Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:

Morning Legal Briefs

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 19:16 harlock

federal prison is nothing like the average local jail, especially minimum security fed

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 19:10 Julio

InBlack wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 09:43:
Going from playing Xbox in your mom's basement to federal prison is going to be quite an eye opener for this 'boy'...

I don't think it's his eye that's going to get opened in prison. Maybe it will encourage other swatters to stop.

12. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 15:56 Rhett

NKD wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 15:24:
I wish our prison system was better. Even a short stint in prison is extremely unlikely to make a positive change in this guys behavior. People almost always come out worse off than they went in, and more of a threat to society.

We can't let the behavior go unanswered, but at the same time, are we doing more harm than good by converting this social retard into an actual criminal?

I feel like a more creative punishment should be in order. Maybe a ban from computers, and a court order to seek and maintain gainful employment in a low tech field of work. Sort of a rehab for addiction to being an internet fuckwad.

Just one idea.

Yeah, but then we also have privatized prisons who are paid just to have prisoners. So they don't care. It's just livestock to them.

11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 15:24 NKD

I wish our prison system was better. Even a short stint in prison is extremely unlikely to make a positive change in this guys behavior. People almost always come out worse off than they went in, and more of a threat to society.

We can't let the behavior go unanswered, but at the same time, are we doing more harm than good by converting this social retard into an actual criminal?

I feel like a more creative punishment should be in order. Maybe a ban from computers, and a court order to seek and maintain gainful employment in a low tech field of work. Sort of a rehab for addiction to being an internet fuckwad.

Just one idea.

Welcome to the Retirement Home for Old People Terrified Of Change

10. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 14:40 jdreyer

Shineyguy wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 14:21:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 12:52:
Shineyguy wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 10:32:
Kid makes me sad that I live in CT, and am a CT native.

Between this guy and the mac and cheese kid that just got expelled from UConn, what's in the watter in CT?

A year is good amount. Long enough for the seriousness of the crime, but not so long as to burden society. This guy's not a hardened criminal and I'd be surprised if he did this ever again.

To be fair, the main UCONN campus is out in the boondocks (re: redneck) area of CT.

Generally we are nicer, and more decent than what has been going on here. Think of us as a "nicer" NY or Boston. But don't mistake that for being like the south.

Yeah, actually graduated from Storrs campus 20 yrs ago or so. Which is why I'm kind of shocked to see this kind of stuff happening there. I'd expect that in FL or TX, but not CT. I guess at least no one got shot, so there's that.

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

9. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 14:21 Shineyguy

Between this guy and the mac and cheese kid that just got expelled from UConn, what's in the watter in CT?

A year is good amount. Long enough for the seriousness of the crime, but not so long as to burden society. This guy's not a hardened criminal and I'd be surprised if he did this ever again.

To be fair, the main UCONN campus is out in the boondocks (re: redneck) area of CT.

Generally we are nicer, and more decent than what has been going on here. Think of us as a "nicer" NY or Boston. But don't mistake that for being like the south.

8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 13:05 nin

I keep hoping we'll hear more about mac and cheese kids continued fuck ups in the future! I demand more! And I'm not leaving!

7. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 12:52 jdreyer

The land in Minecraft is flat, Minecraft simulates the Earth, ergo the Earth is flat.

6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 10:49 Cutter

Why? Is CT supposed to be free of idiots and assholes or something? Find me that mythical place and I'll move there.

"Ah, Impressionists, the boy bands of the art world." - Sideshow Bob

5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 10:32 Shineyguy

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 09:51 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 09:47:
He's 22. Time to man up!

I just don't have much sympathy. His actions could have gotten someone else injured or killed.

Yeah, wholeheartedly agree. This guy absolutely deserves his Year and a Day in Hell!

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 09:47 nin

He's 22. Time to man up!

I just don't have much sympathy. His actions could have gotten someone else injured or killed.

2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 09:43 InBlack

nin wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 09:22:
Note the comma there. He gets 366 days behind bars (yea!).

Do you think that's enough time in jail to graduate into a proper criminal?

Going from playing Xbox in your mom's basement to federal prison is going to be quite an eye opener for this 'boy'...

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2015, 09:22 nin

Note the comma there. He gets 366 days behind bars (yea!).

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo