Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Leaked Fallout 4 Footage

Eurogamer.net points the way to some leaked Fallout 4 gameplay videos on Pastebin, saying they appear to be from the Xbox One edition of the upcoming RPG sequel. We did not view these, as we're not interested in possible spoilers, but those curious to check these out should be aware that visiting the link triggered a malware warning from our antivirus software, so you might want to proceed with caution. For those of us waiting for the full game, the wait won't be too bad, as the release is expected a week from tomorrow.
View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 14:16 Quinn

Dacron wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 13:49:
Quinn wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 06:51:

From the few stuff I've seen I can deduct that "the armor" will not be the usual kind of armor. I think it will not be for exploration. It's too tank'ish for it with a too cumbersome HUD. I'm not sure how they will implement it into the game exactly, but in this way it wouldn't matter if you get it early on.

From another site -

Fusion cores are required to power the Power Armor. These fusion cores have a finite amount of energy and will run out. There’s a perk that will extend the length of time that each given fusion core will last.

I think that's cool.

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 13:49 Dacron

Quinn wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 06:51:

From the few stuff I've seen I can deduct that "the armor" will not be the usual kind of armor. I think it will not be for exploration. It's too tank'ish for it with a too cumbersome HUD. I'm not sure how they will implement it into the game exactly, but in this way it wouldn't matter if you get it early on.

From another site -

Fusion cores are required to power the Power Armor. These fusion cores have a finite amount of energy and will run out. There’s a perk that will extend the length of time that each given fusion core will last.

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

33. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 09:02 gravity

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 06:09:
InBlack wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 03:06:
So...you get the armor in the first hour of the game and then what? Spend the rest of the game upgrading it? Cos fuck that shit. That's not item progression, thats LAZY GAME DESIGN. *sigh* I hope you are wrong about this...

Just remember man...consolitis.

JESUS. That left-hand screenshot! "It puts the CON-SOLE.. in the games... and gets the QUA-LUUUUDE..." nevermind...

32. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 06:51 Quinn

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 06:09:
So...you get the armor in the first hour of the game and then what? Spend the rest of the game upgrading it? Cos fuck that shit. That's not item progression, thats LAZY GAME DESIGN. *sigh* I hope you are wrong about this...

"F!#& YOU, MISSILE!"

31. No subject Nov 3, 2015, 06:09 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

30. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 03:06 InBlack

Task wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 18:54:
Quest to get Power Armor is no longer a drawn out "thinky use your brain" quest. It literally takes place in the first hour of gameplay to go on a Power Trip.

I have a nifty blue line!

29. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 03:03 InBlack

Screw the graphics, did any of you people 'watch' the actual videos? Did you listen to the dialogue? It's fucking cringeworthy, trying too hard to be darkly humorous and failing hard. The voice acting is...well shit. Not to mention the logical fallacies in the first 15 minutes of the game.

I love the part where the hero and his family arrive to the Vault and the soldier guys are turning away people and the hero says, "were on the list", and the soldier says: Yeah, male, female, infant...go in! Oh my god, what is that? Is that supposed to be funny? Cos its stupid is what it is, its not funny. /facepalm.

Awful, awful, awful. If the rest of the game is as terrible as the intro it's going to be godawful.

Disclaimer: Fallout2 had an awful first half-hour of the game. Those caves were terrible, but they had very little dialogue.

I have a nifty blue line!

28. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 02:07 Dacron

After seeing screens I don't want to see a low res video of it. I will wait the 7 days, then enjoy it myself.  

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

27. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 3, 2015, 00:49 KilrathiAce

https://vid.me/kjthemonarch  

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

26. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 21:37 Retired

DangerDog wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 14:42:
Retired wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 11:29:
Watching the videos didn't change me wanting to wait......how come it looks like Black Ops 2 Nuketown? Annoying. Sure is a bright and beautiful place for a fallout game. I don't like the art direction.

You actually want everything to be cast in a green hue? I imagine you can go that route with one of the graphics injectors, most people go out of their way to remove that sort of thing though.

There was noticeable hitching whenever an enemy AI started attacking, the console version is also locked at 30fps.

No, it was shorthand for discounting a console trick used in CoDAW and Blops2 on the console. Make FLAT colors, less depth, less resources.

The problem is this lack of detail, depth, and quality gets moved directly over to the PC with zero work on improving assets. Game looks like shit, but hay it runs at 30 fps!

Another reason why this is a wait and see, and also waiting for huge sale and modders to get a hold of it in Spring. Load up first time with super awesome modded assets, advanced/improved GUI, other fixes, balancing, etc., and it will be worth the price I pay.

MOST "AAA" games the first 6 months are total crap. It is unreal what people will lap up. Hard to support these studios when CDProjekt and other indie houses are putting out 10x product at a fraction of the price and support the community ability.

25. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 18:54 Task

Finally had time to watch it.

- pro: Gun combat, as seen before, looks fine - in fact better than FO3/NV, which is due to id Software actually telling them how to make it look not shit (I imagine it would still look bad if they didn't ask for tips on how to make it not look stiff/unrealistic).

- the bad: the lip sync looks off (weird facial animation work - no where close to Witcher 3, which was done by hand), plastic expressionless sort of faces with a touch of uncanny?, the vague 2-3 word dialogue choices is still there, voice work isn't all that great, the dog is predictably a bullet sponge+aggro making combat easier due it being invincible, Super Mutants are just things to shoot at, AI pathing is wonky/janky, the VATs 'cinema' kill camera is sometimes blocked by objects, etc.

Other: I wonder if you don't run to the Vault, does the bomb go off anyway (as in does the game do that unrealistic 'wait for you' nonsense?)

Wouldn't staring at a Nuke bomb going off be BAD and turn you into melted butter like Sarah Connor's dream? I mean even people that survived the War Crimes of bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki suffered for the rest of their lives.

I read that someone was able to work out what the Perks do and some of them are indeed Skyrimified and overpowered (Rank 5 Rifleman, non-automatic rifle damage +30% damage, ignore 30% target armor; Rank 5 Medic: One Stimpack Full Heal Easymode; Bloody Mess Rank 5: Kill one enemy, that enemy exploding has chance of automatically killing nearby enemies).

Quest to get Power Armor is no longer a drawn out "thinky use your brain" quest. It literally takes place in the first hour of gameplay to go on a Power Trip.

This comment was edited on Nov 2, 2015, 19:08.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

24. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 17:39 MeanJim

I'm less excited about this now. They've turned it into less of an RPG and more of an FPS. The voiced character is bad enough, but if you can't turn off the talking to yourself shit, I don't think I could play this. I don't want to "hear" my toon thinking whenever I look at items.  

MeanJim on Steam

23. No subject Nov 2, 2015, 16:05 Mashiki Amiketo

Can't really say I'm anymore excited than before, if anything the entire thing looks kinda meh, especially with the on-going non-descriptive text selections.  

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

22. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 14:42 DangerDog

Watching the videos didn't change me wanting to wait......how come it looks like Black Ops 2 Nuketown? Annoying. Sure is a bright and beautiful place for a fallout game. I don't like the art direction.

You actually want everything to be cast in a green hue? I imagine you can go that route with one of the graphics injectors, most people go out of their way to remove that sort of thing though.

There was noticeable hitching whenever an enemy AI started attacking, the console version is also locked at 30fps.

21. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 13:08 heroin

Eh, I pre-ordered this a long time ago. It looks cool to some degree but after playing every Bethesda game I'm not much excited about this yet even after watching all 4 videos. If they went back to the classic Fallout style, with really, really good writing, with many many different ways of solving quests then I'd be more excited. Wasteland 2 didn't slob my knob enough in this respect.  

20. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 12:56 jacobvandy

I haven't seen the video(s), but from some of the reactions, whoever was recording hasn't reached any "dreary" areas yet. Bethesda has shown a bunch of different environments, including a major one that is your stereotypically devastated, covered in dense nuclear fog wasteland. People bitched to NO END about previous games being completely covered by that sort of atmosphere, so they took that criticism to heart and gave us a variety this time...  

19. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 12:48 Fion

The patient isn't doing so well Doc.

I'm gonna need another 20 cc's of FoV, a 2k texture drip and a PC HUD work-up STAT!

In all seriousness the graphics are greatly improved, this is the Xbox One version at 720p compressed video. It's gonna look much better in person and still a significant improvement over FO3. Besides that, this is Bethesda's Creation Engine, not one known for bleeding edged graphics. They clearly prefer aesthetics over shear fidelity.

No virus detection with Antivir here.

18. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 12:35 Jerykk

intermarer wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 10:55:
Jeez, this looked kinda... crappy. Has the graphics been upgraded at all?

Yes. Textures are higher-res, meshes have more polygons, exteriors actually have shadows and lighting is much improved all around.

17. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 12:30 Darks

Geist wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 11:52:

When FO3 came out, everyone complained about too much green. When New Vegas came out, everyone complained about too much brown. Now with FO4, people are complaining about too much color.

I wouldn't say its to much color, I just expected it to be a bit more dreary. overcast ed sky's from the fallout and nukes. and would like to see some raging electrical storm's and stuff like in STALKER. But the colors are fine to me.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

16. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 12:26 Darks

intermarer wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 10:55:
Jeez, this looked kinda... crappy. Has the graphics been upgraded at all?

You apparently don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Its very evident that the graphics are better. And this is a PS3 display of the game. So get a clue!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >