Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

etc.

View
49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

49. Re: etc. Oct 25, 2015, 05:35 Kosumo

Slick wrote on Oct 24, 2015, 02:48:
Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 05:25:
Women will need to get ready for Sharia law, as Trudeau is pro-ISIS/pro-Islam.

*golf clap*

masterfully done sir, you are truly a giant in your artful troll

I too, am impressed with that level off flying of the deep end, truly masterful trolling Salute (well, would be if anyone takes the bait)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

48. Re: etc. Oct 24, 2015, 02:48 Slick

Julio wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 05:25:
Women will need to get ready for Sharia law, as Trudeau is pro-ISIS/pro-Islam.

*golf clap*

masterfully done sir, you are truly a giant in your artful troll

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

47. Re: etc. GL Oct 23, 2015, 23:42 Dacron

Razumen wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 10:53:
BitWraith wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 08:39:
Lucas is right. Games have stories, but the story is not the main thrust of the experience. The interactivity is the art at work in video games, not the story. The story is a nice addition that gives you a reason to keep playing, but it's not the main feature of the product.

Nope, there's lot of games that would be nothing without their story. It's not as clear cut ssd you're trying to make it. Lucas simply doesn't know what he's talking about, whilst Spielberg at least sounds like he understands it a little bit.

Bioshock infinite turns into a pretty boring game without its story IMO

Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

46. Re: etc. GL Oct 23, 2015, 10:53 Razumen

Lucas is right. Games have stories, but the story is not the main thrust of the experience. The interactivity is the art at work in video games, not the story. The story is a nice addition that gives you a reason to keep playing, but it's not the main feature of the product.

Nope, there's lot of games that would be nothing without their story. It's not as clear cut ssd you're trying to make it. Lucas simply doesn't know what he's talking about, whilst Spielberg at least sounds like he understands it a little bit.

45. Re: etc. GL Oct 23, 2015, 10:23 Retired

Could say the same about a movie....

44. Re: etc. GL Oct 23, 2015, 08:39 BitWraith

Big Box PC Game Collectors - https://www.facebook.com/groups/311204112360601/

43. Re: etc. GL Oct 23, 2015, 07:03 Bub

George Lucas has been fat and sated for ages now, nothing excites him and everything seems to bore him, much like his last few movies.

The new Star Wars movie looks like it was made by someone who can still get it up for SciFi.

GLs comments are just blather by a pompus fool.

==================================================
Bubb Stubbley
... I miss BBS..
"There is a sucker born every minute." - PT Barnum
==================================================

42. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2015, 06:30 InBlack

Somebody should sit George down in front of a big screen while his grandson plays the Witcher 3. Or maybe Wing Commander 3 I would suggest KOTOR but that would probably give him a stroke when he realizes how much better the plot is in that compared to the last three movies he directed.  

I have a nifty blue line!

41. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2015, 05:25 Julio

Razumen wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 20:44:
Julio wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 20:42:
Cutter wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 17:54:
suffice it to say he's the worst thing that ever happened to Canada.

Just wait for Justin Trudeau to get rolling if you want to see someone worse.

What makes you say that?

1) He's going to raise taxes on everyone (call them fees or something else, but they'll be taxes). Sure he might give with one hand to everyone earning 40K+, but he'll take with the other (i.e. taking away fair income splitting for families of all income levels)

2) He's going to raise taxes on small business and not for big corporations. We know who's paying him on the side.

3) We're going to see a rapid increase in immigration, even though 1+2 above will mean less jobs for those already here. Of course he'll let in countless people who also aren't employable anyways so look for welfare costs to spiral up.

4) Women will need to get ready for Sharia law, as Trudeau is pro-ISIS/pro-Islam. I'm not female, but I'm surprised any woman voted Liberal.

5) Expect Alberta to get hit hard given they don't support Trudeau. He'll punish them and give more to Quebec.

I'm sure there will be many more stupid decisions by someone who only got the job because of who their father was. Teaching drama and being born with a silver spoon in his mouth doesn't prepare someone to run a country.

40. Re: etc. Oct 23, 2015, 02:58 Nuhauser

Justin has been previously quoted talking about his love for the Chinese government's ability to move so quickly on its policies, completely ignoring the fact that this is because China is a totalitarian dictatorship. This is why he's dangerous, he talks without careful consideration of what's coming out of his mouth. He hasn't got a fucking clue what Gamergate is, only that it is a term that's been used recently in connection with ideas of feminism and misogyny.

Sure, I'd love to see lower taxes in Canada and legal pot at the LCBO but I sure hope he can do some more research before yammering like an idiot in the future.

39. No subject Oct 22, 2015, 23:46 Mashiki Amiketo

Desalus wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:36:

It doesn't take long to find good examples of sexual objectification of women in a lot of different forms of media (including video games). In no way am I saying that any media form should be cast as the bogeyman for societal ills and I don't think Trudeau is saying that either.

In other words, anything that hurts my feelings is misogyny. Which of course is why you're seeing all the rad-fems coming out of the woodwork pressing for censorship of the internet. As for Trudeau? That's exactly what he's saying, atleast until the polls say otherwise.

Razumen wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 16:14:

Are you implying that gender equality and the end of misogyny doesn't contribute to the betterment of a nation?
That's called egalitarianism, however today's modern feminists believe egalitarianism is a MRA construct. Which is why you see a growing number of people not calling themselves a feminist at all, and even more starting to say they don't need it.

No, whatever he ends up doing it won't be as bad as Harper. And that's bullshit on Harper walking the walk. Supporting the troops come to mind? Just like his neocon counterparts in the US he's long on talk and short on delivery. Or it's just jive. How did he balance the budget for last year? Selling taxpayer assets at a loss. So really, we lost money. Like Dubya he inherited a country in great shape and proceeded to run it into the ground. He embarassed the hell out of us with his cowboy politicking and did an immense amount of damage to our credibility around the globe. I could go on and on with this but suffice it to say he's the worst thing that ever happened to Canada.
Really? I guess we'll find out. You mean the part where winding down operations, means that there will be budget cuts? Or that there's serious problems with medical treatment at the federal level for vets? That's been on-going for nearly 30 years, but it's sure a lot better than it was. I always liked the budget talking points, then again selling assets at a loss to make up for a budget shortfall has been a normal thing, pretty much forever. Not saying it's right, but that's what it is. Then again, it's not as screwed up as the Liberals in Ontario and their selling of assets for pennies on the dollar.

Oh and he inherited a country in great shape? I suppose that depends, because under the federal liberals jobs started drying up hard. We also had the manufacturing crash under the liberals, and our national unemployment levels in general have been under what was the norm under the liberals during their 12 years in office. You mean he embarrassed you, for those of us who have had enough of the UN whining over things will giving seats on councils and committees to the worst offenders that's even better. And if he was the "worst thing ever to happen to canada" well it's a good thing you're young.

Otherwise you'd know that title would belong to Pierre Trudeau, you know the guy who forced in wage and price controls, setup a national oil company that pillaged the fuck out of everyone's pocket book. That told the other provinces out west: "Fuck you. We're taking the money from the oil and you'll like it." The same guy who got Canada into a hyper-inflation cycle and handed Mulroney a 11.5% unemployment rate. Oh I can go on, if you think Harper was bad, you really don't have any idea.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2015, 23:59.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

38. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 21:26 Stormsinger

Razumen wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 20:44:

What makes you say that?

Ideology, most likely. The claim has all the hallmarks.

37. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 20:44 Razumen

What makes you say that?

36. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 20:42 Julio

35. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 19:17 Razumen

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:50:
Worse than Harper. If Harper decided to do something, he did it, said he'd do it and take the lumps for it. Doesn't always mean he was right, and he could be awfully wrong on a lot of stuff. But I like someone who says they're going to do something, and accept the blame for it as well. Trudeau has already shown that he'll listen to his assistants, and blow whichever way the poll data says. That basically means people who make enough noise can set national policy and screw everyone.

