Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced

A tweet from Star Wars Battlefront community manager Sledgehammer70 reassures players having trouble succeeding on the rebels in the walker assault that this was not just because the Force was not with them, as they admit there's a balance issue: "@Focalin Nope! Its a balancing issue within the Beta." Thanks Polygon via nin.
View : : :
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced
Oct 18, 2015, 19:17
Ant

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 18, 2015, 19:17
Oct 18, 2015, 19:17
 Ant

jdreyer wrote on Oct 17, 2015, 02:21:
Quinn wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 17:17:
Star Wars stuff has been horrid shite since after the oldest 2 movies, with the obvious exception of Bioware's 2 single player RPGs.

Wow, so there hasn't been any good Star Wars anything since 1981?

The Dark Forces series was pretty good all around: DF, Jedi Knight: DF2, and Jedi Outcast.

Also, the X-Wing series was pretty good: X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance.
Ditto.
Ant's Quality Foraged Links (http://aqfl.net) & The Ant Farm (http://antfarm.ma.cx / http://antfarm.home.dhs.org).

Oct 17, 2015, 02:21
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 17, 2015, 02:21
Oct 17, 2015, 02:21

Quinn wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 17:17:
Star Wars stuff has been horrid shite since after the oldest 2 movies, with the obvious exception of Bioware's 2 single player RPGs.

Wow, so there hasn't been any good Star Wars anything since 1981?

The Dark Forces series was pretty good all around: DF, Jedi Knight: DF2, and Jedi Outcast.

Also, the X-Wing series was pretty good: X-Wing, Tie Fighter, X-Wing Alliance.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Oct 16, 2015, 21:16
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 16, 2015, 21:16
Oct 16, 2015, 21:16
 Slick

jdreyer wrote on Oct 16, 2015, 14:43:
Slick wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 22:18:
and to all you smarmy cunts who keep ringing the "it's too casual, it's too simple" bell.

what about basketball? throw a ball in a hoop, OOOH BIG WHOOP so difficult. what about soccer? kick a ball in a net OOOG BIG WHOOP, so difficult.

last i checked they're on the world stage as some of the most hyper-competitive games on the planet. soccer alone is a 20 BILLION dollar/year industry in the UK alone.

and I don't seem to remember the soccer players being able to play as a 12-foot soccer god as a powerup, nor are there players on gliders swooping over the field.

if you think that SW:B is too "simple" to be competitive (aka only a casual game) then you must not be able to stand %99 of all the other popular games in our culture.

simple to learn, hard to master. deal with it.

Hahahaha, wait, are you saying SWBF will become an esport?

As for simple to learn, hard to master, that's not SWBF. There's nothing hard about sitting in an ATAT that you can't control and blasting people. Hard to master is the Little Bird or Hornet in BF4.

did you even play the beta? the AT-AT is BY FAR the powerup I got the least amount of kills with. %80 of the time you don't have a shot on anything. the AT-ST is far more powerful, as are the turrets....

and yes, easy to learn, hard to master. you know, a twitchy oldskool FPS without any modern garbage like reloads, ammo and medic bags, slow respawns, and crazy recoil.
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Oct 16, 2015, 17:17
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 16, 2015, 17:17
Oct 16, 2015, 17:17

Played the beta too. Nothing new. Just a (very basic) multiplayer shooter in a Star Wars setting.

Then again, that's Star Wars' curse: the reputation. Any movie or game can be basic and shitty. As long as that title is attached to it, it sells.

Oct 16, 2015, 14:43
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 16, 2015, 14:43
Oct 16, 2015, 14:43

Slick wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 22:18:
and to all you smarmy cunts who keep ringing the "it's too casual, it's too simple" bell.

what about basketball? throw a ball in a hoop, OOOH BIG WHOOP so difficult. what about soccer? kick a ball in a net OOOG BIG WHOOP, so difficult.

last i checked they're on the world stage as some of the most hyper-competitive games on the planet. soccer alone is a 20 BILLION dollar/year industry in the UK alone.

and I don't seem to remember the soccer players being able to play as a 12-foot soccer god as a powerup, nor are there players on gliders swooping over the field.

if you think that SW:B is too "simple" to be competitive (aka only a casual game) then you must not be able to stand %99 of all the other popular games in our culture.

Hahahaha, wait, are you saying SWBF will become an esport?

As for simple to learn, hard to master, that's not SWBF. There's nothing hard about sitting in an ATAT that you can't control and blasting people. Hard to master is the Little Bird or Hornet in BF4.
'I am' is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. Could it be that 'I do' is the longest sentence? - GC

Oct 15, 2015, 22:18
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 22:18
Oct 15, 2015, 22:18
 Slick

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Oct 15, 2015, 22:03
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 22:03
Oct 15, 2015, 22:03
 Slick

harlock wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 12:17:
Slick wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 08:27:
you can keep your reloads, your ammo and medic bags, and your slow respawns. I'll be on the floor having fun.

and thats what makes you better than everyone else!

no, THIS is

Oct 15, 2015, 16:44
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 16:44
Oct 15, 2015, 16:44

ASeven wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 14:23:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7QG7gHoSk0

This guy hits it on the spot. Pretty but without any depth whatsoever.

That was actually a pretty awesome vid, that guy had good narration and analysis. He says Titanfall blows this away. Funny.

Oct 15, 2015, 16:18
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 16:18
Oct 15, 2015, 16:18

ASeven wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 14:23:

Again another youtuber who wanted Battlefield Star Wars edition and not Super Casual Star Wars shooter game.

I'm not that convinced the Battlefield game structure would work that well for Star Wars, trying to recreate scenes from the movie while attempting to have "balance" doesn't really work unless you either add a ton of stuff that would throw off the vibe of what was in the movies or you do some really far out things like give the rebel side AT-AT's as well. I mean they've obviously have made creative adjustments to the battle of Hoth by adding in the extra space ships but it's not to the point of ruining the "movie" theme completely.

It's definitely a flash in the pan type of game, couple months of intense interest and then it'll fall off the radar almost completely. As for not preordering, well it's on sale right now at GMG for $45 and I doubt you'll see it less than that for a good four or five months after release, do they even have boxed copies of PC games anymore? (no black friday sale for PC gamers I'm guessing) The console gamers are screwed for sure and in no way is it worth $60 plus tax but for $45 I intend to get enough entertainment value out of it.

I'm actually more interested in the game than I am in the new movie, I think the new movie isn't going to live up to the insane amount of hype around it.

I like the fact that the game is 100% original trilogy content, you don't have everyone running around using force powers and light sabers like it's a rave party, it's not a game that will feel like a second job where you need to churn through massive hours of game time to unlock stuff. Sure it's casual as hell but the flip side of it is that when you have things like massive weapon recoil or breathing mechanics you just encourage cheaters to bypass that stuff anyway.

This is probably the last what I would call "classic" Star Wars game (depressing isn't it), from here on out it'll undoubtedly focus on the new movies with the god awful Stormtrooper redesigns and weak characters, nothing is going to compare to good old Darth Vader, Luke, Han, Boba Fett etc.

This comment was edited on Oct 15, 2015, 16:43.

Oct 15, 2015, 14:33
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 14:33
Oct 15, 2015, 14:33

Slick wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 19:52:
what is DICE's most popular map they ever made? without a doubt it's the 4 or so incarnations of WAKE ISLAND.

is that map "balanced"? FUCK NO! but it's the most fun. if the US doesn't know what they're doing, they'll get pushed back to their carrier and can't make a landing. however if they GROW A BRAIN then there's many ways to make landings and fucking roll face.

I know i dislike the noob cunts on here who say: "I played it for 2 rounds, it was awful, then i left to bitch about it in the forums". But this time it's different.

You twats are literally responsible for fucking up MY game experience because you cry about shit you HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT. you cry so hard that they goddamned community managers will tell the design team to re-roll everything because people are sad.

I promise you %100 you don't know how to play the map, it's a new game, you haven't played this before. You're playing it like you've played other games and are confused as to why you're doing poorly. take the fucking time to LEARN THE GAME before crying about how they have to change it.

you fuckers are on thin ice.

This is on point. Git gud, scrubs.

Oct 15, 2015, 14:23
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 14:23
Oct 15, 2015, 14:23

Oct 15, 2015, 13:54
Verno

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 13:54
Oct 15, 2015, 13:54
 Verno

DangerDog wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 22:22:
KTR wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 21:44:
The game is made for babies after all. They require hand holding every step of the way.

Some of us are just too damn old to get down on the floor and play with action figures, that's what this game is.. virtual action figures.

they even have a thing where you unlock a pictorial diorama of "toys" in the game, that's their word for it too, "toys".

Yeah that's a good way of putting it.

I found it mildly enjoyable for 5-10 minute stretches but ultimately no sense of satisfaction when you're done. There are much cheaper mindless time wasters /shrug
Playing: Xenoblade Chronicles DE, Ys IX, God of War
Watching: Lupin, You me and the Apocalypse, Days of Thunder

Oct 15, 2015, 12:17
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 12:17
Oct 15, 2015, 12:17

Slick wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 08:27:
you can keep your reloads, your ammo and medic bags, and your slow respawns. I'll be on the floor having fun.

and thats what makes you better than everyone else!

Oct 15, 2015, 08:27
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 08:27
Oct 15, 2015, 08:27
 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 22:22:
The game is made for babies after all. They require hand holding every step of the way.

Some of us are just too damn old to get down on the floor and play with action figures, that's what this game is.. virtual action figures.

think you're reaching a bit far to hop aboard the hate speedtrain there.

got it, you're too old to have fun. gotcha.

i'm pretty sure that playing with action figures is a fucking far cry from this fast-paced twitchy FPS game. you can keep your reloads, your ammo and medic bags, and your slow respawns. I'll be on the floor having fun.

Oct 15, 2015, 08:24
Slick

Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 08:24
Oct 15, 2015, 08:24
 Slick

Midnight wrote on Oct 15, 2015, 01:24:
Tumbler wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 20:48:
Game releases on Nov 17 and considering how many copies it should they need to start burning discs asap.

That was a demo. That's the game.

You've heard of Day 1 patches, right?

apparently not. I'd say "it's not 2005 anymore" but even then there were day 1 patches.

they also shouldn't do anything dratic like preventing one side from using turrets, do you have any idea how imbalanced 20 rebel turret would be at that last push? let's fix this non-issue with a game breaking patch, good idea.

and people are absolutely supposed to be able to get onto of the big dome, that's why it's there, and that's why you can easily access it. you think they designed maps without taking into consideration their own mobility mechanics? get a grip.

Oct 15, 2015, 02:51
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 02:51
Oct 15, 2015, 02:51

Balance? Who needs balance, what is wrong with you people? This is a casual game, fuck balance!
I have a nifty blue line!

Oct 15, 2015, 01:24
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 15, 2015, 01:24
Oct 15, 2015, 01:24

Tumbler wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 20:48:
Game releases on Nov 17 and considering how many copies it should they need to start burning discs asap.

That was a demo. That's the game.

You've heard of Day 1 patches, right?

Oct 14, 2015, 22:25
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 22:25
Oct 14, 2015, 22:25

'this map is bullshit.. ive been blasting the walker with my pistol for 30 seconds and it's health hasn't moved at all..'

-any bro shooter player

Oct 14, 2015, 22:22
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 22:22
Oct 14, 2015, 22:22

they even have a thing where you unlock a pictorial diorama of "toys" in the game, that's their word for it too, "toys".

Oct 14, 2015, 21:59
Re: Star Wars Battlefront Beta Wasn't Balanced Oct 14, 2015, 21:59
Oct 14, 2015, 21:59

RaZ0r! wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 21:00:
His tweet directly contradicts his post of Known Beta Issues

"Walker Assault Plays Like the Movie: The Empire does have the upper hand in Walker Assault. With the limitations around weapons and Star Cards within the Beta, the Rebels need to really work together and play the objectives."

That seems to indicate there are no balance issues and it plays as intended.

Which I actually thought was a good idea. Keep it that way. Does everything everywhere always have to be symmetrical?
41 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  ] Older