS4 console dominance. Sony have always been doing their own thing on the PS4. They have never actively sabotaged and crapped all over PC gaming like Microsoft.

Also, with the way MS has been treating PC gamers like lepers since years in favor of their retarded Shitbox, numbers like these are simply glee heaven.

Finally, even if it's unlikely as hell, but with the Shitbox tanking, MS might actually wake up now and remember that PC gamers exist.
Yeah I know I'm dreaming.... in reality they will do the opposite thing and try to pull off more Tomb Raider deals in total desperation to boost their Shitbox sales.

Nov 5, 2015, 09:51
Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 5, 2015, 09:51
Nov 5, 2015, 09:51

descender wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 09:06:
The lack of competition for Sony doesn't help you as a consumer in any way at all.
In fact, a monopoly of any kind does never benefits the consumer, it only means the company has all the leverage to put any prices they want on their product, and we all know the prices aren't going to go down in that case.

Nov 5, 2015, 09:06
Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 5, 2015, 09:06
Nov 5, 2015, 09:06

The lack of competition for Sony doesn't help you as a consumer in any way at all.

Nov 5, 2015, 09:05
Re: Ubisoft Financials Nov 5, 2015, 09:05
Nov 5, 2015, 09:05

Wow the Xbone is tanking hard. It's even dropped from 15% to 12% year over year. Music to my ears'n'eyes!
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older