No, whatever he ends up doing it won't be as bad as Harper. And that's bullshit on Harper walking the walk. Supporting the troops come to mind? Just like his neocon counterparts in the US he's long on talk and short on delivery. Or it's just jive. How did he balance the budget for last year? Selling taxpayer assets at a loss. So really, we lost money. Like Dubya he inherited a country in great shape and proceeded to run it into the ground. He embarassed the hell out of us with his cowboy politicking and did an immense amount of damage to our credibility around the globe. I could go on and on with this but suffice it to say he's the worst thing that ever happened to Canada.

Ya, I mean he sold the Wheat Board to the freaking Saudi's for crying out loud. The farmers themselves gave him a better offer, but like the environment, Harper's just gave them the royal finger

34. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 18:00 Squirmer

Bit silly to say games "can't" have plots since most do. But it's true that most game plots are either not very good or don't really matter much except to hold the game together and give players a sense of purpose.

I think what Lucas actually said is interesting and worth listening to: i.e. making better characters is important, much like we are compelled by sports star "characters".

33. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 17:56 Task

Perhaps Georgie is just getting a little senile. He did give the green light on a bunch of stuff after all - books and video games that contained "Plots." Dark Forces II for instance, obviously had a story, and Jason Court being the official portrayal of Kyle Katarn for live-action scenes.

Also regarding Canada, it is important that they immediately disengage from playing any part in the U.S. Empire's disastrous hegemony/imperial policies.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2015, 18:02.

TRO: YAVM Mod for BattleTech
Weapon Diversity Mod for BattleTech

32. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 17:54 Cutter

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 11:50:
Worse than Harper. If Harper decided to do something, he did it, said he'd do it and take the lumps for it. Doesn't always mean he was right, and he could be awfully wrong on a lot of stuff. But I like someone who says they're going to do something, and accept the blame for it as well. Trudeau has already shown that he'll listen to his assistants, and blow whichever way the poll data says. That basically means people who make enough noise can set national policy and screw everyone.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

31. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 17:48 eRe4s3r

Razumen wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 16:14:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 16:05:
Slick wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 12:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 22, 2015, 09:42:
Great, a SJW has become president in Canada? Well, not like Canada was ever relevant in the world, but now even less so.

you've got to be one of the most ignorant voices on this board. and that's saying something.

yeah, who'd ever want a leader of a nation to fight for social justice?

TRUMP 2016

Reminds me of How to win any argument about Social Justice

Way to extrapolate from my snarky remark btw... I have no idea if he's an SJW, but what he said screams 3rd gen feminism and when politicians bring ideological baggage then I don't find that too amusing. As prime minister he is supposed to work for the improvement of a nation, not for the spread of an ideology.

And I have no idea what goes in the USA with Trump/Hillary and that nonsense. Don't care really. Canada on the other hand was already suffering from Harpers kleptocracy and I doubt it gets better when you replace 1 kleptocracy with another. Look into the 2 clans that govern Canada... you may realize why I find this "revolutionary" view on this new dude hilarious

Are you implying that gender equality and the end of misogyny doesn't contribute to the betterment of a nation?

I am implying that what you write is not the goal of 3rd gen feminism

Btw, whether feminism is really a "betterment" of a nation would be an awesome (actual) debate topic. I have no idea about that.. not even a formed opinion really.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2015, 17:56.

30. Re: etc. Oct 22, 2015, 17:39 saluk

Spielberg, Lucas - not wrong, just narrow. "Video Games" encompasses such a wide range of experience as to be almost useless to make a general statement about them. Lucas probably has not played a Telltale for example, and if he had he might not put it in the same category of "games" that he is talking about. Spielberg's baby example I assume was in a scenario where the player could keep trying again to catch the baby, but what about if that scenario was halfway through the game and if you don't catch the baby you have to live with the repercussions? I know that I felt really bad when I accidentally killed the NPC at firelink shrine in Dark Souls about 20 hours in, even though I probably didn't need him for anything, because the game saved that he was gone, and I didn't have him greeting me when I entered anymore.

Non-game guys shouldn't speak on the difference between movies and games without doing their research as they don't know what is out there. Just as I would be a poor one to discuss the merits of, say, Flash Fiction, being that I mostly read novels. At the same time, there ARE certainly differences between movies and games, and there have been a lot of missteps along the way where games have learned the wrong lessons from cinema.

Still, why are we talking about a 2-year old talk

49 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo