Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday

A Steam Community Group Announcement unveils the official re-release date for the PC edition of Batman: Arkham Knight is October 28th, saying this will be accompanied by a patch for owners of the game to add all the non-exclusive content already available for the console editions of the action adventure (thanks PC Invasion). They don't actually say so, but presumably this patch will address the multitude of woes that caused WBIE to pull the game from sale back in June shortly after release. Here's word:
At 10 am PDT, Oct. 28th, Batman: Arkham Knight will be re-released for the PC platform. At the same time we’ll also be releasing a patch that brings the PC version fully up-to-date with content that has been released for console (with the exception of console exclusives).

This means that next week, all PC players will have access to Photo Mode, Big Head Mode, Batman: Arkham Asylum Batman Skin, and character selection in combat AR challenges. Season Pass holders will have access to all content released since launch, including:

AR Challenges
• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #1
o Financial Crash
o Deconstruction
o Assault on GCPD
o Teen Titan
o Cat’s Conundrum
o Newton’s Cradle

• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #2
o High Interest
o Uncontainable
o Sky High
o Feline Frenzy
o Armored Assault
o Flying Grayson

• Crime Fighter Challenge Pack #3
o Chemical Reaction
o Stage Fright
o Cauldron Speedway TT
o Guardians
o Precinct
o Vertigo

Batmobile Race Tracks
• Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Track #1: Batcave Set
• Batman Classic TV Series Batmobile Track #2: Penguin’s Dockyard
• 1989 Movie Batmobile Track #1: Cobblepot’s Causeway
• 1989 Movie Batmobile Track #2: Joker Parade
• 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Track #1: Ashes
• 2008 Tumbler Batmobile Track #2: Cataclysm

Arkham Episodes Story Packs
• Batgirl: A Matter of Family
• Red Hood Story Pack
• Harley Quinn Story Pack
• GCPD Lockdown starring Nightwing

Skins & Batmobiles
• Batman Flashpoint Skin
• Arkham Origins Batman Skin
• Iconic Gray & Black Batman Skin
• 1990s Catwoman Skin
• 1970s Batman Skin
• One Year Later Robin Skin
• 1989 Movie Batman Skin
• 1st Appearance Batman Skin
• Dark Knight Returns Batman Skin
• Batman Beyond Skin
• Original Arkham Nightwing Skin
• Original Arkham Batman Skin
• Classic TV Series Catwoman Skin
• Classic TV Series Robin Skin
• 1989 Movie Batmobile
• 2008 Tumbler Batmobile
• 1960s TV series Batmobile
• Prototype Batmobile
• 1970s Batmobile Skin

We want to give particular thanks to the members of the PC community who took the time to give us clear, detailed feedback and bug reporting.

Now, get out there and Be The Batman!

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 21:04 Kxmode

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 17:38:
I'll pick this up (again) at some point. But, the witcher dlc and gw2 HoT, not seeing it happening soon. Also, subnautica is amazing. Too many games!

Don't forget Fallout 4; if you're planning on getting that.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 20:59 Kxmode

Drayth wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 16:39:
Is the Mad Max game any good? From reviewers I get the impression it was rather meh, but in forums I pretty much never hear any complaints. Never many glowing remarks either...

...maybe that's the very definition of 'meh'...

Having completed around 95% of the game I believe I can answer your question. Mad Max is a niche game for gamers who crave achievements and exploration. Mad Max does both real well. If those sound appealing to you I believe you'll enjoy it. Is it AMAZING?! No. It's it fun and good? Most definitely.

William Shakespeare's "Star Wars" Act I, Scene 1: Aboard the rebel ship. / Enter C-3PO and R2-D2. / C-3PO: "Now is the summer of our happiness / Made winter by this sudden, fierce attack!" / R2-D2 — Beep beep, Beep, beep, meep, squeak, beep, whee!

27. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 18:13 ForgedReality

nin wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 14:36:
ForgedReality wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 14:33:
Fantaz wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 17:51:
WB's Batman: Arkham Knight PC release had to have been the biggest fail for PC gaming this year.

I dunno, I heard about some space game, or ship buying sim, or whatever that I forget the name of that I guess had some pretty bad press too...

Yeah, but warner actually shipped their product...

And then un-shipped it. Is there a difference?

26. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 17:38 Vall Forran

I'll pick this up (again) at some point. But, the witcher dlc and gw2 HoT, not seeing it happening soon. Also, subnautica is amazing. Too many games!  

25. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 16:39 Drayth

Is the Mad Max game any good? From reviewers I get the impression it was rather meh, but in forums I pretty much never hear any complaints. Never many glowing remarks either...

...maybe that's the very definition of 'meh'...

24. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 15:18 Creston

LiTh wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 20:19:
Have textures over 3.5gb of ram?

Too soon?

Cry

TOO SOON, DAMMIT!!!

(still a fantastic card. )

23. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 15:10 Kxmode

Another Warner Brothers published title, Mad Max, had an amazing PC launch. Probably one of the best ever. Avalanche did their best to make the game run awesome on PCs. This is why publishers really need to pay attention to the studio. If the studio says they need more time to get the PC version right you give them more time! Don't launch a half assed title. Get it right from the beginning or else feel the wrath of those who will not forgive you.  

22. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 14:36 nin

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 14:33:
WB's Batman: Arkham Knight PC release had to have been the biggest fail for PC gaming this year.

I dunno, I heard about some space game, or ship buying sim, or whatever that I forget the name of that I guess had some pretty bad press too...

Yeah, but warner actually shipped their product...

21. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 14:33 ForgedReality

20. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 09:49 gravity

You misspelled "ever."

19. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 08:18 jomisab

jdreyer wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 18:12:

Batman: Arkham Knight comes out of Early Access.

LOL, nice.

18. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 08:17 jomisab

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 16:17:

When the game reaches 5 bucks, I will.

I think at some point you could have picked it up for $5 on G2A. Right now it's $20.

17. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 26, 2015, 02:20 Trevellian

Got the Game with the Season pass for 36 bucks off G2A as a preorder.
Already beat it had no issues.
Still can't complain. Other than I still think City was better.

-C22

16. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 26, 2015, 01:06 Jerykk

Vall Forran wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 22:20:
I never had any issues with this game. New pc ftw?

It seems like people with ATI cards or less than 16 gigs of RAM had the most issues. With a few ini tweaks, my experience was pretty solid. There was occasional hitching but nothing nearly as bad as what I've seen on Youtube.

On a side note, the DLC looks pretty underwhelming. $40 for the season pass which includes a bunch of skins, a handful of generic Challenges and a few one-hour (or less) story missions. The Hearts of Stone DLC for Witcher 3 was only $10 and contains more substance and quality than all of the Arkham Knight DLC combined.

15. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 22:20 Vall Forran

I never had any issues with this game. New pc ftw?  

14. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 20:19 LiTh

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 19:20:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 17:48:

Yep!!!! They blew it and even if they gave it away to PC players, I would be hesitant. WB should just get out of making any PC game.

They did give it away. I got it for free with one of my cards. Played for about 20 minutes. Laughed hysterically when the fps bottomed out when driving the battank thing. Yeah, what a great bundle game! Show me how with SLI'd 970s I can still achieve single digit fps in a game!

Have textures over 3.5gb of ram?

Too soon?

13. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 19:20 Agent.X7

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 17:48:

Yep!!!! They blew it and even if they gave it away to PC players, I would be hesitant. WB should just get out of making any PC game.

They did give it away. I got it for free with one of my cards. Played for about 20 minutes. Laughed hysterically when the fps bottomed out when driving the battank thing. Yeah, what a great bundle game! Show me how with SLI'd 970s I can still achieve single digit fps in a game!

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

12. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 19:02 Mac

You can already buy it for under £10 with some DLC from CDKeys.com ...  

11. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 18:24 Wallshadows

Slightly off topic but did you guys read the super (confirmed?) theory that Ben Affleck isn't Batman in the upcoming film? Friend showed it to me, I feigned interest, and asked for a tl;dr of the tl;dr.

Long story short, I still don't give a shit about the DC universe.

10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Rerelease Wednesday Oct 25, 2015, 18:17 theyarecomingforyou

I really hope they're going to release it as a budget title (i.e. half the usual AAA game price) and give original owners a free game to make up for it. Otherwise they've wasted their time.  

8700K @ 4.9GHz / Kraken X62 / 32GB DDR4
GTX 1080 Ti OC / Optane 900P

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >