Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Op Ed

Smart Speak - Star Citizen – Interstellar Pirates.

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 21:04 The Raven

Derek is an ass, and as a person who also created a badly playing crappy space game that promised long and delivered short, a hypocrite. He revels in the publicity his public mud slinging provides.

That doesn't mean Star Citizen isn't a poorly managed, overpriced bag of hot air.

Dreaming Demon, formerly Tikatt, formerly The Raven
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Op Ed No factual rebuttal to DS Nov 5, 2015, 10:15 Zor

Bub wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 06:54:
...as they have no factual rebuttal to the copious damming information he provides.
You mean allegations, right? That's all he's offered, realistically.

19. Re: Op Ed No factual rebuttal to DS Nov 5, 2015, 09:42 nin

gray wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 09:37:
Golder wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 07:35:
Fan boys of CR can only resort to slinging mud at DS, as they have no factual rebuttal to the copious damming information he provides.

That whole Gizmondo thing is very telling.

Fan boys, if you really want to 'help CR' you should buy some more jpegs of ships that will never exist in any other form, unless of course even you are starting to question if your money might bring a better return elsewhere.
I didn't even buy the game but there's something fishy going on between DS and CR and airing your dirty laundry in public like this helps no one, neither DS, neither CR and none of the supporters of both parties.
my 2cents

I actually wanted to read this as I've not read any of the other posts, but it's just so sensationalised I can't get through it. If the case is so damning simply stating the facts would suffice.

That's not dreks way. He thinks he's the hero in a Michael Bay film.

18. Re: Op Ed No factual rebuttal to DS Nov 5, 2015, 09:37 gray

Golder wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 07:35:
Fan boys of CR can only resort to slinging mud at DS, as they have no factual rebuttal to the copious damming information he provides.

Fan boys, if you really want to 'help CR' you should buy some more jpegs of ships that will never exist in any other form, unless of course even you are starting to question if your money might bring a better return elsewhere.
I didn't even buy the game but there's something fishy going on between DS and CR and airing your dirty laundry in public like this helps no one, neither DS, neither CR and none of the supporters of both parties.
my 2cents

I actually wanted to read this as I've not read any of the other posts, but it's just so sensationalised I can't get through it. If the case is so damning simply stating the facts would suffice.

17. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 09:16 Tumbler

All of the above schemes are just a small example of how this entire project – which was deemed to be fully funded back in 2013 – has been all about making money. Nothing more. Nothing less.

It seems to be a lot more than just making money. He's describing things like the ship sales are all that is happening and that's laughable. What kicked this whole thing off was the fps module delay for crying out loud. How do u even make that argument in the first place? There is already something playable and many of the ships that started as concepts are now playable.

This guy is an ass.

16. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 07:51 harlock

WHEN LOS ANGELES COUNTY sheriff's deputy David Huelsen arrived at the scene of the accident, he thought Eriksson must be the luckiest person alive. That the man was standing by the side of the road after a crash of such intensity was an astonishing testament to Ferrari craftsmanship. The cherry red Enzo had sheared in half on impact with the pole, its back end blasting apart like a roadside bomb. "Multiple pieces of what appeared to be a vehicle," as Huelsen put it, were spread across the length of four football fields. The chaparral and creosote along the shoulder of the road were riddled with fragments of smoking auto parts, and the shattered power pole dangled from sagging wires like the stiffened corpse of a hanged man. The Enzo's carbon-fiber passenger compartment, though, was perfectly intact, a protective womb of inflated airbags from which the 44-year-old Eriksson had emerged with nothing but a split lip.

duuuuuuude

15. Re: Op Ed No factual rebuttal to DS Nov 5, 2015, 07:35 Golder

my 2cents

14. Re: Op Ed No factual rebuttal to DS Nov 5, 2015, 06:54 Bub

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

13. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 06:35 Kalthorn

People should always listen for themselves, it's the only way to know who's lying. I mean, I agree that keeping up with this story is a poor use of time, but telling folks "Don't Listen!" like Navi doesn't help people to reach their own decision for a given situation.

Plus, aren't you kind of doing the same thing as DS but on a smaller scale? Using a billion fewer words than him, thankfully, but then again he is actually providing a smidge of information.

12. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 06:03 SunnyD

Golder wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 03:36:
Kosumo wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 03:22:
Golder wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 02:46:
People need to stop listening to this clown, he will stop talking when no one is left to listen to him.

I would not be that sure.
Alas, the problem with internet is that this kind of people will ALWAYS have someone listening to them.

I actually appreciated the link to the Gizmondo debacle, pretty screwy story. I like the part where the one guy was all, 'It hadta be a Ferrari...'. I remember that news item, but didn't know about all the fun background stuff. TIL.

~Finis~

11. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 03:36 Golder

Kosumo wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 03:22:
People need to stop listening to this clown, he will stop talking when no one is left to listen to him.

Alas, the problem with internet is that this kind of people will ALWAYS have someone listening to them.

10. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 03:32 InBlack

descender wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 21:13:
You all know that dicksmarts probably submits this stuff himself.

Blue, it's time to stop giving this lying asshole a soapbox.

As oposed to the lying asshole Chris Roberts? How bout we put those two lying assholes in a ring and see who is the better and more powerful liar. The biggest nose wins.

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 03:22 Kosumo

8. Re: Op Ed Nov 5, 2015, 02:46 Golder

7. Re: Op Ed Nov 4, 2015, 21:13 descender

You all know that dicksmarts probably submits this stuff himself.

Blue, it's time to stop giving this lying asshole a soapbox.

6. Re: Op Ed Nov 4, 2015, 20:20 jdreyer

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 19:48:
Life is too short to click on dumb links. See what I did there. Nope, not gona do it, especially with the thought of him making 0.0001¢ cents per click.
Hey why are you denying him funding for Line of Defense?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Op Ed Nov 4, 2015, 19:54 Drayth

Just when the Popular Threads was starting to clear out...

Round 32: FIGHT!

4. Re: Op Ed Nov 4, 2015, 19:48 RedEye9

Life is too short to click on dumb links. See what I did there. Nope, not gona do it, especially with the thought of him making 0.0001¢ cents per click.  

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell.”

3. Re: Op Ed Nov 4, 2015, 19:46 The Half Elf

Ya know.. if Derek Smart had some help from The Smoking Gun and Anon. I'd really like to know more details.

This is even better then those EVE Online stories where people take years to infiltrate a corp and dismantle it in a day.

I got my popcorn ready!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

2. Re: Op Ed Nov 4, 2015, 19:31 harlock

To fully catch up, you will have read all my related blogs (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7) in chronological order; as well as the numerous articles written thus far. And you most certainly wouldn’t want to miss The Escapist article from back in October. That article, is the one that finally sparked a much heated, highly libelous and inflammatory diatribe from Chris Roberts and which, if nothing else, showed the world the sort of person we collectively trusted with over $94m to build a dream game. And anyone who read my most recent (# 6 & 7) blogs which showed legal letters between my attorneys and Ortwin Freyermuth (a media attorney and partner in this project) already has a pretty good idea of who these people are that we’re dealing with.

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >