No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition

This reddit thread and this thread on the Ubisoft forums reflect discontent among some purchasers of the Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition after they discovered this does not contain a game disc, but rather includes a code to download the strategy sequel. It was never explicitly stated that there would be a game disc, but a PC DVD logo on the listing on the Official Ubisoft Online Store (perhaps referring to the soundtrack) suggested this, and one of the perks of the CE is actually a collector's box to hold the nonexistent disc. There are a few responses from Ubisoft community management, but these seem isolated to those having trouble downling the game from Uplay. Thanks Darren.
View : : :

Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
Oct 12, 2015, 15:05
Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Oct 12, 2015, 15:05
Oct 12, 2015, 15:05

Luke wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 04:38:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 17:03:
Luke wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 16:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 15:11:
The future is here.

is it hmm i see .. well what a future ....what a future , no media even tho the price is up , i guess people wanna be ###

You might prefer the stoneage, but digital delivery is all there is going to be in a few short years except for a few niche markups markets.

You might prefer the stoneage

On some things yea , i still use a keyboard , a mouse and i guess you also do so who are you to say You might prefer the stoneage, I want to have a feeling i got something for the money instead of a code and a pdf file of a manual and some fucking skin for a gun or whatever....and the price is still if not higher for a shitty beta game here in the "future"

You sound like getting a dvd inside of a cardboard box is almost as important as the data that's on it. Some kids like to play with the box, others would rather play with the contents. I'm a content person myself.
I recommend that you get a shoebox and toss a cd in it, every time you buy a game just pick up the box, shake it and peek inside.

Digital delivery is here to stay. It's better for the environment, lower carbon footprint and all that jazz.
I don't know why you brought up mice and keyboards. I use a g602 mouse and ducky zero one with cherry mx browns. The boxes that these input devices came in had no sway on my decision, they were each ordered sight unseen, digitally, from the internet.
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov
Date
Subject
Author
Oct 12, 2015Oct 12 2015
  Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
Oct 12, 2015Oct 12 2015
Oct 12, 2015Oct 12 2015
Oct 12, 2015Oct 12 2015