Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day

A post on beta test details has been edited with word from Sledgehammer that open beta testing of Star Wars Battlefront is being extended through tomorrow, making it a day longer than first planned (thanks Eurogamer). Here's word on additional paces they want to put the action game through:

These additional tests will start on Monday, October 12 and will run thru Tuesday, October 13th, which will add an additional day to the open Beta. These tests are to help us find some extreme scenarios, and that means some players may experience occasional issues such as being kicked from the game or losing connectivity. This is all being done in the name of shoring up our infrastructure before we launch on November 17th.

View
57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

57. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 16:34 harlock

Slick wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 01:55:
what is your point again? oh right telling me how bad everything is.

no the point is you running around saying "IM A BAD ASS! IM A BAD ASS! BOOM! HEADSHOT!", when all you are "pwning" is 8 year old kids

THATS the point, genius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t8xwpW8gJQ

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

56. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 09:20 InBlack

Beamer wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 08:41:
InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 08:15:
Jaded? Im jaded because a game I would probably like, and buy (despite my aversion to EA and Origin) misses functionalities that were standard in first person shooters since the original Doom??? I don't even know how to respond to this, maybe youre trolling me 'cos of my views on StarCitizen or something...

Not saying you're wrong about whether they should include them, but Doom had neither a server browser nor a ping counter. That wasn't standard until Quake 2.

Remember how we all needed QSpy to find Quake servers? That wasn't standard, that was a third party app made to solve a problem id didn't.

You are right. Memory is weird. Doom didn't have a server browser, but Doom2.exe did have a ping counter. We used to play it over the modem back in the day. The Host had PING 0 obviously, while the other guy hoped for the best...(Which is why most games were played to 42 (21x2) where we switched hosts at the midpoint). Same thing with Duke Nukem 3d.

You are also right about Quake not having a server browser initially, but it did have dedicated servers for TCP/IP play. You needed to get the IP numbers for the servers you wanted to play from somewhere else (before Qspy)

I have a nifty blue line!

55. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 08:41 Beamer

InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 08:15:
Jaded? Im jaded because a game I would probably like, and buy (despite my aversion to EA and Origin) misses functionalities that were standard in first person shooters since the original Doom??? I don't even know how to respond to this, maybe youre trolling me 'cos of my views on StarCitizen or something...

Not saying you're wrong about whether they should include them, but Doom had neither a server browser nor a ping counter. That wasn't standard until Quake 2.

Remember how we all needed QSpy to find Quake servers? That wasn't standard, that was a third party app made to solve a problem id didn't.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

54. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 08:15 InBlack

53. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 08:12 theyarecomingforyou

InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 03:38:
Nuhauser wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 19:05:
Is complaining about not being able to choose a server or see your ping not allowed anymore? That's what I find unforgivable in this otherwise fun game. I don't like when my avatar freezes for 3 seconds and then dies. I also find it annoying when I hit someone 10 times and they hit me twice and I die. Sure, it's great when it's the other way around. Taking out 3 people in a row who can't even see me because of the difference in our ping has nothing to do with my skill though, and just makes the game feel cheap. Give me a server browser so I can select based on ping and I might buy. As it is, it just seems like a random "fish in a barrel" simulator half the time.

No server browser? Not even a PING counter? How the fuck can they get away with this shit???!!! Fuck EA a million times. May they be impaled on a giant Reaper cock and suffer a million years. Needless to say, even after Slick's very slick and attractive few positive posts, Im not touching this with a 10 foot pole.
This isn't aimed at gamers, it's aimed at the casual audience. This isn't meant to be competing with Battlefield 4. When you consider it for what it is it's pretty decent, especially for an EA game.

It's astonishing how jaded some of the people around here are.

8700K @ 4.9GHz / Kraken X62 / 32GB DDR4
GTX 1080 Ti OC / Optane 900P

52. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 07:44 Nuhauser

1badmf wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 05:37:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 19:18:
I don't like when my avatar freezes for 3 seconds and then dies.

I am having the same issue. Is it just bad ping?

happens for me in the beginning and end screens of rounds, but not during gameplay. really weird.

