Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
View
17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

17. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 26, 2015, 11:14 Shineyguy

killer_roach wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 21:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 20:54:
The funny thing is that now, people actually do WANT a powerful machine that does everything.. they just don't want it from Microsoft

Well, "powerful" sort of rules out the Xbox One... and, to be honest, probably the PS4 as well...

Only thing that the PS4 has over the Xbox One is a few more GPU cores...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 25, 2015, 05:51 jdreyer

killer_roach wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 21:14:
The funny thing is that now, people actually do WANT a powerful machine that does everything.. they just don't want it from Microsoft

Well, "powerful" sort of rules out the Xbox One... and, to be honest, probably the PS4 as well...

Wait, what about "the power of the cloud?!"

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 21:14 killer_roach

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 20:54 eRe4s3r

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 20:22 Tyrric

Yeah, MS really went into this generation with a horrible plan. I'm half expecting the Xbox Two to be released within the next 5 years at this point. Of course by that time I may have switched back to PC only since I seem to be playing the consoles I own less and less. Pretty much everything I want ends up there eventually, unless it is a Sony first party title, and I cannot remember the last time they've had anything that kept my attention.

I got rid of my PS3 for some extra trade credit for the PS4, sold my PS4 just a couple of weeks before they had their recent price drop. I figured it was mainly collecting dust and managed to move it for $320, which wasn't bad considering I paid for the system with nothing but trade credit. Last night I dug out everything for my Wii U since that is probably next up on the chopping block. That leaves me with the Wii I kept for backward compatibility with a few Gamecube games, the 360 that I kept for Red Dead Redemption and some other games that will probably end up being BC on the Xbox One, and the Xbox One, which is where all my Rock Band songs are.

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 20:06 bhcompy

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 12:13:

Yeah, they tried to make it into too much of a "do everything" machine.

They didn't learn from the sins of the 3DO or launch PS3

11. Re: Microsoft no longer reporting console sales Oct 24, 2015, 19:18 NetHead

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 11:37:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

That was pretty much my exact reaction reading that Microsoft headline.

HoSpanky wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 12:13:
...that ended up putting the Xbone down as a distant second place. Mostly it failed because Sony's ENTIRE campaign was to point out small flaws in its competitor as massive.

Well Microsoft failed all by itself, they were so pompous, arrogant and anti-consumer with the nonsense they wanted to do at release they're lucky to the Xbone is were it is today.

Also when those differences, however small, mean the difference in 1080p vs 720p at playable framerates the end result is big and worth banging about drum about, especially since 1080p is the most common native resolution for TVs and things look better at the native resolution. Lets also not forget how they all themselves went on about "HD" this and "1080p" that when it came to the new consoles.

It was pretty obvious this would happen before this generation was even released as I said in many places at the time. Looking at how the consoles performed/sold last time between the PS3 vs 360 (the PS3 was even released a year later with a hefty pricetag) the writing was on the wall that Microsoft/Xbox would have a hard time especially with the Playstation releasing at about the same time. Even if Microsoft didn't shoot the Xbone in the foot at release with a moron doing damage control it wouldn't be much better off and the gap between the two systems is most likely to increase as time goes on.

10. Re: Microsoft no longer reporting console sales Oct 24, 2015, 19:17 wtf_man

Greenish wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 11:56:
Hating Microsoft is so passť.

Not when they keep giving us reasons over and over.

Windows ME
Windows Vista
Windows 8 / 8.1 Metro / Modern UI
Windows 10 difficult to remove Spyware (install_wim_tweak.exe is your friend)
The Forced Ribbon Interface in office
xBox politics over PC Gaming
Software as a service subscription

And most of all... the arrogance and long-time-to reversal when the market CLEARLY tells Microsoft they don't like something.

--------------------------------------------------------

For my fellow Blues friends:

Killwin10crap:
install_wim_tweak

Batch file code to go with it (Put in same folder as install_wim_tweak):

@ECHO OFF
Color 4F
cd /d %~dp0
Title Uninstall Windows Undesired System Applications
CLS
REM We set Online. Need This
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /l
REM We Uninstall the Targets Cortana and Search2
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Cortana /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Search2 /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-OneCore-AllowTelemetry /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-OneCore-TroubleShooting /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-OneDrive /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Xbox-GameCallableUI /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Xbox-IdentityProvider /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-OneCore-AppRuntime-WOW64-xbox /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-OneCore-AppRuntime-xbox /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-OneCore-Networking-XboxLive /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Client-Drivers-xbox /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-xbox /r
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /o /c Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-WOW64-Package-AutoMerged-xbox /r
REM We hide Online
install_wim_tweak_NET4.6.exe /h /o /l
ECHO.
ECHO Uninstall Windows Undesired System Apps Complete. Reboot
Pause
Exit

Get your games from GOG DAMMIT!

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 17:52 Megalodon

The wireless dongle for the Xbox One controller requires an Xbox One to update firmware. Microsoft support said they're working on a PC solution. Thanks guys.  

8. Re: Microsoft no longer reporting console sales Oct 24, 2015, 16:43 CJ_Parker

Greenish wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 11:56:

Nope. It will never be "passť" as long as Microsoft keep behaving like incompetent dimwits and keep treating Windows PC gamers (you know... THEIR OWN fucking customers!) like garbage.

Just a few examples from the (mostly) more recent past:

- Rise of the Tomb Raider (timed) exclusivity
- The OS-side blocking of SafeDisc in Win7/8 w/o any warning or releasing no-DRM patches for THEIR OWN fucking catalog (yes, I know that the SafeDisc blocking can be worked around in Win 7/8 but many more casual PC users won't be comfortable following the needed steps)
- Telling people who contacted support to please go ahead and buy the digital versions of any affected games when several SafeDisc-protected games from THEIR OWN fucking catalog are not even available in digital format because they have been too lazy and incompetent to re-release them (e.g. Freelancer/Starlancer)
- Taking TWO fucking YEARS to come up with a wireless dongle for the Xbone controller for PC and then making it Win 10 exclusive
- Promising "new and exciting" Windows 10/DirectX 12 games and then announcing the remake of a decade old cover shooter and... A FUCKING FABLE MMO!

How are you supposed to NOT "hate" a dipshit company like that? Impossible.
I'll be the first to stop hating once MS begins to take PC gamers serious again. Until then they're on the shit list.

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 16:22 Krovven

So basically Microsoft is only interested in releasing sales data when they were winning. So sad.

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 15:36 Julio

They were only announcing "shipped" not "sold" earlier weren't they?  

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 13:49 jdreyer

Shorter Microsoft: "Screw you guys, I'm goin' home."  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 12:13 HoSpanky

Creston wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 11:41:
If you don't sell any, you can't report any either.

(I have an Xbone, it was cheap. It's not a bad machine, but it was clearly not designed as a games machine first.)

Yeah, they tried to make it into too much of a "do everything" machine. I totally get where they got the idea from, people use their xboxes to stream video, and at one point, they could double as a u-verse box. Smashing as many of your devices down into one isn't a bad idea, but they focused on that and not on raw performance. At the time, the original Wii was an unstoppable monster, and it was weak...seeing that, it's understandable that muscle wasn't their first priority.

It's not hard to see the decisions made, and why, that ended up putting the Xbone down as a distant second place. Mostly it failed because Sony's ENTIRE campaign was to point out small flaws in its competitor as massive. If anyone knocking the Xbone has an AMD video card or processor in their rig, that's a much larger "weak point" than any difference between the ps4 and Xbone, but you'll refuse to admit it. We all defend what we have.

I have an Xbone too, and now that I realized Halo5 comes out next week, it'll have a reason to fire up again. Then again, the week after that, the PG279q comes out. IF I can get my hands on one, I'll probably be too busy being entranced by it to play Halo.

3. Re: Microsoft no longer reporting console sales Oct 24, 2015, 11:56 Greenish

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Oct 24, 2015, 11:41 Creston

If you don't sell any, you can't report any either.

(I have an Xbone, it was cheap. It's not a bad machine, but it was clearly not designed as a games machine first.)

1. Re: Microsoft no longer reporting console sales Oct 24, 2015, 11:37 CJ_Parker

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA

Those fucking pathetic losers.... too ashamed to admit defeat. As a PC gamer it feels sooooo good to see the ShitBox fail. Take that, Microsoft, for years of abuse and shitty business practices.

17 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >