No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition

This reddit thread and this thread on the Ubisoft forums reflect discontent among some purchasers of the Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition after they discovered this does not contain a game disc, but rather includes a code to download the strategy sequel. It was never explicitly stated that there would be a game disc, but a PC DVD logo on the listing on the Official Ubisoft Online Store (perhaps referring to the soundtrack) suggested this, and one of the perks of the CE is actually a collector's box to hold the nonexistent disc. There are a few responses from Ubisoft community management, but these seem isolated to those having trouble downling the game from Uplay. Thanks Darren.
View : : :
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older

Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition
Oct 11, 2015, 15:32
El Pit

Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Oct 11, 2015, 15:32
Oct 11, 2015, 15:32
 El Pit

necrosis wrote on Oct 11, 2015, 15:07:
Sounds close to the MGSV physical release having a disk with only a steam installer on it.

EDIT: Wow. Apparently the EU version is shipping with disks.

Of course. Because of those totally unfair (to big companies) user protection rights in the EU, they had to actually ship the disks. But don't be afraid, with TTIP the EU consumer rights will be killed off and everything will be as great for consumers as in the US. Can I hear you jumping up and down shouting HOORAY? Or is that USA! USA!?
"There is no right life in the wrong one." (Theodor W. Adorno, philosopher)
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes." (Obi-Wan Kenobi, Jedi)
Founder, president, and only member of the official "Grumpy Old Gamers Club". Please do not apply.

Oct 11, 2015, 15:11
Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Oct 11, 2015, 15:11
Oct 11, 2015, 15:11

The future is here.
"I expect death to be nothingness and by removing from me all possible fears of death, I am thankful to atheism." Isaac Asimov

Oct 11, 2015, 15:07
Re: No Disc in Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Oct 11, 2015, 15:07
Oct 11, 2015, 15:07

Sounds close to the MGSV physical release having a disk with only a steam installer on it.

EDIT: Wow. Apparently the EU version is shipping with disks.

This comment was edited on Oct 11, 2015, 15:20.
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  ] Older