9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta

EA and DICE celebrate the success of their Star Wars Battlefront open beta, announcing that more than nine million players participated, making this the largest beta in EA history:
“Impressive. Most Impressive.” Yesterday, the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ beta surpassed a major milestone: more than nine million players logged in and played. That makes this the single largest beta in the history of EA. We could not be happier that so many of you wanted to come in to get a small taste of what our passionate team has been working on.

Ever since we revealed Star Wars Battlefront back in April, we knew the beta would be a huge test for our game. After all, the beta has been one of the most talked about topics around the game over the last six months, and it was exciting (and a little nerve racking if I’m being completely honest) to open it up to the world.

And like Han Solo at the end of A New Hope, we’re glad you showed up. Even more importantly than just showing up, you’ve been spending a lot of time playing, having a great time and leaving us some invaluable feedback, as we continue to tune and balance the game until launch on November 17, 2015 in North America, and November 19, 2015 in Europe.

On behalf of the team at DICE, and everyone at EA, thank you for playing. We hope you enjoyed what you played in the beta, which is just a small part of the overall experience. There’s a lot more to the game, including all of our multiplayer modes and mission types.

Thank you, and may the Force be with you, always.
View : : :
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older

Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Oct 14, 2015, 08:01
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 08:01
Oct 14, 2015, 08:01

Krovven wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 00:59:
So yea, I'm one of those people that played each map 1 time and uninstalled it. It doesn't have good value for my time and money and that was apparent immediately.

Mark me up as another one of "those" ;9 It takes some doing to get me literally bored to death even though I pwned on that 40 player map 67k/4d.. it's hard enough to get me motivated for BF4 nowadays.. but this.. this is just so lazy.

Oct 14, 2015, 05:16
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 05:16
Oct 14, 2015, 05:16

jdreyer wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 04:30:
InBlack wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 02:27:
I like simple, mindless FPS games. Easy to learn, hard to master.

These statements are antithetical. A game cannot be simple and mindless, and also be hard to master.

Doom1&2, Quake, Quake2, Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress, etc. etc. etc.
I have a nifty blue line!

Oct 14, 2015, 04:30
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 04:30
Oct 14, 2015, 04:30

InBlack wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 02:27:
I like simple, mindless FPS games. Easy to learn, hard to master.

These statements are antithetical. A game cannot be simple and mindless, and also be hard to master.
I'm a smoldering volcano of virility. At least, that's what I tell myself.

Oct 14, 2015, 02:27
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 02:27
Oct 14, 2015, 02:27

No Ping counter. No server browser. No sale. I like simple, mindless FPS games. Easy to learn, hard to master. What I don't like is playing with ping 150+ against LPBs and not even knowing about it. (Let alone being able to do something about it).
I have a nifty blue line!

Oct 14, 2015, 00:59
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 00:59
Oct 14, 2015, 00:59

It's a simple game and that can't be denied. I think most people have been just saying the game has no depth and many desired features that have been in previous Battlefield and Battlefront games have all been stripped away.

I didn't hate it. It was very pretty, and I wouldn't mind having it to jump into now and then. But I'd never spend $80 on it + DLC. And, we all know that with every single EA/Dice DLC release, it only succeeds in fragmenting the community.

So yea, I'm one of those people that played each map 1 time and uninstalled it. It doesn't have good value for my time and money and that was apparent immediately.

Oct 14, 2015, 00:49
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 14, 2015, 00:49
Oct 14, 2015, 00:49

Dacron wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 23:19:
Jesus some people jump from heated discussion to trying to wipe out each others family trees pretty quickly lol.

yeah, standard operating prodecure for a blue's 'discussion'. i don't even take the flames personally anymore; just chalk it up to rhetorical technique and move on.

Oct 13, 2015, 23:19
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 23:19
Oct 13, 2015, 23:19

Jesus some people jump from heated discussion to trying to wipe out each others family trees pretty quickly lol.
Currently setting a record for most edited posts, 1 reply at a time.

Oct 13, 2015, 21:26
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 21:26
Oct 13, 2015, 21:26

Ah the hate is strong.. give in to your dark sides

I had some fun, but I'd rather play a single player campaign similar to Jedi Knight/Outcast.

But for a multiplayer Star Wars shooter, this pretty much ticks all the boxes.

Also, I played in first person and had no issues. Was middle of the pack for Hoth and then a bit higher for the pod capture mode

Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues
Oct 13, 2015, 21:17
Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 21:17
Oct 13, 2015, 21:17

Trevellian wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 20:15:
And you can join a game with 8 people. You can make an entire party of 8 people in Battlefront, I know for a fact because we did it. Just more proof most of you installed it and uninstalled it without actually playing. Good grief.

Actually, I played the game enough to get to level 5, then keep playing for a couple of days. But when the only option I see on my screen is "1 teammate" I assume I can only join with one person. Maybe i missed something, at which point I apologize for being wrong. But don't tell me I uninstalled without playing it. Maybe they need to make their system easier to understand.

Of course, this doesn't matter to me, since I won't be playing the game anyway with the amount of hackers in the PC version and the stupid "aiming doesn't matter" design decision they made.

*edited - was pretty wasted when I posted this. While the content was true was way too hostile in the post*

This comment was edited on Oct 14, 2015, 05:32.

Oct 13, 2015, 21:07
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 21:07
Oct 13, 2015, 21:07

but do you all join on the same team? there's no way to switch teams, at least in the beta.

Oct 13, 2015, 20:40
Slick

Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 20:40
Oct 13, 2015, 20:40
 Slick

DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 20:21:
MacLeod wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 19:52:
My favorite news about the game that shows their idiocy. They've said that the game will not have in-game voice-chat. They said there's enough third party software if you want to chat with your friends... of course there's a problem with this logic. I can only join the game with ONE friend. The rest of the team is fucking random!

It's an anti clan game, no pub stomping allowed. You can't have a bunch of guys in teamspeak saying everyone join on x server and then team stacking the hell out of it.

I've been there done that, it's fun but unfair as fuck for the other team getting their shit pushed in.

It's also anti e-sport which I'm fine with as well.

actually you can, in case you missed Travellian's brilliant commentary, parties of up to 8 are allowed, and everyone gets a prompt that their party has joined x server, and then you all join. or you know the tried and true method of just joining off of a friend.

but you know, who needs facts
For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

Oct 13, 2015, 20:28
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 20:28
Oct 13, 2015, 20:28

Random thought: It occurred to me today that this game will let you play Darth Vader and defeat Luke Skywalker - and if you teabag him and tell him you fucked his mother, for once it will actually be true!

Oct 13, 2015, 20:21
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 20:21
Oct 13, 2015, 20:21

My favorite news about the game that shows their idiocy. They've said that the game will not have in-game voice-chat. They said there's enough third party software if you want to chat with your friends... of course there's a problem with this logic. I can only join the game with ONE friend. The rest of the team is fucking random!

It's an anti clan game, no pub stomping allowed. You can't have a bunch of guys in teamspeak saying everyone join on x server and then team stacking the hell out of it.

I've been there done that, it's fun but unfair as fuck for the other team getting their shit pushed in.

It's also anti e-sport which I'm fine with as well.

Oct 13, 2015, 20:19
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 20:19
Oct 13, 2015, 20:19

I bought it on GMG, I had a blast. Sometimes your team could be frustrating, but that's part of it. Only really played Hoth, I enjoyed both sides, any issues I had, had more to do with teammates that didn't appreciate the value of achieving map objectives over shooting from behind snowbanks and outcroppings.

Oct 13, 2015, 20:18
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 20:18
Oct 13, 2015, 20:18

Hrm, I must've had a bug then when I joined an assault game with 3 of my friends.......

In-game VOIP is a great nicety, but honestly, most of us get tired of it anyways when it is overrun by people yelling obscenities every 2 seconds.

Oct 13, 2015, 20:15
Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 20:15
Oct 13, 2015, 20:15

No one uses in game VOIP. In any game, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The one exception may be Competative CS:GO. Battlefield servers hosted TS or Ventrilo servers for their community most times and most people who frequented the same servers over and over used those third party programs. So I honestly can't blame them for not wasting their time putting it in. When me and my crew play any game we use TS.

And you can join a game with 8 people. You can make an entire party of 8 people in Battlefront, I know for a fact because we did it. Just more proof most of you installed it and uninstalled it without actually playing. Good grief.
-C22

Oct 13, 2015, 19:52
Re: 9M Played Star Wars Battlefront Beta Oct 13, 2015, 19:52
Oct 13, 2015, 19:52

Oct 13, 2015, 19:39
Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 19:39
Oct 13, 2015, 19:39

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 19:24:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:54:
Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:46:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:03:
For all the supposed play testing and focus group feedback they've been doing (for the past six months at least) it's rather surprising how unbalanced and broken the gameplay was in the game. Even the pod drop game mode saw the rebels at a disadvantage with seemingly spawning them much further away from the objective than the empire side.

are you kidding me!?

first of all the pod drops are RANDOM, so no side has an "advantage", oh also the level is the size of a shoe box.

second, the default skins the rebels wear blends in PERFECTLY with that level, meanwhile the stormtroopers with their pure white "camo" stick out like a sore thumb. The rebels has a distinct advantage in that respect. no more 3D spotting remember? no one comments on how great THAT is. nor the fast spawns, the fast regen, or anything else that makes FPS games FUN.

i swear... did half of you even play the game?

No, of course not, half of them installed it played a round and uninstalled it. In fact they admit to it. Why actually relax and have fun with a game and actually test the beta when you have a forum to run back to and circle jerk nonsense everywhere to feel better about yourselves, right?

If I'm as crotchety as some of these guys are when I'm older (And I'm already 35 now and cynical myself half the time) I don't know what I'll do, I might as well stop playing games. I don't know how any of them have fun.

There's a very easy recipe to having fun. You play good story-driven games like The Witcher series instead of fucking dumbass garbage like Battlefront.

I thought the Witcher 1 and 2 both played god awfully poor as far as combat. So no, thanks I won't play a game like Witcher 3 just because the story is apparently good when I've been burned on the first 2 games being shit.

Thats not to say I don't play OTHER Story Driven games. But Battlefront isn't a Story Driven game, so why would you even bother playing it if that doesn't interest you to begin with? Go play KOTOR.

You're just complaining for the sake of complaining if you want to complain that it's a Multiplayer game when it was never advertised as anything else and want to complain about it.

Might as well be pissing into the wind.
-C22

Oct 13, 2015, 19:36
Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 19:36
Oct 13, 2015, 19:36

On behalf of me and my wallet, thanks EA for letting me determine the game is crap so I didn't buy it. It's a really basic simplified shooter which probably won't have much of a population for the one year the servers are going to be open.

Oct 13, 2015, 19:24
Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Oct 13, 2015, 19:24
Oct 13, 2015, 19:24

Trevellian wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:54:
Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 18:46:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 16:03:
For all the supposed play testing and focus group feedback they've been doing (for the past six months at least) it's rather surprising how unbalanced and broken the gameplay was in the game. Even the pod drop game mode saw the rebels at a disadvantage with seemingly spawning them much further away from the objective than the empire side.

are you kidding me!?

first of all the pod drops are RANDOM, so no side has an "advantage", oh also the level is the size of a shoe box.

second, the default skins the rebels wear blends in PERFECTLY with that level, meanwhile the stormtroopers with their pure white "camo" stick out like a sore thumb. The rebels has a distinct advantage in that respect. no more 3D spotting remember? no one comments on how great THAT is. nor the fast spawns, the fast regen, or anything else that makes FPS games FUN.

i swear... did half of you even play the game?

No, of course not, half of them installed it played a round and uninstalled it. In fact they admit to it. Why actually relax and have fun with a game and actually test the beta when you have a forum to run back to and circle jerk nonsense everywhere to feel better about yourselves, right?

If I'm as crotchety as some of these guys are when I'm older (And I'm already 35 now and cynical myself half the time) I don't know what I'll do, I might as well stop playing games. I don't know how any of them have fun.

There's a very easy recipe to having fun. You play good story-driven games like The Witcher series instead of fucking dumbass garbage like Battlefront.
74 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  ] Older