I'll get it especially when there are a lot of enemies on screen, all firing at me at the same time. It means that the server has determined I've been shot but it's still getting around to telling my machine. Pretty standard stuff for a Dice engine game trying to cope with different pings to the server.

51. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 05:37 1badmf

I don't like when my avatar freezes for 3 seconds and then dies.

happens for me in the beginning and end screens of rounds, but not during gameplay. really weird.

50. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 04:22 Julio

InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2015, 03:38:
Needless to say, even after Slick's very slick and attractive few positive posts, Im not touching this with a 10 foot pole.

Don't forget he was also praising Battlefield Hardline during the beta too, and we know how good of a game that ended up being.

49. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 03:38 InBlack

Is complaining about not being able to choose a server or see your ping not allowed anymore? That's what I find unforgivable in this otherwise fun game. I don't like when my avatar freezes for 3 seconds and then dies. I also find it annoying when I hit someone 10 times and they hit me twice and I die. Sure, it's great when it's the other way around. Taking out 3 people in a row who can't even see me because of the difference in our ping has nothing to do with my skill though, and just makes the game feel cheap. Give me a server browser so I can select based on ping and I might buy. As it is, it just seems like a random "fish in a barrel" simulator half the time.

No server browser? Not even a PING counter? How the fuck can they get away with this shit???!!! Fuck EA a million times. May they be impaled on a giant Reaper cock and suffer a million years. Needless to say, even after Slick's very slick and attractive few positive posts, Im not touching this with a 10 foot pole.

48. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 01:58 DangerDog

Nuhauser wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 21:29:

I'm not an expert on net code, but typically lag followed by instant death happens when you're playing on a server with players who have a much lower ping than you. The simple solution is to allow players to search for servers by ping, but that's not an option with this game. It needs a server browser badly. Otherwise it's just a casual game where your skill is nothing but luck.

Still finding it weird that there's not more people complaining about this.

With the floodgates open for the free demo there's no problem finding games, retail experience might be a little different.

47. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 01:55 Slick

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 20:34:
harlock wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 19:33:
Slick wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 18:44:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 18:37:
Slick wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 18:28:
siapnar wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 18:18:
Slick wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 18:11:
oh and you know.... THIS
Stacked team much?

how do you stack a team with 2-man squads? lol. and pretty much every server i was in last night turned into this, well myself and LunatiK. We'd turn around every team we were in. nobody can PTFO like us, and then we make them mad, and then they start leaving. Us 2 we killed probably 6 or 7 servers lastnight from 2-9am EST.

The thing is, when between the 2 of us we're getting half the kills on our team, then the rest of our team only has to worry about engaging HALF of the enemy team that's remaining. It just snowballs. every server we joined we'd lose the first round that we joined halfway through, then win every round until the entire enemy team left.

but the ones who actually STAYED got the most HILARIOUS KDRs of all

I swear we thought we were shooting bots half the time, there are SOOOO many casuals who are playing this beta. non-FPS gamers who just like star wars. whoever is saying this is going to tank, you either have your head up your ass, or just don't understand humans.

Good players quit the rebel side due to the balance issues with the Hoth scenario.

LOL!!!!

4 times

4 times

we killed both walkers on the FIRST PUSH 4 times last night

4 times

again, all the fucking crybabies saying that it's imbalanced have no idea how to play the game they're complaining about.

ever consider that you might be winning so much because you are playing against 6, 7 and 8 year old kids?

i bet you didnt!
I am pretty sure they were playing against the cream of the crop. He says so in his post;
I swear we thought we were shooting bots half the time, there are SOOOO many casuals who are playing this beta. non-FPS gamers who just like star wars.

yeah no shit.

i don't usually go 92-6 against players of equal skill

what is your point again? oh right telling me how bad everything is. tell us what's bad jimmy, tell the world.

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

46. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 01:50 Slick

Drayth wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 19:46:
This thread was pretty boring till Slick got here.

sarcasm or not, i think i found my new sig

For your transgressions you shall be labeled a shill, called an idiot and anytime you mention facts or disagree with a tribe member you will henceforth be known as a troll. The best you can hope for is that the labels won't haunt your offspring. -RedEye9

45. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 13, 2015, 01:50 Slick

oh and you know.... THIS
Stacked team much?

how do you stack a team with 2-man squads? lol. and pretty much every server i was in last night turned into this, well myself and LunatiK. We'd turn around every team we were in. nobody can PTFO like us, and then we make them mad, and then they start leaving. Us 2 we killed probably 6 or 7 servers lastnight from 2-9am EST.

The thing is, when between the 2 of us we're getting half the kills on our team, then the rest of our team only has to worry about engaging HALF of the enemy team that's remaining. It just snowballs. every server we joined we'd lose the first round that we joined halfway through, then win every round until the entire enemy team left.

I swear we thought we were shooting bots half the time, there are SOOOO many casuals who are playing this beta. non-FPS gamers who just like star wars. whoever is saying this is going to tank, you either have your head up your ass, or just don't understand humans.

Good players quit the rebel side due to the balance issues with the Hoth scenario.

LOL!!!!

4 times

4 times

4 times

again, all the fucking crybabies saying that it's imbalanced have no idea how to play the game they're complaining about.

ever consider that you might be winning so much because you are playing against 6, 7 and 8 year old kids?

i bet you didnt!

yeah, you know those 6 year old kids who stay awake from 2-9AM playing computer FPS games. they certainly know how to curse at a 9 year old level!

44. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 22:04 Retired

Nuhauser wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 21:29:

I'm not an expert on net code, but typically lag followed by instant death happens when you're playing on a server with players who have a much lower ping than you. The simple solution is to allow players to search for servers by ping, but that's not an option with this game. It needs a server browser badly. Otherwise it's just a casual game where your skill is nothing but luck.

Another glaring console port red flag - no way of telling your latency. Scoreboard shows k/d and score. Thazzzit. Not that it would matter, as you can't control where you play. I jumped in and out of games multiple times and it just throws me in the same game.

43. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 21:29 Nuhauser

42. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 20:34 RedEye9

oh and you know.... THIS
Stacked team much?

LOL!!!!

4 times

4 times

4 times

i bet you didnt!
I am pretty sure they were playing against the cream of the crop. He says so in his post;
I swear we thought we were shooting bots half the time, there are SOOOO many casuals who are playing this beta. non-FPS gamers who just like star wars.

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." Neil deGrasse Tyson

41. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 20:08 Citizen P

I'm enjoying the beta as well, I haven't played a FPS in ages, and I'm having a blast. I find the Hoth scenario is balanced, I've seen the ATATs dropped by the mid-point multiple times, and 1 destroyed and the other severely wounded just as frequently. At the same time, I've seen the IMPs keep the Rebels boxed into their base, and the Y-wing strikes last for only a few moments. The longer the Rebels hold the flags to each check-point, the longer the Walkers are vulnerable: if the Imperials aren't destroying the radar-shaped map-guns, they are asking for trouble.  

40. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 19:46 Drayth

This thread was pretty boring till Slick got here.  

39. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 19:33 harlock

oh and you know.... THIS
Stacked team much?

LOL!!!!

4 times

4 times

4 times

i bet you didnt!

38. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Open Beta Extended One Day Oct 12, 2015, 19:28 Undocumented Alien

It is a kid oriented/simplified Battlefield game - EAs going for the hit a button and amazing happens with this one. Kind of like DA2 vs DA1

IDK, Diab-WoW 3 is the same and it seems to be pretty popular on Blues. Definitely, and vastly, dumbed down from D1->D2->D3.

Is D3 fun? It's fun in short bursts (a little more with coop) to just kill things quickly and watch them fly all over the screen, but because it's so freaking easy and pointless it gets boring quick.

I can see jumping into a few matches of B3, scratching the Star Wars itch, then logging out. My little guy (8 y/o) likes it so I will do coop with him (missions) and maybe go into the multiplayer zoo from time to time.

Yes, it could be better, but it's not a terrible game either.

57 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo