Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter

Out of the Blue

If you're noticing the early start, it's because I have an adventure, as I and a couple of the mutants are part of a group playing paintball today. As much as I've always wanted to play, this is my fist try. For the longest time living in New York City was the problem, as access to the sport is limited there, and somehow I never readjusted my outlook on how practical this would be since moving to the suburbs. Unfortunately today appears to be the coldest of the surrounding couple of weeks, but I still full plan on enjoying myself thoroughly, even if I end up doing nothing more than eating icy cold paint.

R.I.P.: George Mueller, NASA engineer who helped enable moon landing, dies at 97. Thanks Slashdot via Ant.

Painted Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Sports Heads Soccer Championship 2015-2016.
Stories: Fully-functioning life-sized caravan built entirely from LEGO bricks sets new record. Thanks j.c.f.
Lindsay Lohan May Run For U.S. President.
John Carpenter Wins Plagiarism Lawsuit Against Luc Besson.
Media: Assassins Creed Syndicate Review(?). NSFW. Thanks nin.
UNCHARTED (Honest Game Trailers).
The Funnies: Compromising Situation - FoxTrot.
View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 21:43 Wowbagger_TIP

Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 14:04:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 01:45:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 22:14:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 21:44:
Agent.X7 wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 17:31:
Lindsey Lohan, so smart she doesn't realize that she won't be eligible for multiple reasons, including felony convictions and age.
Well, she is talking about 2020, but yeah even for the Jan 20, 2021 inauguration she would be just shy -- born July 2 1986 according to Wikipedia.

I have to admit though, I didn't know there was a law preventing federal elected service for felons. Assuming you're correct, it's not terribly surprising, I just didn't have actual knowledge of an existing law.

There is no law I am aware of, but good luck getting anybody to back you with that felony on your record.

Then again, this is America. Hillary is basically running on an "elect the first woman president" platform, so what the fuck do I know.

Being one of the only ones running that actually seems sane is a rather nice boon for her as well. She mostly just has to wait out the GOP crowd and see what's left standing over there, and then beat them to death with their own words during the primary.

On the other hand, that's a strategy so simple that only a Democrat could fuck it up.

If you think Hillary sounds sane...well, you are beyond my ability to convince you of anything.

Seems like that's more attributable to your abilities than anything about me Unless you're aware of some particularly crazy shit she's said or done, I think the reams of crazy coming from the other folks has her soundly beat in that department.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 14:43 descender

It's hard to convince people of anything when you can't use actual facts.  

17. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 14:04 Agent.X7

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Oct 19, 2015, 01:45:
Lindsey Lohan, so smart she doesn't realize that she won't be eligible for multiple reasons, including felony convictions and age.
Well, she is talking about 2020, but yeah even for the Jan 20, 2021 inauguration she would be just shy -- born July 2 1986 according to Wikipedia.

I have to admit though, I didn't know there was a law preventing federal elected service for felons. Assuming you're correct, it's not terribly surprising, I just didn't have actual knowledge of an existing law.

There is no law I am aware of, but good luck getting anybody to back you with that felony on your record.

Then again, this is America. Hillary is basically running on an "elect the first woman president" platform, so what the fuck do I know.

Being one of the only ones running that actually seems sane is a rather nice boon for her as well. She mostly just has to wait out the GOP crowd and see what's left standing over there, and then beat them to death with their own words during the primary.

On the other hand, that's a strategy so simple that only a Democrat could fuck it up.

If you think Hillary sounds sane...well, you are beyond my ability to convince you of anything.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

16. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 09:02 Mr. Tact

Well, it that case.. come on. People elected Arnold Schwarzenegger governor of California and Jesse Ventura governor of Minnesota. Why not Lindsay Lohan as president.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 19, 2015, 01:45 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 22:14 Agent.X7

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 21:44 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 19:05 The Half Elf

Fist try eh Blue? Usually most start with finger's then work up to a fist, but hey, after your Colonoscopy, the sky's the limit right?

But seriously, with as thin as you are (and probably paper thin after your doctor's visit) wear baggy clothes. And remember to bring a meat shield (friend) that you can easily sway into taking point when rushing the enemy and follow right behind them!

Using a steering wheel on a Burnout game is like using the Space Shuttle controls to fly a kite.
https://www.twitch.tv/the_half_elf

11. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 17:31 Agent.X7

To be honest, however, I'm not sure she could do much worse than any of the previous presidents these past 30 years.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7
GOG - JStarX7

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 16:05 jdreyer

SlimRam wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 15:40:
Remember to race to get to the Paint Rocket Launcher first!

Also, the quad damage?

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 15:40 SlimRam

Remember to race to get to the Paint Rocket Launcher first!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 13:37 nin

Ravor wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 09:29:
Paintball is a great time, have fun!

Remember... make sure you keep your mask on AT ALL TIMES when you leave the safe zone!

Yeah, Blue will quickly see the advantage of cardboard armor, which I've seen more than a few folks use...

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 12:28 PHJF

You wear baggy clothing in paintball not to protect oneself, but to reduce paint breakage on hits. A form of light cheating.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 12:26 jdreyer

Ooo, today's my chance! With Blue out all day, I can fill the site with insults, invective, and ad hominem attacks!  

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 11:59 HorrorScope

Good times, it's all about how much of a man do you like to portray yourself as. A mans man wears just a wife-beater shirt and thin pants or shorts and plays very offensively, mobile and deadly, but above all else will make sure they have the biggest welt on their body afterwards to tell how he survived it. All the way down to the opposite end which is the boy from Christmas Story, so much protection that you don't feel a thing because you don't want any pain, but also can't move, this person will also have fogged up masks and look like a maggot moving around the course.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 10:33 Retired

butbutbut FOOTBALL!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 10:17 Cutter

Yeah, only ever paintballed once and it was a hoot.

Lilo for Prez? Idiocracy is unfolding more quickly than we first believed.

And really? Carpenter wins a plagiarism lawsuit? Seriously? What a world!

"I've got an emo streak. It's part of what makes me so rad." - Rick Sanchez

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 09:55 eRe4s3r

Ravor wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 09:29:

Remember... make sure you keep your mask on AT ALL TIMES when you leave the safe zone!

And always move crouched from cover to cover.. otherwise, hurt

1. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 18, 2015, 09:29 Ravor

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >