4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older

Re: Why we like loot
Oct 26, 2015, 12:06
Re: Why we like loot Oct 26, 2015, 12:06
Oct 26, 2015, 12:06

harlock wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 20:10:

yeh i had a pirated version with like 100 of those golden keys where you can open the super magical chest back in the home town... so every few levels i would do that a couple times, because it would scale the loot to your level

and it was still crappy!!! not as crappy, but yeh... horrible fucking implementation

I remember pretty much the same crap. At first it seemed okay but only because I didn't know what to expect, even so 10 levels after finding a decent weapon I still hadn't found a replacement. So I'd start spamming the gold key thing (could reset it to about 250 keys) every 5 or so levels to get a new weapon, it was so bad or rather pathetic sometimes I'd get tired of picking up mountains of crap from that chest in the hopes of something decent and just end up sticking to my old weapon.

They added way to much utter garbage to the games weapons, the chance of getting so many variables to line up for a weapon is completely stupid. Many of those weapon properties are totally asinine. It's the kind of nonsense you'd expect from some online game where they offer to sell you the things you want for real money to avoid the relentless grind.

Re: Why we like loot
Oct 25, 2015, 20:10
Re: Why we like loot Oct 25, 2015, 20:10
Oct 25, 2015, 20:10

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2015, 16:45:
"People talk about Borderlands and the loot drops for the different weapons. That kind of mechanic proves to be one of the most powerful in terms of reinforcing and persisting in a particular behaviour, [because] it involves the combination of a person having tension and anticipation and the hope that there's going to be something great dropped this time. More often than not In Borderlands, it doesn't get fulfilled. Ever. Seriously, a black hole drops more loot than Vanilla Borderlands 2. It's fucking ridiculous."

yeh i had a pirated version with like 100 of those golden keys where you can open the super magical chest back in the home town... so every few levels i would do that a couple times, because it would scale the loot to your level

and it was still crappy!!! not as crappy, but yeh... horrible fucking implementation

Why we like loot
Oct 25, 2015, 16:45
Why we like loot Oct 25, 2015, 16:45
Oct 25, 2015, 16:45

"People talk about Borderlands and the loot drops for the different weapons. That kind of mechanic proves to be one of the most powerful in terms of reinforcing and persisting in a particular behaviour, [because] it involves the combination of a person having tension and anticipation and the hope that there's going to be something great dropped this time. More often than not In Borderlands, it doesn't get fulfilled. Ever. Seriously, a black hole drops more loot than Vanilla Borderlands 2. It's fucking ridiculous."

Re: etc.
Oct 25, 2015, 16:01
Re: etc. Oct 25, 2015, 16:01
Oct 25, 2015, 16:01

DIZZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  ] Older